Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™ Mail-in Offer!

By Gary Barnum

Are you ready for the next mail-in HW Collector Edition of 2020? We’re excited to announce the ’76 Chevy® Monza™ is making an appearance!

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo and “3” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

GJJ77_001.png

GJJ77_002.png

GJJ77_003.png

To get your Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating locations in the Kroger Family of Stores and/or Kroger.com from 4/19/20 to 6/20/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (promotion period has ended), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’76 Chevy® Monza™

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/24/20 and received by 7/2/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™ for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

3. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™. Allow 8 - 12 weeks for receipt of vehicle after July 2, 2020.

NOTE: Our usual specially packed cases with exclusive variations will not be currently available, but we plan to make them available at a later date. We'll be sure to let you know when to start looking for them!

Kroger_MasterBrand_Logo_Endslates_Short.png

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™ Mail-in Offer!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ECCHOPPER

Posted

On 4/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, indiandunes said:

What are you really gonna do with 20 loose cars anyway.

Umm....add them to my collection???

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_A_TEST_86 said:

That defeats the purpose of "store-specific" promotions.

Stop it with the "store specific" promotions. They're clearly not working for the majority of collectors.

• Like 2

Share this comment

indiandunes

Posted

37 minutes ago, ECCHOPPER said:

Umm....add them to my collection???

Umm....... OK😜

• Confused 1

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

41 minutes ago, ECCHOPPER said:

Stop it with the "store specific" promotions. They're clearly not working for the majority of collectors.

You have to understand that these "Collector Editions" exist to be used as promotions in partnership with a retailer. Mattel can't force retailers to take them on. The stores that do end up partnering with Mattel for these, do so because they want the added sales and foot traffic that the promotion will generate. Opening the promotion to all stores, will draw blowback from some retailers because they will not see increased traffic from it because most will be fulfilled through the largest retailers.

Share this comment

pnatsphan

Posted

Why do you have to tear apart the packaging to send in with the receipt ,if your a collector  why break them open. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Katie442

Posted

HW can be returned without a receipt, but not without a package... besides, it INCREASES SALES!!!

Share this comment

POWERANDSTEEL

Posted

the monza is a mess ! terrible casting.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Daverrs

Posted

On 4/17/2020 at 1:33 AM, Dex826 said:

Ouch! Not going to be easy to get,..no Kroger's anywhere near me. Cool casting!!

Probably depending where you live, there might be stores that are part of their branch.

Share this comment

C10Bonanza

Posted

On 4/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, indiandunes said:

For those of you who can’t get to a Kroger store, don’t sweat it too much. I have a store 5 miles away, with plenty of HWs.  But, with the last promo, I  found it about $5 cheaper to get one on eBay than to buy the cars, pay sales tax, mail all the cards, and pay shipping for the car. And, it was a lot easier. What are you really gonna do with 20 loose cars anyway. Could find kids to give em too I guess. 

I pass the cars out at car shows I attend with my full size cars. The kids love it.

Share this comment

BRENT1979

Posted

Just sell the cars on the sale page (NOT THE RLC) for a month, no limit for 20 bucks everyone's happy, Mattel gets paid and we all get it the cars if we want them.  With no craziness!!   PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this comment

JST33ZY313

Posted

So did I miss something, or we just skipped mail in promotion number 2 and went straight to 3?? What was 2 if it was put out?

Share this comment

Docwatson 442

Posted

On 4/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, HWHUNTER said:

There are tons of Kroger family stores across the country and most have plenty of Hot Wheels!

Not correct, maybe in your part of the country but not mine.  Live in the North East region & none of those stores listed operate anywhere near this part of the country period.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Nsbisme

Posted

Man, I never get to participate in these. I don't have a Dollar General anywhere near, and I don't have a Kroger-related store near me either. Closest I got is a Safeway...

Share this comment

TheKing4345

Posted

Why does The company put a barcode on the mailing label your supposed to put on the package? Then when you go to the post office USPS says they have to cover it because you are not allowed to have a barcode on the outside of a package.  Lol 😂 

• Like 1

Share this comment

KINGHUBS

Posted

Any news on the exclusives?

Share this comment

Northwest Diecast

Posted (edited)

Does this have to be 20 individual cards? Can I buy a couple 9 or 20 packs and have that count toward it?

Edited by Northwest Diecast
Grammar

Share this comment

indiandunes

Posted

On 4/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, Nsbisme said:

Man, I never get to participate in these. I don't have a Dollar General anywhere near, and I don't have a Kroger-related store near me either. Closest I got is a Safeway...

For those of you who have no store access,  here you go.  This is how I get mine.  Cheaper and easier than what it takes to send in for one. Granted, the seller is gonna keep the 20 cars, but if that’s not a big deal to you, then who cares.  And no, this is not my auction. Go to eBay and do a search, there are quite a few listed line this. 

54288CC5-1131-4285-BA85-552EC07E6E94.jpeg.09fc266e3bb135c0a242ac13f49c6273.jpeg

Share this comment

MICROBOB2

Posted

On 4/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, JST33ZY313 said:

So did I miss something, or we just skipped mail in promotion number 2 and went straight to 3?? What was 2 if it was put out?

Number 2 is the Zamac Volkswagen Sunagon. It would have been the Walmart mail-in, but Walmart doesn't participate anymore. The last two years, these Walmart Zamacs have only been available from the vending machine during the Legends Tour (or buying from the stolen merchandise from Malaysia). Not sure if there will be a Legends tour this year with the virus issue. Number 4 is also available from Malaysia on eBay ('65 Volkswagen). Purple car, not sure for what store yet.

Share this comment

ljschroe

Posted

On 4/17/2020 at 8:44 AM, ADAMBRUS said:

For everyone complaining that they don't have a Kroger, look at the official rules.  It states Kroger family of stores or Kroger.com.  Here is a list of the Kroger family of stores:

The Kroger Co. Family of Stores includes:

• Baker’s
  • City Market
  • Dillons
  • Food 4 Less
  • Foods Co
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • Gerbes 
  • Harris Teeter
  • King Soopers
  • Jay C Food Store
  • Kroger
  • Owens Market
  • Pay-Less Super Markets
  • QFC
  • Ralphs
  • Smith’s Food and Drug

That was quite helpful!  Thanks for helping us who don't rtfp!

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

On 4/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, POWERANDSTEEL said:

the monza is a mess ! terrible casting.

I wish they'd go back to redline tires. These new wheels are terrible.

Share this comment

Peepers

Posted

On 4/17/2020 at 5:44 AM, ADAMBRUS said:

For everyone complaining that they don't have a Kroger, look at the official rules.  It states Kroger family of stores or Kroger.com.  Here is a list of the Kroger family of stores:

The Kroger Co. Family of Stores includes:

• Baker’s
  • City Market
  • Dillons
  • Food 4 Less
  • Foods Co
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • Gerbes 
  • Harris Teeter
  • King Soopers
  • Jay C Food Store
  • Kroger
  • Owens Market
  • Pay-Less Super Markets
  • QFC
  • Ralphs
  • Smith’s Food and Drug

Only have Food 4 Less near me & the employee’s pick the shippers. Count me out for this one. 

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

i have cash receipt(s) for 20 or 40 Dollar General HW.  I need Kroger  receipts.

Can somebody HELP me on this site?  

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

anybody...???

Share this comment

rolandup2000

Posted

sorry dude if I didn't already send in for all 10 I'd help you

Share this comment