Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition Custom ’77 Dodge Van at the Kroger Family of Stores!

By Gary Barnum

This Hot Wheels Collector Edition Custom ’77 Dodge Van is a big beauty! To participate in our next mail-in promotion, purchase 20 Hot Wheels cars from participating Kroger Family of Stores locations and/or Kroger.com from 10/4/20 to 12/12/20.

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo, and “5” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels with red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

GJJ80_C_20_001_600x434.png

GJJ80_C_20_002_600x434.png

GJJ80_C_20_003_600x434.png

NOTE: We plan to make our usual specially packed cases with exclusive variations available, but it will be at a later date. We'll be sure to let you know when to start looking for them!

To get your Collector Edition Custom ’77 Dodge Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Kroger locations and/or Kroger.com from 10/4/20 to 12/12/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form** (fill out the form and print it), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

Custom ’77 Dodge Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 12/16/20 and received by 12/24/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition Custom ’77 Dodge Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

3. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition Custom ’77 Dodge Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after the 12/24/20 deadline for receipt of vehicle.

Kroger_MasterBrand_Logo_Endslates_Short.png

Items and dates are subject to change. Mattel reserves the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at any time.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

Ram, Dodge and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2020 FCA US LLC.

**Privacy Clause of Official Rules:

By submitting your information, you agree and consent for Mattel and the Mattel family of companies (as defined in https://www.mattel.com/en-us/privacy-statement#anchor-Definitions) to use and share your name, address, and other information with third parties for the purpose of administering this promotion (i.e., to communicate with you, process your submission, etc.) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.  To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your information read our Privacy Statement at www.mattel.com/privacy-statement.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition Custom ’77 Dodge Van at the Kroger Family of Stores!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

007menhorn

Posted

M and N hit here at Kroger with the promo shown. We had P case hit a couple of weeks ago with the 2nd round of exclusives and they are ALL gone. Store just down the road must have had 30 Datsun wagons..... every one gone now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

On 10/3/2020 at 3:04 AM, THIS GUY said:

A local Kroger already got these. At least they had a boatload of the NSX.

are they came in on big shipper or cases?

• Like 1

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted

1 hour ago, HHC78 said:

are they came in on big shipper or cases?

Kind of look like this mess

20201005_123528.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

sw20rida

Posted

Here in So. Cal I have been to about 6-7 Ralph's and none had the new cars or cases in, wondering when CA will get their allocation?  Or am I silly to think that Kroger will actually plan to have these out in time for the promotion period?

Share this comment

On 10/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, TecnoMuzik said:

Will receipts from Mariano's be accepted? They are a Kroger family store but not listed on the Kroger graphic. 

Yes, worked on the last few mail-ins for me.

Share this comment

Here is image of the Kroger Brand of stores.....happy hunting!

image.thumb.png.1c576f20146e25c99058d0ce7f2e74d3.png

Share this comment

On 10/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, ECCHOPPER said:

Being an opener myself, I've got tons of extra cards if someone can hook me up with a receipt

Unfortunately, they appear to have individual barcodes on receipt, I know because I was hoping to return a few duplicates after buying another batch..

That being said, I would be willing to make some purchases and send them out (assuming HW doesn't prohibit this) I would ask for $20 car purchase, and $15 shipping to be worth my time, being off work and having to wear masks everywhere is frustrating, plus packaging, gas, and all considering, I think its fair. send paypal to acksolutions@gmail.com with address, I can try to look for mainline cars if your needing, I have not seen the kroger exclusive colors at my store as of yet, and I'm not going to dig to much, u do want them in time to send in right? Should be able to send out following day, after initial trial which may take 2 days.

I would send 20 cars (grab bag, possible dupes, no guarantees on requests) with one receipt making it easy as possible for you, and you get to tear them open like christmas. Don't forget to send address! Will send confirmation of shipment with tracking if avail. night they go out, Would only be able to accommodate for what paypal personal acct. allows, so 1st come 1st out, money returned if unable.

If this isn't allowed just let me know please, offering as a favor so no need for rudeness. Tips always welcome.

Share this comment

No Kroger’s in New England and online says you can’t order online. May i suggest you use national chains for the mail in promotions so everyone can participate ? It gets increasingly difficult every year to get the mail in cars because of promos like this . Use Target and Wally World and call it a day . Thanks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

tjmathews79

Posted

Are the Kroger Halloween cars eligible for this mail in?

Share this comment

Erikgang

Posted

Mattel needs to do all these promos like they did the KMart and Gamestop.  Give us a flipping option to purchase cases online.  Between not having stores around, having the stores not even put them out and beating resellers, hoarders, and the lunch box crew.  It's ridiculous

• Like 3

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

The Halloween cars are not eligible for the mail-in custom 1977 dodge van. 

Share this comment

Disco247

Posted

I agree with everyone about the non convenient locations. I don't have Kroger's within 180 miles of me. the fine print says you can order online but you cannot order hot wheels from them. the only ones you can get shipped is from a third party seller at 3 times the price. pick somewhere that's actually nation wide so we can all participate. target tried but the employees didn't care to put it out the last two times. thanks for leaving others out of this promotion. might have to buy on ebay but not paying a ton of money. 

• Like 3

Share this comment

Where do u find the code near the bar code

• Like 1

Share this comment

Where do u find the code

• Like 1

Share this comment

If you mean the 'allowed cars' its the 'Asst. #####' just above barcode with 'Proof of Purchase' before it. Now for another pain in the butt part, you have to look at 'hotwheels.com/collector' as the 'voucher' fails to list these on it 

• Like 1

Share this comment

EVERETT253

Posted

If anybody needs cars or a KROGER receipt, contact me...everettrogers253@gmail.com

• Like 2

Share this comment

On 10/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, Disco247 said:

I agree with everyone about the non convenient locations. I don't have Kroger's within 180 miles of me. the fine print says you can order online but you cannot order hot wheels from them. the only ones you can get shipped is from a third party seller at 3 times the price. pick somewhere that's actually nation wide so we can all participate. target tried but the employees didn't care to put it out the last two times. thanks for leaving others out of this promotion. might have to buy on ebay but not paying a ton of money. 

It would be nice if the did at  least one regular mail in car a Walmart promotion. The legends  tour stops are too far for most  people but there's a Walmart just about everywhere.

• Like 1

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

19 hours ago, EVERETT253 said:

If anybody needs cars or a KROGER receipt, contact me...everettrogers253@gmail.com

Email sent!

• Like 1

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

Still looking for a receipt. If you're buying cars at Krogers and not doing the mail in, or you want to, but don't want to open 20 cars, let's help each other out.

• Like 1

Share this comment

No Kroger or affiliated stores by me in La.

So I had my mother in law go to Ralph’s in Cal to grab 20 for me! Maybe try that approach for y’all in the same boat as me?

• Like 1

Share this comment

HOTWHEELSDUDE

Posted

Cool car, but as everyone has said its sad that this promotion will only benefit the people close to a participating Kroger store. I mean I guess Mattel's contract with Kroger stores is more important then the collectors. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

Cannot print out the order form from the link provided please help! 

Share this comment

I always give away my extra cars from the mail-ins on Halloween to the neighborhood kids.  They love me.

• Like 1

Share this comment