Jump to content
Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 Flying Customs Mix 2 at Target

By Gary Barnum

 

Sometimes what was old becomes new again! A sweet old-school styling makes these Hot Wheels editions stand out in the world of today. Our 2020 Flying Customs mix 2 releases are exclusive to Target stores.

 

Leaning into a retro deco, these eight castings burst onto the modern scene. We know you won’t overlook the slick representational illustration specific to each vehicle on the blister cards. Don’t let them slip into your past!

 

GJX09.png ’67 Chevy® C10

 

GJX02.png ’70 Ford Torino

 

GJX07.png ’96 Nissan 180SX Type X

 

GJX06.png 2015 Ford Mustang GT

 

GJX04.png Blvd. Bruiser

 

GJX08.png Custom V-8 Vega

 

GJX03.png Mini Cooper S Challenge

 

GJX05.png Volkswagen Caddy

 

 

Target Flying Customs Mix 2 Checklist

  • ’67 Chevy® C10
  • ’70 Ford Torino
  • ’96 Nissan 180SX Type X
  • 2015 Ford Mustang GT
  • Blvd. Bruiser
  • Custom V-8 Vega
  • Mini Cooper S Challenge
  • Volkswagen Caddy

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

Target Flying Customs Mix 1 Checklist (RELEASED EARLIER)

  • ’57 T-Bird
  • ’68 Nova™
  • ’71 Datsun 510
  • ’13 COPO Camaro®
  • Audacious
  • Custom ’69 Volkswagen Squareback
  • Custom ’72 Chevy® LUV™
  • Nissan Skyline RS (KDR30)

 

 

The MINI logo and the MINI wordmark are trademarks of BMW AG and are used under License.

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

 

 

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 1


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



these are awesome BUT I still havent found the first set!!  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
222HOTGP

Posted

I wish there was something exclusive to stores out of the US.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
dolphin1

Posted

Still haven't seen mix 1

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
THIS GUY

Posted

Nice set, love the concept. But, you guys need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot with that one unlicensed casting. These aren't mainlines for kids. These are for the older collectors with more refined tastes. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhh another set I won’t see. 

  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am new here. Where are these sets available? Are they available at the Store section, by any chance?

  • Confused 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
SAMACE26

Posted

Those new flying customs cars and trucks are all awesome. 👍I will be checking one of my targets this Friday for those and I can't wait to bring them home and add them to my hotwheels collection. 👍

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Sugarcaddi

Posted

I like that V8 VEGA definitely getting me one those .

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
HOTWHEELSBOY61

Posted

Our local Targets have taken all mainlines off of the pegs. Been empty for weeks. I guess it's a Covid germ thing.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
WINNER11

Posted (edited)

I just found Mix 1 yesterday! Very happy! Took forever though! One thing that I can also be grateful for is the heads up before they show up with this new Mix 2! Thank you, Gary. I am still grateful for any news that may come after the fact just the same. Mix 2 is another fine set!

Edited by WINNER11
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
BIGEASYSAINT

Posted

The local Target has never gotten Mix 1; however, a couple weeks ago I drove to the next closest Target and picked up the whole set of Mix 1.

 

Yesterday I drove to a Target I haven't been to for several months (35-40 minute drive each way) in hopes of finding the VW Fastback promotional  bin. They had just received 2 cases of the Flying Customs Mix 1 (their first), even though they still had about 20 of the peg warmer from the Throwback set.  Today I drove to the Target where I found Mix 1, about a 25-minute drive each way, again in hopes of finding the VW Fastback promotional bin. They had just received another case of Mix 1; they've had at least 6 cases of Mix 1, maybe more. Both had the bins but wouldn't put them out bc their "set date" is next week.

 

At least I know I can start looking for Mix 2 when they restock.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
JOECRR

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, THIS GUY said:

Nice set, love the concept. But, you guys need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot with that one unlicensed casting. These aren't mainlines for kids. These are for the older collectors with more refined tastes. 

LOL!!! 

If that was the case, then why adults also collect the mainline cars if they are meant for children? Anyhow, this set is not even meant specifically for adult collectors. Sets like these need to have variety so it gets a broader range of people to purchase. It's all marketing buddy, that way the consumers are not limited to just "collectors". 

Edited by JOECRR
  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1steditionman

Posted

Mix 1 is in my local Target (Central California). Lovely castings!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Drpsnwbrdr

Posted

4 hours ago, HOTWHEELSBOY61 said:

Our local Targets have taken all mainlines off of the pegs. Been empty for weeks. I guess it's a Covid germ thing.

Maybe or maybe not, last year, I knew a target out of the 5-7 in my immediate area and a little further, this one is a good 40-45 min drive that I rarely take, why? Because that is my friend’s area.

I also rarely go because you can go completely randomly and there will be like 5 total mainlines, that’s it, the pegs looked like the bleach isle at the beginning of the global shut down.

 

I asked an employee what’s the deal, he claims they have “collectors.” But we have other targets to compare and they are never that bare. My collector friend says the nasty collector that threaten him before, has the employee hook up there (which sorta explains the completely bare pegs that are like that year around,) and I’ve meet this particular reseller as he tried to hock his items another friend saw him talking to another guy that was trying to start a fight with some one else (karma I actually found a super minutes before him) at a grocery store near me (so this is his day job to go around asking everyday) didn’t even give me his real name. But he was honest about “not trusting anyone.”

 

My other local target, has a employee that admitted he was a collector, and that was why that target was the only one getting stuff during the closure, but explains why I can find the 2nd best of a series, but never the most wanted. And all these fresh cases beginning of the year, nothing, just one fantasy ID.

 

Wish there was some Mattel hot line a collector could call to squash these little advantages/perks that allow these employees/reseller’ “luck” to flourish, while leaving the majority thinking they were only minutes too late (when the sad truth is they really didn’t have a chance.)

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
ECCHOPPER

Posted

Mix 1 just got put out at one local Target.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
ECCHOPPER

Posted

6 hours ago, BiKrAm said:

I am new here. Where are these sets available? Are they available at the Store section, by any chance?

See the part where it says

2020 Flying Customs Mix 2 at Target

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
HOTWHEELSBOY61

Posted

1 hour ago, Drpsnwbrdr said:

Maybe or maybe not, last year, I knew a target out of the 5-7 in my immediate area and a little further, this one is a good 40-45 min drive that I rarely take, why? Because that is my friend’s area.

I also rarely go because you can go completely randomly and there will be like 5 total mainlines, that’s it, the pegs looked like the bleach isle at the beginning of the global shut down.

 

I asked an employee what’s the deal, he claims they have “collectors.” But we have other targets to compare and they are never that bare. My collector friend says the nasty collector that threaten him before, has the employee hook up there (which sorta explains the completely bare pegs that are like that year around,) and I’ve meet this particular reseller as he tried to hock his items another friend saw him talking to another guy that was trying to start a fight with some one else (karma I actually found a super minutes before him) at a grocery store near me (so this is his day job to go around asking everyday) didn’t even give me his real name. But he was honest about “not trusting anyone.”

 

My other local target, has a employee that admitted he was a collector, and that was why that target was the only one getting stuff during the closure, but explains why I can find the 2nd best of a series, but never the most wanted. And all these fresh cases beginning of the year, nothing, just one fantasy ID.

 

Wish there was some Mattel hot line a collector could call to squash these little advantages/perks that allow these employees/reseller’ “luck” to flourish, while leaving the majority thinking they were only minutes too late (when the sad truth is they really didn’t have a chance.)

Yep....I've seen this. More at Walmart than at Target, but I am sure it happens there too. It's one of the things that has driven me away from the collecting of mainlines. Just some weird folks out there that DO make this their "day job." I was at Walmart years ago and some guy was going through the dump bin looking for a particular casting. He had about 12 of the same casting. I strolled over to the bin and found the same casting...as I wanted it. Just ONE! He went ballistic that I had found this before he grabbed his 13th casting. He kind of looked like "Comic book Guy" from the Simpsons!! I just laughed and walked away!

  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
THIS GUY

Posted

3 hours ago, JOECRR said:

LOL!!! 

If that was the case, then why adults also collect the mainline cars if they are meant for children? Anyhow, this set is not even meant specifically for adult collectors. Sets like these need to have variety so it gets a broader range of people to purchase. It's all marketing buddy, that way the consumers are not limited to just "collectors". 

I get marketing. Put your products in as many hands as possible is the idea. That being said how many of these mini sets do you see that one casting hanging around forever? And yeah I do believe this is aimed at adults. When's the last time you talked to a kid that knew what a Vega was?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow mattel is on top of things !! Release 1 just now is hitting stores (target) and I was curious what mix 2 would look like and BAM , updated on the HWC main page!!  I just bought 2 cases of mix 1 but only will get 1 set of mix 2 , not alot of castings i collect except for the trucks and the torino the rest are just OK, and i agree another fantasy casting showing up just like the audacious in mix 1...... bummer 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am still looking for mix 1 too 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
ZEROTHEWANDERER

Posted

Found half of wave 1 for the first time a few days ago, was weird finding no squarebacks but 2 R30s. Also needed a couple 510s for my out of country friend. This second wave carries less desire for me, but I will absolutely be getting a Caddy and a couple of the Coopers.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
GHOSTWORXX

Posted

They are all cool but I REALLY like that Blvd. Bruiser. That retro deco is sweet!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
JIMMEE442

Posted (edited)

i like them ...

found ZERO so far!

Edited by JIMMEE442

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
BARTMAN

Posted

Ah, and when do you expect mix one to be in Target stores?  July, August...and mix two must be Sept. or Oct...good grief...

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...