Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

2019 RLC sELECTIONs ’55 Chevy® Gasser Offer

blog-header_HWC-Flash-Sale-GDF87_v2?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=850&resMode=sharp2

By Gary Barnum

Sometimes a Gasser and a Dirty Blonde just go together. RLC members chose the popular ’55 Chevy® Gasser for this year’s RLC sELECTIONs edition. And with the new Spectraflame color—bright yellow—this is a hot one! Pre-order yours beginning June 11, 2019.

Members chose the new color over the competing colors, so this is the first designated use of Spectraflame bright yellow. Also chosen were Real Riders wheels, including cheater slick tires on the rear. We wouldn’t say it’s banana colored, but it certainly has appeal!

You do have to be a Red Line Club member to purchase this edition. If you want a chance to grab one up, there are still some memberships available. Join the Red Line Club today!

GDF87_right_v2?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&resMode=sharp2

GDF87_left_v2?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&resMode=sharp2
GDF87_front_v2?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=300&resMode=sharp2
GDF87_back_v2?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=300&resMode=sharp2
GDF87_top_v2?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&resMode=sharp2

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame bright yellow
  • Deco: Pearl white roof, "Dirty Blonde" and authentic sponsor logos on sides and rear
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Front: Real Riders Pro-stock wheels; Rear: Real Riders Drag slick wheels w/ cheater slick tires and Goodyear tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, full-metal, chrome-plated ZAMAC chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Silver VUM engine w/ Matte black-painted interior

Packaging and Quantities:

• Packed in a Hot Wheels Kar Keepers case
  • Individually numbered sticker (xxxx/quantity of orders received during the Priority Window)

Availability:

• RLC One-week Priority Window opens: 6/11/19 at 9 a.m. PT
  • Offer closes: 6/17/19 at 9 p.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $19.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • RLC members only during the Priority Window
  • Rewards Points for RLC Members (per purchase): 20
  • No purchase limits
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

eulisesg08

Posted

Should have gone with a Taxi theme.

Share this comment

HWClams

Posted

I'm very disappointed in this years voting. The sneaky quick poll that popped up was extremely unfair to all the people/members and voters who were understanding that the voting was over and we're no longer checking into the selections polls thread. I'm sure the final product will be nice for Van always does a great job but Dirty Blonde means absolutely nothing.

Share this comment

HUNTNDOG

Posted

My guess is this will be the most produced selections car...people hoping it will go the way of the Candy Striper...

Share this comment

SHOMEDUDE

Posted

Should have had mooneyes! Oh well.

Share this comment

One only has to look at last year's sELECTIONs Datsun to know that high production numbers kill secondary market values. If the Nationals/Convention Gassers (and I know they're not the level of quality that HWC offers) can't come close in value to the Striper, this one won't either

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

Totally agree downvote.....I bet this one has a bit lower production than the Datsun. The Datsun prices sunk once so many were put up on eBay. So many of the people who bought dozens last time, I doubt they will do so again.

Share this comment

Guest 148762

Posted

Really like this one, but the wheels ??? why oh why did people choose the same old wheel for this one too ?? Oh my. . . .

Share this comment

REDBARON1818

Posted

AWSOME! Great job guys!! Can't wait to to see a real pic of this! I just hope there will be more produced. GREAT NAME!! BIG THUMBS UP ON THIS ONE!!!

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

Wow!! What a Beauty. We are going to get 20 points per car,also. Now that is so ?. Thanks Van. I wish Mooneyes were on this BADGIRL. Oh,well I am still ordering a few. The points is what may push this BADGIRL over the top. Thanks all.
????????

Share this comment

Shift31

Posted

Love it! Is there an order limit?

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

Nope....can order as many as you like....

Share this comment

JAMHOLL

Posted

Looks great and love the color detail on the pipes. The haters are just too literal.

Share this comment

NIVLEM31

Posted

rewards points 20? first time that we have rewards points forthe selection cars if im not mistaken

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted

I noticed that they are distancing themselves from the lemony goodness we were promised during voting. I hope there are no problems with the paint. Would be a shame if our new lemon yellow turned into second banana.

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

It looks great, I'll be looking forward to getting one....or two.....or......

Share this comment

GALANSR

Posted

scalpers ruin everything used to be for fun now its for money

Share this comment

David_Mau

Posted

Q: What do you think? A: I can't wait to place my order is what I think!

Share this comment

BWBYER

Posted

Not a huge fan of the 'Dirty Blonde' theme but will be ordering one for sure. It WILL be a bad a$$ car!

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

Wow that redline club selections 1955 Chevy bel air gasser is awesome. ?My best friend will be getting one. ?

Share this comment

Guest 87576576

Posted

I'm loving the color and name, and so thankful that it's not a taxi theme. I'll be getting a few. My son loves Gassers so he'll be all over this one.

Share this comment

Guest 568967

Posted

not loving the deco. can see all the feminist groups getting nuts.

Share this comment

Moparfanatic

Posted

To DOWNVOTEISOVERTHERE......just what does the secondary market have to do with this or any other release have to do with it?? I mean really I thought the entire reason to be a member 1st and foremost was to have chances to get stuff you cant just go buy at the local Wally World or other mass market retailer and then if you throw down for a few extra you can turn a little profit either to pay for your haul or a few extra duckies in the ole' pocket is cool but that should not be your 1st consideration when theres a new release coming down the pike!! I'm always pretty stoked if I can at least get a pair of the cooler releases (one to open and one to put away) and with an unlimited purchase amount on this one you can drop a few extra bucks to do like what I mentioned in the last sentence but the idea that guys are lining up simply to sell them in the aftermarket........that's totally against why you should be a member let alone is a big reason why the hobby is starting to become diluted with visions of big bucks and not to collect "the Coolest Cars on the Planet"!!! Maybe you should reconsider why you're a club member and just possibly think about going to another venue if the cars arent "doin' it" for ya'!!!! Pretty sad when they post these items and the very 1st comments are stuff like "awe darn it, I'm not gonna make a bunch of money because the secondary market won't be jazzed about "ANOTHER GASSER"??? I for one am super stoked to order mine the minute the window opens up so I can set back and get ready for the day it'll be showing up to add yet another awesome car to my vast collection of "the Coolest Cars in the World"!!!!! Great looking car, love the moniker on the doors and all the other fantastic details!!!! I'm also really jazzed about the next release coming up later this month.......the orange Willy's Gasser, I'm hoping they wont be limited to just one per member but I'll keep my fingers crossed in the meantime on that!!!! Awesome car guys!!!!

Share this comment

_megatron_

Posted

So this is going to be this months sale?
Then its wait another two months for something good huh?

Share this comment

Looks great to me—will be ordering at least two of them.

Share this comment

RUSSELL7766@GMAIL.COM

Posted

All you rookie collectors this is a must have and Don't sleep on the gasser there very popular and if you Don't order any your loss big time

Share this comment