Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6/9 HWC Flash Sale Updates

Thank you for your continued support of Hot Wheels Collectors, and your love of the fastest metal cars in the world.

Our June 9 sale at HotWheelsCollectors.com of the RLC Exclusive '71 Datsun 510 clearly did not go the way we would have liked. We don’t want to make excuses for that; we just want to provide an explanation and keep you informed of what we’re working on toward improving that experience.

In our efforts to improve the sale experience, we recently transitioned to a new platform called Shopify. This was our first use of the new system, and – despite testing for what we could anticipate – there were still unforeseen technical nuances with the platform. We are updating the system and running additional rounds of validation to ensure the next sale is a better, more seamless experience.

Despite the difficulties we encountered during the sale, we're optimistic and strongly believe that our continued work behind the scenes will lead to the results we intended all along – to improve your experience with our sales.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support of HWC while we work hard behind the scenes to make this right.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hakopboy

Posted

Is the mustang still going to release on tuesday?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Nice! I love shopify! 😈 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Aragorn

Posted

Thanks for the update

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Tim hwhunter H.

Posted

Will the RLC members get updated info on perhaps unfamiliar directives that may be given during the sale? The reason I ask is the last sale was asking for us to enable cookies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

Dodgem340

Posted

I hope you are working with Shopify's tech team to make it seamless...and hope you are not just trying to figure it out on your own.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

DINOT1985

Posted

...gonna have to do better than that. Some level of compensatory goodwill is definitely is in order here to make up for all the other 'cluster F' sales we've been put through!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this comment

Have ALL of the orders that 'somehow' made it through been cancelled???  

The original message said sales would be honored but many were 'illicit' as your post from last year mentioned.  

So I assume there will be a message coming out about the cancellations sometime soon??? 

And 15000 Datsun's will be up for sale when the new sale date is announced???

Thank you

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this comment

Understandable that any new system will encounter teething issues however in this case, there was a great item on sale at stake which was deprived to a lot of genuine collectors. Issuing an apology is great and admirable but how is that of comfort to those many genuine collectors who felt cheated by the system and the “back “link” perhaps, this would the guys who were genuinely  successful, the sale Should have been null and void and commenced with a clean slate to place everyone in a level playing field, however this cannot be the case. Ah well, nobody can win em all.

• Like 6

Share this comment

kycarguy

Posted

I wasted almost an hour of my lunch at work to finally get nowhere. It would be nice if we could actually buy one when we try or work hard to purchase and can't because the website isn't working. Work a deal with Paypal or something.

• Like 8

Share this comment

SkylineGTRFreak

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, kycarguy said:

I wasted almost an hour of my lunch at work to finally get nowhere. It would be nice if we could actually buy one when we try or work hard to purchase and can't because the website isn't working. Work a deal with Paypal or something.

PayPal as an option here would be heaven, then I could stop using my GFs CC 😄 

Edited by SkylineGTRFreak
  • Like 3

Share this comment

QuinnPorsche

Posted

Can you give us a date when it will be for sell again? Hopefully not many were sold during the fraudulent portion of the sale the other day.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Ronnman83

Posted

Yes so many cars bought thru back door ........ all orders shouldn't be valid period!

• Like 3

Share this comment

Aerovette1

Posted

Thanks for communicating with us. I am still curious to hear the details of what happened as well as what will happen with the future sale. Please communicate more rather than holding back (unless this would jeopardize any investigation or improvements).

• Like 1

Share this comment

Aerovette1

Posted (edited)

Also could the membership receive information on which: devices, systems, and settings against which the e-commerce platform was tested? For those of us that have the option using something that has already been verified to work, would remove one variable from the performance equation.

Thanks

Edited by Aerovette1
  • Like 2

Share this comment

What about the bot purchases made 6/9 Are you canceling those orders and deleting those rlc accounts? 

Needs to be more understanding that people spend their hard earned money on a membership for a chance at a toy car. I've spoken to a supervisor who said Mattel cares about the collectabality value of rlc cars. I collect because I like that particular car.  I dont care about resale value. Me personally only people who care about resale value are reseller and resellers on evilbay.  Delete those cheating rlc accounts don't let those people get another one ever again. 

This will be the only way to protect the true collector's ability to purchase rlc cars. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, Rozekl said:

Have ALL of the orders that 'somehow' made it through been cancelled???  

The original message said sales would be honored but many were 'illicit' as your post from last year mentioned.  

So I assume there will be a message coming out about the cancellations sometime soon??? 

And 15000 Datsun's will be up for sale when the new sale date is announced???

Thank you

Not only were those orders not cancelled, some of he folks who got them with the secret link already received the car today:

They're laughing at us all over here.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Share this comment

Fastnugly

Posted

Is it possible to still join the Red Line Club & just not receive the skyline?

• Haha 1

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

Thanks for the update.

🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Share this comment

I'm stunned at the knowledge that the WHOLE sale was not cancelled, and by that I mean those apparent legitimate sales (cough - back door shoppers/non collectors) should NOT have had their items fulfilled and everyone should be able to have an equal chance at getting one of the 15000 next time round.

Can you guarantee that those persons who did get through and have now got their sole allowance of a single vehicle per RLC membership will not be able to get another one at the re-sale of thè remaining items in the future? I dont think you can, and that is not fair.

Imho

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

gpr1007@aol.com

Posted

When will we be able to get the car now ???

• Like 1

Share this comment

Really Crypt

Posted

Great cant wait for bots to take what’s left of them how many are left? I have seen a bunch on ebay. I love paying for a membership just do get nothing what a amazing experience.we wanted new  SERVERS not this this same thing will happen . From what i have heard about shopify they get lots of bots so gg

• Like 1

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

3 hours ago, Hakopboy said:

Is the mustang still going to release on tuesday?

the Mustang sale will be rescheduled. We do not have a new date for that yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

JFOOTE10

Posted

1 hour ago, ZIMBO7 said:

I'm stunned at the knowledge that the WHOLE sale was not cancelled, and by that I mean those apparent legitimate sales (cough - back door shoppers/non collectors) should NOT have had their items fulfilled and everyone should be able to have an equal chance at getting one of the 15000 next time round.

Can you guarantee that those persons who did get through and have now got their sole allowance of a single vehicle per RLC membership will not be able to get another one at the re-sale of thè remaining items in the future? I dont think you can, and that is not fair.

Imho

I don’t see another sale happening for these, I imagine the leftovers will just be saved for rewards 

• Like 2

Share this comment

dinocels

Posted

do they sell in the order of their number out of 15,000 because this pic with the 2 datsuns (510/240) says the 510 is 5,494/15,000

Share this comment