Mattel Hot Wheels Community

Special HW Cases at GameStop Stores or Online!

By Gary Barnum

We know you love our special cases of Hot Wheels with Exclusive Variations and First-To-Market releases. And we’ve got a mix for you at GameStop! It’s a win/win when you order online or visit your local GameStop store to pick up your cases.

If you can't make it to a GameStop location and/or want to get a jump on these, you'll find these cases available online at GameStop.com beginning 11/28.

Up to four variations exclusive to GameStop will be in these cases. The first appearance of up to three editions will also be included. Here’s the checklist of those editions to look for in these cases:

Exclusive Color Variations:

• 2018 Bentley Continental GT3 (Blue)
  • 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500® (Dark red)
  • Big-Air® Bel-Air™ (Gold)
  • Porsche 914 Safari (Blue)

GTD37.png

2018 Bentley Continental GT3 (Blue)

GTD38.png

2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500® (Dark red)

GTD39.png

Big-Air® Bel-Air™ (Gold)

GTD36.png

Porsche 914 Safari (Blue)

First-to-Market:

• 2016 Ford GT Race (HW Speed Graphics)
  • ’17 Lamborghini Urus (Factory Fresh)
  • The Batman™ Batmobile™ (Batman™)

Want to pick up your own Hot Wheels 2020 Collector Edition '60s Ford Econoline Pickup? These cases are a great way to start with at least 20 Hot Wheels vehicles toward participating in the mail-in promotion!

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type. Product subject to availability.
BATMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s20)

HWC Staff
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

25 minutes ago, Davidstingray said:

Just order one even though it doesn't tell how many.  I bet its a 24 count case now with the price going from $46 to $39 and not the 36 count half case like last year.  This way they get three mini cases per single case instead of two.

We will just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm only in it for the Econoline anyway and $39 isn't going to break the bank around here. 

Have a great Sunday Everyone! 

The 2020 official rules state that cars can be from assortment GPF39, which also matches the GameStop 36 count case code from 2019.  The new 39.99 could be that Mattel/GameStop took collectors input from last years promo.  Still makes them 1.11 each, which is still 10% higher than other 3 promo partners from this year, but none of them offer online cases.  So if ordered 1 case you have 100% chance of getting everything, verse going to a store with 95% chance of getting nothing.

• Like 1

Just picked up a case a my local store. The manager told me they only got the one case. It was in fact  a 36 count case. No TH, but still excited to get the exclusives and some other 2021 cars. Not sure why people are complaining about paying a little more. This is a super cheap hobby, even if I had to pay $1.29/car.

hit 2 local gamestops today and racked up! got all the exclusives, plenty of b and c case new cars, and afew treasure hunts from the b case.

How do you tell which case you have? I have one with a number that ends in "BA". Is that an A case or B case?

On 12/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, Thomasonry said:

Anybody find a GT  at GameStop today ? I could sure use one

I found a GT today, but my 10 year old won't allow me to let it go. It was in a case marked 9787BA if that helps. 

• Like 1
Davidstingray

Posted

Guess we wait and see now. 

I got an email warning about possible delayed holiday shipping, but the order is confirmed.  Just about have everything ready for the Econoline mailing tomorrow.  

I have about 14, or 15 cards, so it is going to be ripping time for 5, or 6 unlucky rides hibernating in their bubbles with bent or creased cards.  Too many duplicates so is not a difficult task.

With the Econoline I have all 6 purple "special" cars for this year.  Party on, safely, everyone!!

• Like 2

I order a case from Gamestop. VERY DISSATISFIED. My case had 1 shelby and 1 bentley but no bel air or porsche exclusive. They case had 4 each of the road bandit and hi-roller so these are clearly tampered with and swapped out

20201211_124126.jpg

20201211_124224.jpg

• Sad 2
On 12/4/2020 at 1:02 PM, HWCGary said:

Sorry everyone. No mention of the event because it's called off.  Cases should still be available (if not now, at some point -- keep checking. We're also asking on our end.)

I just received my GameStop.com order. Ordered 3 cases and they only sent me 3 cars! I heard this happened to others too. I called GameStop and they are looking into it but have no information on the event or item. Any thing mattel or hot wheels can do to help facilitate this process?

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

5 hours ago, LEO_G17 said:

I order a case from Gamestop. VERY DISSATISFIED. My case had 1 shelby and 1 bentley but no bel air or porsche exclusive. They case had 4 each of the road bandit and hi-roller so these are clearly tampered with and swapped out

Please see the article statement: "Up to four variations exclusive to GameStop will be in these cases."

I just received my GameStop.com order. Ordered 3 cases and they only sent me 3 cars! I heard this happened to others too. I called GameStop and they are looking into it but have no information on the event or item. Any thing mattel or hot wheels can do to help facilitate this process?

Just received my box. No STH but I did get a TH and an error. I got a Jaguar in one of the Urus packages.

B22E0B70-4C44-4833-8A89-564C4035C62E.jpeg

• Like 2

Those recolors look fantastic. Especially the Big Air Bel Air. I also wish there was some other way to get them than through Game Stop orders. I've seen a couple of Gamestop case unboxings and both are missing the Bel Air. Also one even had 5 Power Wagons. That is uncalled for. BTW I did find one of the coolest errors for case B. A Porsche Carrera migrating to Matchbox. I'll post a pic soon enough.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:49 PM, LEO_G17 said:

20201211_124126.jpg

20201211_124224.jpg

i can't even describe how angry that image makes me

fomoco@chartertn.net

Posted

Even Lamley got a jacked up case! GAMESTOP IS A RIPOFF!

Just got my case and am pretty satisfied.  Didn't get the Mustang, but did get (1) Porsche, (3) Bel Air's and (3) Bentley's.  Also, got (1) Urus and (2) Ford GT's.  All in all, pretty decent, especially since it states that there will be up to four variations  and up to three first to markets.  I was expecting worse based on previous comments.16087604420142566242618386892998.thumb.jpg.d07f555610d7dff0caff000540c2159d.jpg

I ordered 2 of the gamestop cases and I read the horror stories of missing cars or only shipped one cars for the price.  I checked the shipping info to make sure it had the weight.  It arrived today.  I assumes I would cut open the box and find to sealed cases as this is what was offered on gamestop.  What I got was opening the box was cars not interior mattel boxes, just a shipping box with cars thrown in it and I might add 70 cars totals for 2 cases when they are sold as 32p cases (32 cars) so I am short 4 cars and all opened and obviously gone thru.  Bummed, I don't recommend buying from gamestop in the future.  When I was at the store making the purchase in order to get a receipt the manager told me he has had customers say they only got one car for the 39.99 and Gamestop has been giving them the runaround.