Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6/9 HWC Flash Sale Updates

Thank you for your continued support of Hot Wheels Collectors, and your love of the fastest metal cars in the world.

Our June 9 sale at HotWheelsCollectors.com of the RLC Exclusive '71 Datsun 510 clearly did not go the way we would have liked. We don’t want to make excuses for that; we just want to provide an explanation and keep you informed of what we’re working on toward improving that experience.

In our efforts to improve the sale experience, we recently transitioned to a new platform called Shopify. This was our first use of the new system, and – despite testing for what we could anticipate – there were still unforeseen technical nuances with the platform. We are updating the system and running additional rounds of validation to ensure the next sale is a better, more seamless experience.

Despite the difficulties we encountered during the sale, we're optimistic and strongly believe that our continued work behind the scenes will lead to the results we intended all along – to improve your experience with our sales.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support of HWC while we work hard behind the scenes to make this right.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

JAMSLLS1975

Posted

BY selling an RLC membership, Mattel promises to provide a service which has not been provided. By law this is a breach of contract and could be used as a basis for a class action lawsuit.  I am not saying this should happen, only that the more people who feel deceived/cheated the more likely this scenario becomes. Bring back the subscription plan so every member has the opportunity to receive all items available during the subscription year.  Or send a list to every member of all items that will be offered during the year. The member then gets to check off the items that they want. These items will automatically be sent and charged on the credit card on file.

• Like 1

Share this comment

lclabombard

Posted

Could they have tested this new platform on the 2020 Selections????  I am still in shock that they chose this car for the launch. This is my second year as an RLC member last year went well. I had a blast learning how the Waiting room works and getting  a car. The prices were good the cars great. This year started out glitchy but was lucky to get the Porsche. Wasn’t interested in the lambo but tried for it anyway because I enjoy the anticipation of the waiting room. It moved to cart but couldn’t get past the payment page wheels were spinning from the start. It is still in my cart LOL. I really want this car and hope we get a fair shot at it again. 

Share this comment

NELSONORPM

Posted

I can agree to this...

Share this comment

NELSONORPM

Posted

On 6/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Rozekl said:

Have ALL of the orders that 'somehow' made it through been cancelled???  

The original message said sales would be honored but many were 'illicit' as your post from last year mentioned.  

So I assume there will be a message coming out about the cancellations sometime soon??? 

And 15000 Datsun's will be up for sale when the new sale date is announced???

Thank you

I got mine fair n square...so why cancel???? They should just let us know how many are left so that we know how hard it would be to get them.... n maybe throw in a main line Datsun or car culture so that everyone can stop complaining

• Like 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

18 hours ago, LENTZ said:

oh wow, whats up with hw collectors? liberty promotions  subcontracting now lol

"CLASSIC!!!" 🤣

Share this comment

giuseppe72

Posted

I've made space on my wall the moment I found out about this gem. In the meantime the NON-Hot Wheels Collector who become members for a quick buck did manage to buy one selling them north of $150.00 and up to $500.00 for the low collector issued number.  GRRRR!                                                     

Share this comment

DriftStang

Posted

On 6/16/2020 at 12:48 PM, DriftStang said:

Thanks for the rundown.  Agreed as well.  Does anyone know if there's an update to the RLC Exclusive '71 Datsun 51 sale?  And what about date release for the Mustang?

Update.....Just got a message in my inbox that the Datsun sale resumes this Tuesday June 23rd, 2020.  Hoping to get one without any issues.

Share this comment

MOTORCITYSTEVE

Posted

Some thoughts:

Thank you RLC staff for posting this update. Testing and validation are key.  I assume a load testing app is being used to gauge the sales platform's ability to handle traffic. Here's an idea: run a live test sale with RLC members and offer a free random 2019/2020 super TH with a future order as the sale item. The cost to Mattel is low, and member would get a tangible reward for their effort while at the same time they participate in improving the RLC. Traffic would likely be sufficiently heavy to validate the sales platform's ability to handle the load. 

Regarding the 510s that were actually sold last week, my friend was able to complete his purchase and believe me when I say that he's not tech savvy enough to use a bot or any back door method. Like me, he has missed out on plenty of RLC sales over the past couple years. He simply got lucky this time!

Screenshot_20200621-082511.png

Share this comment