Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

2019 Hot Wheels Legends Tour Hits the Road!

HWC-Legends-Tour-News_Blog-Header_v3?&fmt=jpg&qlt=85&wid=850&resMode=sharp2

By Gary Barnum

The Hot Wheels Legends Tour, a nationwide traveling car show, launched in 2018 in partnership with Walmart, was a full-throttle success! Hot Wheels will be on the road again in 2019, and we’re looking for another mind-blowing 1:1 custom car worthy of being one of our world-renowned die-cast editions!

At each stop, fans will show off their unique custom builds to a panel of judges, which consists of members of the Hot Wheels design team, automotive experts and promoters, and Walmart Store Managers. Based on the criteria of authenticity, creativity, and garage spirit, these judges will select one finalist.

At the end of the tour, one finalist from each of the 18 stops will win a trip to the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, where their custom creations will be judged side-by-side to determine which one will become a Hot Wheels 1:64 casting.

Between stops, Hot Wheels will keep the fun rolling with a custom “vending machine + play” truck. They will appear at over 75 additional Walmart stores so fans of all ages have a chance to get their hands on their own Hot Wheels toys and exclusive merchandise. Will there be Collector Edition Legends Tour releases? Yes! Two, in fact:

FYH02_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400& resMode=sharp2
Dairy Delivery

FYH03_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400& resMode=sharp2
Chevy® Silverado™ Off-Road

These two items will be some of the exciting merchandise in the vending machine, so you may receive other items. Note that, in order to get a pull at the vending machine, you will be required to spend $20 (before tax) on any mix of Hot Wheels, Mechanix, Dickies, and/or Mobil 1.

Outside of the vending machine, another special Hot Wheels edition will be available to buy for $20. Watch for the beautiful Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary limited edition ’71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon in green. This will only be available at the vending truck!

GDV15_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400& resMode=sharp2
’71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon

Visit Walmart.com/hotwheelslegends and Hot Wheels Instagram for where the vending truck is going to be next!

This ultimate tour kicked-off in Miami on March 16th and will make 18 stops at Walmart stores across the US (get full Hot Wheels Legends Tour details here):

March 16:

Miami, FL
March 30:

Houston, TX
April 27:

Atlanta, GA
May 11:

Bentonville, AR (POSTPONED)
May 18:

El Segundo, CA/Hot Wheels HQ
May 25:

Charlotte, NC
June 1:

Philadelphia, PA
June 15:

New York, NY
June 29:

Detroit, MI
July 13:

Chicago, IL
July 27:

St. Louis, MO
August 3:

Dallas, TX
August 10:

Denver, CO
August 24:

Seattle, WA
September 7:

Phoenix, AZ
September 21:

San Jose, CA
October 5:

San Diego, CA
October 19:

Los Angeles, CA

International stops will be announced later in 2019, too!

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Guest 432658

Posted

Big cities, with big names = BIG BUCKS! To bad for us "puny" cities who aren't worth stopping at. I guess a population of 80,000 is just not enough!

Share this comment

WINNER11

Posted

Sounds like fun!

Share this comment

Jimcap1572370456

Posted

No where in Nashville TN this year?

Share this comment

Slyclone

Posted

Coming to PA soon. Super stoked.

Share this comment

ADAMHAMRICK2012

Posted

The North Carolina show is in Hickory, not Charlotte.

Share this comment

GotGoat1967

Posted

Amazingly that list is an exact match of Cities I have Never been to Nor would ever step foot in for ANY reason!

Share this comment

Rkirch

Posted

Where is a list of just vending truck stops???? I may be near and and not know the zip code.

Share this comment

DOCVETMANUEL1572372989

Posted

always the same location. like no other location has collectors,,>:(

Share this comment

Philbeck1

Posted

Only a 30 minute drive for me Saturday cant wait

Share this comment

rolandup2000

Posted

SOOOOOOO Exciting, I can't wait.

Share this comment

ADAMMODIC27

Posted

Cleveland, Ohio

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

I won't be able to get any of these because the hotwheels legends tour won't be coming to any of the Walmart's in my area. If you guys have the legends tour again next year please come to the Syracuse New York area please. So I can go to the hotwheels legends tour.

Share this comment

blackgarage

Posted

The El Segundo event was 100% awesome, I did stand in line for 3 hours to get a 510, I needed one more hour to hit the parking lot sale, which I missed out on. If the tour happens next year I will have the night off before the event!

Share this comment

EDSTROM

Posted

Thought they were stopping in oregon

Share this comment

XANAYOSHI

Posted

Scared of New England? I get that you guys are never in California so 3 stops in SoCal makes sense, but when you collect and watch everything arrive on West Coast and slowly make its way East, it makes sense to make sure we also never get any love with conventions or these tours.

Share this comment

DASPOTTER

Posted

No OKC? What!!!!!

Share this comment

GFSELDERS@YAHOO.COM

Posted

Big surprise no where near my town...oh wait most will get taken by scalpers anyway and end up on eBay oopps I forgot srry

Share this comment

COLDTIRES

Posted

Never see you guys in the Tampa Bay area. There are alot of collectors out here!
A legends tour stop of even southeast convention would be very well received!

Share this comment

Couldn't pass thru New Orleans from Houston to Atlanta? Or Baton Rouge?

Share this comment

PASSIONPRINCESS

Posted

Way to alienate collectors not in those cities. Making it easier to stop buying your stuff each day.

Share this comment

ROLANDG

Posted

Missed the vending truck in my area last month. Wish this info was shared earlier!!

Share this comment

i love how the collectors are getting screwed out of these cars again. those 2 zamacs were suppose to be mail ins. now all of us that this tour does not hit will not get a shot unless it is though the secondary market. thanks once again for that.

Share this comment

SUPER_T_HUNTS

Posted

Wow not one TN stop? Nashville? Knoxville? Memphis? Chattanooga? You would think maybe Coker could pull some car show folks to town. Then again maybe the Hot Wheels legends tour organizers have never heard of Coker Tire.. Corky has just a few nice cars.. and that is just one TN city. Thanks Hot Wheels. Guess I will go pay 100 bucks for a green Jun datsun on ebay and I will look at the pictures from other cities that have more pull?

Share this comment

faulk73

Posted

Any info on who the celebrity judges will be in Charlotte?

Share this comment

dizzygti

Posted

Two months after the first stop, this gets posted. Good job for being proactive!

Share this comment