Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™ Mail-in Offer!

By Gary Barnum

Are you ready for the next mail-in HW Collector Edition of 2020? We’re excited to announce the ’76 Chevy® Monza™ is making an appearance!

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo and “3” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

GJJ77_001.png

GJJ77_002.png

GJJ77_003.png

To get your Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating locations in the Kroger Family of Stores and/or Kroger.com from 4/19/20 to 6/20/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (promotion period has ended), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’76 Chevy® Monza™

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/24/20 and received by 7/2/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™ for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

3. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™. Allow 8 - 12 weeks for receipt of vehicle after July 2, 2020.

NOTE: Our usual specially packed cases with exclusive variations will not be currently available, but we plan to make them available at a later date. We'll be sure to let you know when to start looking for them!

Kroger_MasterBrand_Logo_Endslates_Short.png

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’76 Chevy® Monza™ Mail-in Offer!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

KURUMA55

Posted

WHat if you purchased the 20 cars before 4/19? My local Fred Meyer has the display with the Monza mail in last week. 

Share this comment

Me007gold

Posted

No Kroger brand stores with in 100 miles of me. This stinks

Share this comment

jdmparts

Posted

7 hours ago, ADAMBRUS said:

For everyone complaining that they don't have a Kroger, look at the official rules.  It states Kroger family of stores or Kroger.com.  Here is a list of the Kroger family of stores:

The Kroger Co. Family of Stores includes:

• Baker’s
  • City Market
  • Dillons
  • Food 4 Less
  • Foods Co
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • Gerbes 
  • Harris Teeter
  • King Soopers
  • Jay C Food Store
  • Kroger
  • Owens Market
  • Pay-Less Super Markets
  • QFC
  • Ralphs
  • Smith’s Food and Drug

these stores don't exist in the tri state area NY/NJ

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Can't even find the Dollar General cars and no Kroger anywhere near me.

Share this comment

HWHUNTER

Posted

11 hours ago, 44NSMJR44 said:

Why not a store that is nationwide and actually carries enough Hot Wheels for the promotion?

There are tons of Kroger family stores across the country and most have plenty of Hot Wheels!

Share this comment

Bigsean

Posted

5 hours ago, ECCHOPPER said:

None of those in my state, either. 

Mine either. Live in FLA.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That is sweet, would love to see this version or another for RLC members to purchase.

not any of those stores in okc.

Share this comment

WYCHRYDER

Posted

I live out west, King Soopers everywhere, a Dollar General 1 block away. Does Mattel allow you to ask someone to go pick these cars up for you and mail everything to you? Don't want to be or cause a problem, just asking.

Share this comment

Scooterboy

Posted

Wow  definitely not for canada  no Kroger here in Quebec province no chance!

Share this comment

ROYALACCORD

Posted

8 hours ago, lethalkrs said:

Would be really nice if you chose a retailer everyone has a reasonable ability to get to!    The closest Kroger is 3-4 hours away from me!!!

The Harris Teeter affiliates around me don't carry Hot Wheels!

At least you have one within hours. I don't have a dollar general within 2 states. 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

timicus

Posted

No excusives or first to market?

Share this comment

STEVE67GTO

Posted

Here is another mail order vehicle I will have to buy from epay to add to my collection.  No Krogers nor any of its affiliates in Iowa.

Share this comment

quwaazy

Posted

Cool I have Krogers  around me. Funny I also have a bunch of dollar generals around me too but, can't come up with twenty cars between multiple stores.

Share this comment

OPELGTBOY70

Posted

Here is an idea.......let us order cases online.  What a thought.  Mattel you never think this through.

K

• Like 1

Share this comment

MICROBOB2

Posted

As with the DG car, where we can’t buy cars since they aren’t restocking hot wheels, these two mail in cars should be opened to all HWC members to buy on this site, with a limit of two or three per membership, instead of putting our health at risk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Gela619!

Posted

Harris Teeter by me carries a couple at $2.00 a piece

Share this comment

Nate78us

Posted

20 hours ago, ADAMBRUS said:

For everyone complaining that they don't have a Kroger, look at the official rules.  It states Kroger family of stores or Kroger.com.  Here is a list of the Kroger family of stores:

• Baker’s
  • City Market
  • Dillons
  • Food 4 Less
  • Foods Co
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • Gerbes 
  • Harris Teeter
  • King Soopers
  • Jay C Food Store
  • Kroger
  • Owens Market
  • Pay-Less Super Markets
  • QFC
  • Ralphs
  • Smith’s Food and Drug

Thanks for sharing of course where I live we have none of these. Used to have some Harris teeters but they shut them down. Gonna be a tough one for alot of people 

Share this comment

Nate78us

Posted

18 hours ago, MINIVANSROCK said:

Interesting that mattel is struggling as a company and yet they make it harder and harder for folks to participate in the hobby of diecast.  They keep making poor decisions on how and where they do their promos and their store level inventory availability is atrocious.  And I live in a metropolitan area of 2.6 million people.   Dozens of big box stores and grocery chains and yet 90% of the time there's nothing but 4 month old products available.   Mattel if you are listening (which based on the number of similar complaints I constantly see in these forums, you never do) PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE AND MAKE YOUR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE TO THE MASS CONSUMERS AND NOT JUST TO THE PEOPLE WHO CAN FOOLISHLY PAY UP TO 500% MARKUP (AND SOMETIMES EVEN MORE).  Rant over. 

Absolutely. What they should start doing is say send us 20 card backs and the money for each casting and get rid of the you have to buy them at this store mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

oglesa52

Posted

23 hours ago, GaryB said:

Kroger owns other chains as well, Marianas, food 4 less and I believe publix are all owned by Kroger. Last year there was a list of stores that were getting the shippers, hopefully that will be true again this year to limit our search...

FYI, Publix is not owned by Kroger. Too bad because most stores carry Hot Wheels.

Share this comment

MYNAMEISMUD

Posted

To the clueless people here who think there are stores everywhere, you are wrong, there is a food for less aboot 45 miles from me and they stopped carrying hot wheels years ago, MATTEL  when you do a supermarket promotion if you were to include more chains not just Krogers most would be able to participate like um Safeway/Vonn's which is Albertsons, you send Hotwheels to other chains,  come on we have been complaining aboot this for years now, just proof no one is listening or is it they do not care, I am not driving to Sacramento to hit a food co(or DG) in the ghetto to do a mail in, I loved doing the mail in but since Kmart is no longer an option it is not something I no longer want to do, we all used to have fun meeting other collectors and getting the chance to open a fresh case, now it is a race to beat the wolves to a ransacked display or dump bin. JUST SALE THE DANG CASES HERE IN THE SHOP...... said everyone for the 100th time.  

• Like 1

Share this comment

So are there any Kroger exclusive colors???  What case code are the cars in the display for those who have already seen a display if you would?

Share this comment

Samwise Carcollecter

Posted

DEFINITELY going for this epic Monza! Thank goodness I have about a dozen Smith's within an hour's drive of where I live. Hopefully at least one will have the twenty I need! Super excited!!😁

Share this comment

lethalkrs

Posted

On 4/17/2020 at 4:17 PM, jdmparts said:

these stores don't exist in the tri state area NY/NJ

The North East part of the country is basically out of luck.  MD only has Harris Teeter, and none of them around here sell Hot Wheels (except holiday sets occasionally)

Share this comment

ZEROTHEWANDERER

Posted

On 4/17/2020 at 8:44 AM, ADAMBRUS said:

• Baker’s
  • City Market
  • Dillons
  • Food 4 Less
  • Foods Co
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • Gerbes 
  • Harris Teeter
  • King Soopers
  • Jay C Food Store
  • Kroger
  • Owens Market
  • Pay-Less Super Markets
  • QFC
  • Ralphs
  • Smith’s Food and Drug

Still don't have any of those within a reasonable travel distance of me (Jacksonville FL).

Share this comment