Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

REVISED: An Update to Our HWC/RLC Sale Day Process

Thank you for your continued support of Hot Wheels Collectors, and your love of the fastest metal cars in the world!

For the sale of the RLC Exclusive '71 Datsun 510 on 6/23, HotWheelsCollectors.com will be working with a new ecommerce platform. This change means your shopping experience will be a bit different from what you've experienced on our previous platform. Please read this post in full, so you know what to expect...

Please note:

this page has been updated with additional information since the previous sale on 6/9.

If you were able to purchase a Datsun 510 during the sale on 6/9, you will not be able to purchase another one on 6/23.

Orders that exceed more than one Datsun 510 per RLC membership, whether in the same order or across multiple orders, will be canceled.

1. On the morning of the sale, be sure to log into your RLC account first, shortly before the sale begins.

• If you click/tap either the yellow sale bar or the large sale banner on our homepage while you're NOT logged into your account, you'll be taken to the RLC login page.

2. Once you are logged into your RLC account, click/tap either the yellow banner link or the large sale banner on our homepage, and you'll be taken to a product lobby with a countdown timer our new platform, like the one pictured below.

01_HWCFlashSale-Lobby2.png

2020-06-05_RLC-ForkInTheRoad.png

• If this happens, please clear your browser cache and cookies, close and restart your browser, login to your RLC account again, and click/tap either the yellow banner link or the large sale banner on our homepage to go to the product page.

• Please have your credit card information ready before the sale begins. Because your credit card information is encrypted separately by our current payment processor for security purposes, your credit card information has NOT been imported to the new platform.

3. When the sale begins, the countdown clock will disappear and a "View Details" button will appear. Click/tap that button to be taken to the product page.

• On that page, click/tap the "Add to Cart" button to add the product to your shopping cart. You'll be taken directly to the Shopping Cart page.

03_HWCFlashSale_ShoppingCart1.png

• On the Shopping Cart page, once you are ready to check out, click/tap the "Checkout" button to move into the checkout process.

• When you click/tap the "Checkout" button, you may be presented with a message that says you're in line to check out. You do not need to do anything at this point; the system will move you into the checkout process automatically.

4. Captcha has been added to the checkout process to help combat bots. (That's the thing where you have to check a box that says, "I'm not a robot.") You'll be required to do that during the checkout process to complete your order.

5. When you complete the checkout process by clicking/tapping the "Pay Now" button, you'll reach an order confirmation screen and receive an initial order confirmation email.

• The initial order confirmation will NOT include an order number, and the order will not immediately appear in the "Order History" section of your RLC account.

• You will receive a separate order confirmation from Mattel within 12 hours, which will include your order number. At that time, your order will also appear in the "Order History" section of your RLC account.

6. The Rewards Points you earn from your order will not appear in your RLC account until you receive your shipment confirmation email from Mattel.

• As a reminder, Customer Service can NOT help you purchase items which are sold out. If you feel there is a problem with your account, Customer Service will only be able to assist with confirming your membership is active and assisting with preparation for future offers. To learn more, check out our "How to Purchase" guide.

Thank you for your support as we make this transition, and we hope it continues to improve your experience as an RLC member!

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • REVISED: An Update to Our HWC/RLC Sale Day Process
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

caiocout

Posted

oh boy... hope I'm wrong but new system = new chaos 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

ThunderWolf29

Posted

Hope everything goes well 🤞

Share this comment

PATHBEATER

Posted

Hoping for a smooth sale and thank you for stopping the use of Bots!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

LSJAN8

Posted

So this site "importation" to the current style of RLC means that we should all change our payment information? I created my account shortly before the membership sale which I believe was long after the site transition to the new format. Is this sales process change a new site transition or is it just a change in the sales process but not to our accounts?

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

Thanks for the update.

🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

• Like 1

Share this comment

LSJAN8

Posted

14 minutes ago, HWClams said:

Not being able to see your order # immediately is a scam...and you know it mattel.

I can see it already. The site lets you in but you are buyer #15001 (there are only 15000 units available) and telling you that you were successful only for your order to be denied later when the "confirmation email" comes. An official order number would solidify your purchase whereas the confirmation at a later time could result in a number of ways that your order could be rejected. I know that they are trying to improve the platform and this is objectively a definite improvement on paper but in execution I have no doubts that this could go very bad.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

ARMATAZ

Posted

log out, clear all cookies then log back in prior to clicking the yellow links. to be sure you dont get sent back to log in.  have your current CC/DC ready to input info, and we will now possibly have to type a human verification code..  should be simple enough.   we'll find out tomarrow. 😉 TAZ

• Like 1

Share this comment

jrcheung5

Posted

which payment processor is this going to be using? Shopify? Stripe?

Share this comment

ARMATAZ

Posted

8 minutes ago, LSJAN8 said:

I can see it already. The site lets you in but you are buyer #15001 (there are only 15000 units available) and telling you that you were successful only for your order to be denied later when the "confirmation email" comes. An official order number would solidify your purchase whereas the confirmation at a later time could result in a number of ways that your order could be rejected. I know that they are trying to improve the platform and this is objectively a definite improvement on paper but in execution I have no doubts that this could go very bad.  

hey.. just think... any one ahead of you that might be using bots to auto order, will automatically be rejected.. giving you a better chance. (unless your a bot that is LOL...)

TAZ

• Like 3

Share this comment

Zesti1

Posted

Thank you for moving to a new system.

There should be some way for users to test out if their account was uploaded to the new platform. If you get the redirect tomorrow, there is no way you'll get through to CS and you'll lose out on the sale.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

New changes to a system already having problems. I've struggled many times due to these problems but only missed out once,  this will definitely add more anxiety. We''ll find out tomorrow, good luck

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

The three hour clock they're showing kinda freaked me out.

Share this comment

sp4c3m4nsp1ff17

Posted

So we won't know for 12 hours if we actually got the car or not...in my opinion, 1 hour of waiting in a waiting room and instant confirmation > 12 hours of total ambiguity. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

sdelia

Posted

Oh this sounds like trouble, but it can't be worse then it has been.

Share this comment

SEAMOORE

Posted

Got it. Thanks for the update.

Share this comment

NOTHINGBUT696867

Posted

Thank you Mattel I'm thankful and ready for a chance to get one. P.S. keep up the great work.

Share this comment

HUNTNDOG

Posted

Thank you for the update....hope it works better...good luck...

Share this comment

Marke1

Posted

Just leave it the way it was you win some you lose some at least after the battle you knew if you won the war but now you still have to wait and hope you got it not to mention hope Mattel was competent enough to make sure your RLC account got imported into the new platform what a joke

• Like 1

Share this comment

RABBIT15

Posted

Oh boy. An ecommerce platform change coupled with a 510. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this comment

CRUSTYOG

Posted

i smell another major fiasco coming with lots of people saying their rlc account is not being recognized and or credit cxard info wont work lmao

• Like 2

Share this comment

sevenXsix

Posted

Why on earth would anyone want the old system? It was a total train wreck that seemed to degrade every sale day. Will this new one work? I don't know....we will find out...but I sure as hell want something to change.

• Like 5

Share this comment

NIVLEM31

Posted

because of our current credit card information has not been imported to the new platform, can we use ANOTHER credit card besides the one on FILE?

Share this comment

i8krookroo

Posted

no more BOTS. this is nice 

Share this comment

KODAIKUN

Posted

Can it be worse than it was before? Here's to hoping it goes smoothly and we can be happy with it.

I realize that those that can't get the car will immediately rage quit with "This new way it dookey! I missed out because of it!" but since you have to add your info, will mean those with 20 accounts will also be delayed. So the chances of getting one go up.

• Like 2

Share this comment