Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

33rd Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention

By Gary Barnum

You’re all set for the 33rd Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention in Los Angeles, right? It’s usually fun-in-the-sun at the West Coast gathering. Plenty of opportunity for those Hot Wheels to shine from October 2 to October 6.

What: 33rd Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention
When: Wednesday, October 2 – Sunday, October 6, 2019
Where: Marriott LAX – Los Angeles, CA
Info: Click here for more information

Make sure you hit the souvenir room when you get to the show. You’ll want to pick up all the commemorative edition Hot Wheels vehicles made especially for the Convention. We can’t show them all to you, but here are a couple of examples of what you do not want to miss:

GDF77_001?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
Custom ’62 Chevy® Pickup

GDF86_001?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
Nissan Skyline GT-R (BNR34)

Your Convention ticket offers you plenty of perks. Meet and greet other collectors – make new friends and visit old ones! Buy, sell, and swap Hot Wheels both rare and common from all eras. Other activities your ticket provides you access to include:

• Saturday Finale (Guest speaker and Q&A with Mattel, plus Finale car)
  • Children’s Activities (Scavenger Hunt, Custom Car Design, Coloring Contest, and more)
  • Downhill & Sizzlers Racing
  • Seminars (Customizing, Redlines Collecting, Variations)
  • Custom Car Contest
  • Autograph sessions (Mattel Hot Wheels staff, both former and current)
  • Room-to-room selling and trading
  • Sunday Hot Wheels Toy Show (Open to the public - over 75 vendor tables, autographs, raffles, and more)

There are also optional special events you’d hate to miss, but remember that you had to buy tickets separately for each of these sold-out events in advance:

• “50 Years of Hot Wheels Design with Larry Wood” Dinner – Thursday, October 3: He’s designed more beloved Hot Wheels vehicles than anyone else! Celebrate 50 years of his talent with Larry Wood. Dinner guests will receive a souvenir dinner car (produced by Mattel), T-shirt, pin, and more.
  • HWC Vending Machine: Packed with prizes, this machine yields treasures with every pull.

There are also additional events at the show (advance tickets required; visit Convention website for availability) which benefit Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles. Win or lose, you’re a winner just for generously participating:

• Button Bingo
  • No-Limit Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament
  • Hot Wheels Convention Mania Game

You can help even more when you help yourself to special Hot Wheels items at the Charity Auction during the show (no advance tickets required for this).

Bring your sunglasses, and be prepared for overwhelming fun!

This event is produced by Collectors Events Unlimited, LLC under license from Mattel.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

First unbelievable, I'll be there. looking forward to it.

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

That truck rocks, gotta get it for my collection.

Share this comment

Daniel Scott Schwab

Posted

We will be there, first convention for me that is hotwheels & not tattooing, looking forward to it , very exited!

Share this comment

Will there be a chance that the RCL members will have a chance to get these? Like the pink Corvette...

Share this comment

Will someone be kind enough to help me get the Chevy pickup truck(2) and maybe a t-shirt for my son and I. My sons b-day is on the 5th! We are located in the LA area for meet ups. Thanks all

Share this comment

Saw the Larry Woods Wrecker, A100, 55 Panel being offered as well. They are sharp Was hoping for a 1st Generation Camaro, but these aint bad

Share this comment

The Nissan Skylines are hot now. I believe if a 1:18 one come out,it would also be a HOTONE. One with NEO'S & one with RR. A red one to match the NEO's and one in (any other color) for the RR. They both will "" SELLOUT "". Ok let's get the ball rolling.
?????????????

Share this comment

Forgot to mention let these 2 BADBOYS be RLC EXCLUSIVES. Oh yeah !!!

Share this comment

"do not want to miss" ? Tickets have been sold out for months!

Share this comment

Sitting at airport enroute as we speak. Few more hours........Dinner Ramblin' Wrecker is totally bad***!!!

Share this comment

Those convention vehicles are both awesome. ?

Share this comment

Love that 62 pick up. To bad I can't go and get one. Guess I have to over pay for one on e pay.

Share this comment

I will get mine on eBay. Truck is sweet.

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

I found an online seller as well for the truck, there was no way for me to be there and it was a fair price considering the fack they're doing all the work.

Share this comment

Couldn't go have to give my daughter away at her wedding Oct. 5 but 62 Chevy is awesome.

Share this comment

"DoNT WaNnA MiSs iT " sold out since last year!

Share this comment

How can I add them to the shopping cart or how to place my orders?

Share this comment

I have two Trucks. One with a patch and one without. Email me...ptsd83@gmail.com

Share this comment