Mattel Hot Wheels Community

2021 Target Red Editions: First Two Mixes!

By Gary Barnum

There are several words for “red” – crimson, scarlet, cherry… Red or not, these releases are certainly cherry! Here’s your first look at the 2021 Target-exclusive Hot Wheels Red Edition mini collection vehicles.

Reach for each three in our mixes D and H as outlined in the Checklist below. There will be a total of 12 Red Editions in all for 2021, and we’ll tell you about the second two mixes later. Start now; you don’t want any black holes in your red collection.

GTD49_001.jpg Toyota Off-Road Truck
GTD51_001.jpg ’32 Ford
GTD50_001.jpg Triumph TR6

(Click here for more images!)  

2021 Target Red Editions Mix D Checklist:

• ’32 Ford
  • Toyota Off-Road Truck
  • Triumph TR6

2021 Target Red Editions Mix H Checklist:

• ’70 Dodge Power Wagon
  • Corvette® C8.R
  • Kool Kombi

Ram, Dodge and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2020 FCA US LLC.
The BMW logo and the BMW wordmark are Trademarks of BMW AG and are used under license.

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

HWC Staff
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Davidstingray

Posted

SWEET, Love the Red Editions, just tough to find them!

• Like 1
2021 dodo

Posted

i know a place in crete called closet collectibles that sells new and old stuff.and they get walmart and target exclusive cars!

• Like 2
1.EYED.JACK

Posted

How interesting that the 32 Ford got a different tampo execution for the same game.

• Like 1

Those new target exclusive red edition cars coming out are all awesome. 👍I will be on the hunt for all of those and I can't wait to add all of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

JIMMEE442

Posted

I do like the Reds, but seldom find them... even when my wife "lived" in Target!  

She no longer works a mile from the store; I wonder how much $ we now save? lol

M D Legaspi

Posted (edited)

I know exactly what Gary means about having a "black hole" in my Red Edition collection. I have seven of them in my 2019. As luck would have it, I just completed my 2020 Red Editions on January 9th 2021. So bring on the 2021 REDs, as I am ready for the hunt. Who knows what else I might find while in search for these RED's.

See my 2020 Red Edition story below.

Edited by M D Legaspi

Congrats for completing the 2020 target exclusive red editions congrats. 👍I have every red edition car that has come out so far since they started doing them.👍

• Like 1
FOTOSTAFFER

Posted

another kombi..awesome. another $30 car in a few tears

• Like 1
WHEELYGREEN21

Posted

I have been collecting these since they first came out. A nice variety of cars with relatively few fantasy vehicles and it looks like 2021 will not disappoint!

• Like 1

Any idea if they will be sold internationally?

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

2 hours ago, cvalero said:

Any idea if they will be sold internationally?

I wouldn't count on it. They've never been available in international assortments before.

• Sad 1

No as in this is exclusive toward USA only.  International sales are restricted upon that they abide by Mattel’s handling of product such as International cards via neighboring countries such as Canada & Mexico, receives product shipment of ( assorted displays/cases types ) such as they get to see the 2021 First to market Cases & cars before it hits the shelves into the United States.  

For example, certain name brands of stores and country regulations of product that is licensed to Mattel, non disclosure/permitted to its reasons are as of the following LLC & its brands that are associated within w/rules and regulations.  By no means am I here to scare anyone, I’m just more insecure according to the handling of the pressure of employees & current news that changed or changes within. 

On 1/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, jj1368 said:

Hey, does anyone know when the date in which they accept new RLC Club members is?

It’s usually around early to mid-February. They should be making an announcement soon.

I got as many as I could in 2020, however am still missing the last three, and the first one. Are you guys that are getting the complete set finding them at your Target, or are you hunting them down by other means?