Thank you for your continued support of Hot Wheels Collectors, and your love of the fastest metal cars in the world!
For the sale of the RLC Exclusive '71 Datsun 510 on 6/23, HotWheelsCollectors.com will be working with a new ecommerce platform. This change means your shopping experience will be a bit different from what you've experienced on our previous platform. Please read this post in full, so you know what to expect...
this page has been updated with additional information since the previous sale on 6/9.
If you were able to purchase a Datsun 510 during the sale on 6/9, you will not be able to purchase another one on 6/23.
Orders that exceed more than one Datsun 510 per RLC membership, whether in the same order or across multiple orders, will be canceled.
1. On the morning of the sale, be sure to log into your RLC account first, shortly before the sale begins.
- If you click/tap either the yellow sale bar or the large sale banner on our homepage while you're NOT logged into your account, you'll be taken to the RLC login page.
2. Once you are logged into your RLC account, click/tap either the yellow banner link or the large sale banner on our homepage, and you'll be taken to a product lobby with a countdown timer our new platform, like the one pictured below.
- RLC accounts have already been imported into the new platform. If for some reason it does not recognize your RLC account, you may be referred back to https://forums.hotwheelscollectors.mattel.com/red-line-club/ (see below):
- If this happens, please clear your browser cache and cookies, close and restart your browser, login to your RLC account again, and click/tap either the yellow banner link or the large sale banner on our homepage to go to the product page.
- If this still does not resolve the issue, contact Customer Service.
- Please have your credit card information ready before the sale begins. Because your credit card information is encrypted separately by our current payment processor for security purposes, your credit card information has NOT been imported to the new platform.
3. When the sale begins, the countdown clock will disappear and a "View Details" button will appear. Click/tap that button to be taken to the product page.
- On that page, click/tap the "Add to Cart" button to add the product to your shopping cart. You'll be taken directly to the Shopping Cart page.
- On the Shopping Cart page, once you are ready to check out, click/tap the "Checkout" button to move into the checkout process.
- When you click/tap the "Checkout" button, you may be presented with a message that says you're in line to check out. You do not need to do anything at this point; the system will move you into the checkout process automatically.
4. Captcha has been added to the checkout process to help combat bots. (That's the thing where you have to check a box that says, "I'm not a robot.") You'll be required to do that during the checkout process to complete your order.
5. When you complete the checkout process by clicking/tapping the "Pay Now" button, you'll reach an order confirmation screen and receive an initial order confirmation email.
- The initial order confirmation will NOT include an order number, and the order will not immediately appear in the "Order History" section of your RLC account.
- You will receive a separate order confirmation from Mattel within 12 hours, which will include your order number. At that time, your order will also appear in the "Order History" section of your RLC account.
6. The Rewards Points you earn from your order will not appear in your RLC account until you receive your shipment confirmation email from Mattel.
- As a reminder, Customer Service can NOT help you purchase items which are sold out. If you feel there is a problem with your account, Customer Service will only be able to assist with confirming your membership is active and assisting with preparation for future offers. To learn more, check out our "How to Purchase" guide.
Thank you for your support as we make this transition, and we hope it continues to improve your experience as an RLC member!
Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.
Edited by HWC Staff