Mattel Hot Wheels Community

2021 HW Animation Character Cars Mix 1: Nickelodeon!

By Gary Barnum

Launching nationwide on April Fool’s Day in 1979, Nickelodeon became the first cable channel aimed at kids. Since then, the channel has not only spawned spinoff channels, but it has consistently raised generations of kids on fun and exciting animated programs – some original, and some based on properties which came with their own fan bases.

Hot Wheels honors some of Nickelodeon’s greatest stars with our first mix of Animation Character cars for 2021. You like to watch them – now you can collect them!

Rugrats debuted in 1991, following the outrageous exploits of a group of imaginative toddlers. Winning numerous awards, the show is slated for new episodes in 2021.

SpongeBob SquarePants premiered in 1999 and soaked up a massive audience of all ages. It continues to absorb fans as the universe expands beyond the pineapple under the sea.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles began as a comic, moved into television cartoons, and found a home on Nickelodeon in 2010, with a Nickelodeon-original series beginning in 2012. TMNT has even been made into live-action films.

GRM53.png Rugrats – Chuckie (New casting!)

GRM54.png Rugrats – Reptar (New casting!)

GRM52.png Rugrats – Tommy (New casting!)

GYB12.png SpongeBob SquarePants –
SpongeBob SquarePants™

GYB13.png SpongeBob SquarePants –
Patrick™

GYB11.png Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Leonardo

GYB10.png Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Michelangelo

HW Animation Character Cars Mix 1 – Nickelodeon Checklist:

• Rugrats – Chuckie (New casting!)
  • Rugrats – Reptar (New casting!)
  • Rugrats – Tommy (New casting!)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants – Patrick™
  • SpongeBob SquarePants – SpongeBob SquarePants™
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Leonardo
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Michelangelo

©2021 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. Nickelodeon, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.
©2021 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. Nickelodeon, Spongebob Squarepants, and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Created by Stephen Hillenburg.
©2021 Viacom International Inc. Nickelodeon, Rugrats, and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

HWC Staff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

P.U.....looks like Tommy has a loaded diaper!!!  Hot wheels forgot to do their mommy duties before releasing their Rugrats set.

Reptar has an obvious CHOKING HAZARD in the package, what were you thinking HW?, putting that plastic rattle in there?? Where's the giant Warning label on the front of the card??

SAMACE26

Posted (edited)

Those new rugrats character cars are all awesome. 👍I will be on the hunt for all 3 of those and I can't wait to add all 3 of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍The spongebob squarepants character cars and the teenage mutant ninja turtle's character cars I already have those in my hotwheels collection. 👍

Edited by SAMACE26
Davidstingray

Posted

Great card art!  Very nice looking set.

Just thinking about the new year and realized 2021 is this century's drinking age so I hope that isn't a bad omen. 

Have a good one everyone!!

2021 dodo

Posted

i don't have any of these so i guess i'll get them. also that tommy truck is disgusting. that better be dirt in the back. i hope hot wheels doesn't become another one of those "He He He FuNnY pOoPy FaRt XD" kinda toys. cuz like every kids toy nowadays is fart related.

GBELL210

Posted (edited)

On 12/24/2020 at 4:58 AM, GotGoat1967 said:

Reptar has an obvious CHOKING HAZARD in the package, what were you thinking HW?, putting that plastic rattle in there?? Where's the giant Warning label on the front of the card??

The rattle appears to be attached at two points on the green fin of the Car... I’m not seeing a hazard when you zoom into the picture.

Edited by GBELL210
  • Like 1
CrazyDaytona666

Posted

i don't like the rugrats tommy car. the decision to have the diaper full is something bound to go down in history as a short-lived poor design, and will only become collectable due to its rarity.