Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

LURCHF13

Posted

The stores in Las Vegas dont know about this offer?

Share this comment

Chlaredo

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, HWGodfather said:

So everything is on the rules except if you are purchasing multiples i.e. 2 or 3 can you have all 40 or 60 cars in one receipt? Or what I'm asking can there be more than 20 in one receipt or so they need to be broken down by 20? 

The following is clearly stated on the official rules, looks fairly straight forward and understandable to me.

your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s)

Edited by Chlaredo

Share this comment

MUSTANGPATRICK

Posted

Has anyone found the exclusive cars

Share this comment

BRACING

Posted

On 3/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, SHUFFNCARS said:

As a Moderator, I suggest all you newbies asking questions about this mail in, PLEASE READ THE OFFICIAL RULES. My phone is going to explode with your questions when the answers are right in the official rules....Dollar General Corporate is the people you should be questioning about the sale of the particular cars required for the mail in. You must send in the 20 cards along with a few other things in order to get the Datsun.so Your gonna have to open 20 cars of the right asst. codes and send the card backs in, along with the reciept for the 20 cars PURCHASED FROM DOLLAR GENERAL, (you can have 2 ,3,4 reciepts so long as they are from dollar general and add up to 20 Cars)along with the the money for shipping and the completed order form. This is the new KDays store.... for this mail in........ I just read all the rules and order form..EVERYTHING IS RIGHT ON THE MAIN PAGE FOR THE MAIL IN>  READ IT.....

what about Washington state? where do we get our cars, no Dollar Generals up here.

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

1 hour ago, MUSTANGPATRICK said:

Has anyone found the exclusive cars

Negative seems none of the DG stores have received these shipments yet.

Share this comment

SHUFFNCARS

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, BRACING said:

what about Washington state? where do we get our cars, no Dollar Generals up here.

i understand that DG is not in every state.....My suggestion to you is find a friend/family member in another state or make friends with some collectors on the site and ask for help..I've been doing it for years because I live in Canada and don't have the access to the mail ins and such. 90% of the collectors in the days past would help anyone out. The motto here, used to be, "collectors helping collectors /collectors for collectors" ..... not so sure about the new breed of collectors joining the last few years tho.....that motto has become something else today......

Edited by SHUFFNCARS

Share this comment

JST33ZY313

Posted

On 3/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, SOUTHERNPACIFIC said:

Just answered yer own question

On 3/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, Jonwon79 said:

Did you happen to make it to any DGs and find that these are already out there?

I've been to about 4 of them and so far no variation spottings.....I believe Friday will be the magic day in my area. But I have enough for a few so not sure if I'll even bother with it due to the current things going down.

Share this comment

Does anyone know if dollar general is selling cases?

Share this comment

Shuffncars... 

I'm a new bred collector since 08 and dont mind helping a collector out but I've also realized in a VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME that some  hot wheel collectors are jerks. Just mean. I'm not like that. I met a good friend helping him out with finding stuff. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

MICROBOB2

Posted

Mattel should offer the mail in car as a purchase through the RLC, since we aren’t supposed to be going out in public right now

• Like 1

Share this comment

SHUFFNCARS

Posted

8 hours ago, 1983 said:

Shuffncars... 

I'm a new bred collector since 08 and dont mind helping a collector out but I've also realized in a VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME that some  hot wheel collectors are jerks. Just mean. I'm not like that. I met a good friend helping him out with finding stuff. 

Cool and YUP I have encountered a few jerks myself, especially when we used to be able to trade on here.....and by new breed I'm referring to the last 3-4 years of collecting and as a moderator of late, I've come across some real "prize" people that call themselves collectors....more like disruptors with bad attitudes.... it only took a few prize people to kill the  trade boards and chat room of yore ...So we need to keep it civil regardless of how we feel....Just read Bunyips thread in "ANNOUNCEMENTS" at the top of the forums page.....😉 

• Like 1

Share this comment

irishone1313

Posted

If sent in for my first one. I plan on getting 2 more I must open one😁😁

Share this comment

irishone1313

Posted (edited)

Do they ship in a protecto?

Edited by irishone1313

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

On 3/17/2020 at 2:02 AM, 510wagu said:

Sent in 200 card backs today 😬

How did you find 200 cars at  Dollar General?

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

21 hours ago, MICROBOB2 said:

Mattel should offer the mail in car as a purchase through the RLC, since we aren’t supposed to be going out in public right now

Not all of us are RLC members. 

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

3 hours ago, ECCHOPPER said:

How did you find 200 cars at  Dollar General?

Probably visited more than one.

I probably sifted through 150+ cars total at the three I went too. Not all too eager to load up on the casting selection they had especially since I'd just be sending off the cards anyway, but... 

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

If the Mail-In was sold online, collectors would complain when it sells out in 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

BEAR_69

Posted

So this cars go back to 2016 with the #s on them n is it the first or last numbers cause i aint coming across anything.

Share this comment

GRAYBEARD

Posted

In case you missed it in the rules, the cars allowed date back as far as 2016. For the people who "gotta have it now" it helps Dollar General clear the pegs of old stock. Since the promo runs through May, I'm sure the new stuff will arrive......wouldn't expect much, though. They are going to be splitting what used to get sent to K-Mart between a whole lot more Dollar Generals. Hopefully someone will put out word when they start to show up.

Share this comment

NorbertBoateng

Posted

can anyone help me get one? I'm in Canada and no Dollar General please and thank you 

• Like 1

Share this comment

GREENHORNET19

Posted

My store doesn’t have a clue, no special cars available and no idea what I’m talking about! I guess the store employees will be selling them on eBay for a premium price like leaches do to the special club issues. Well good luck real collectors, as I have been collecting since 1972 diecast and was easier to get club stuff through the good old United States post office! Maybe Mattel will start this and we the real collectors get one per real mailing address.

long time collecting here in Pennsylvania 

Jim aka matchboxjim

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

I went to DG down the street from my house on 3/15 was there waiting in line with people that were there for tp...I met a nice guy that was also there for the Hot Wheels he was in line behind me. We each grabbed 20 and I was not rude to him at all very pleasant guy chatted a little bit and parted ways. I waited for him to grab his 20 and depart before grabbing another 20 for myself giving me 40 total. I went back today 3/21 and they had 1 Hot Wheels...seemed they did not restock since the 15th. Ran into another guy at a Target and he was all about blocking me from even looking...I could have been a jerk and made comments but not my style. He was also bragging about how he had doubles of almost all the current treasure hunts, worked at Walmart and had friends at other Walmarts etc etc. I obviously ran into a reseller and won't go to that Target or surrounding Walmarts anymore feel like this guy basically lives at these stores. I don't remember it being this cut throat when I had stopped collecting 10-15 years ago. 

Share this comment

hwcxs420240sx

Posted

will there be any delay in shipping due to the virus?

Share this comment

Chlaredo

Posted

2 hours ago, Jonwon79 said:

I went to DG down the street from my house on 3/15 was there waiting in line with people that were there for tp...I met a nice guy that was also there for the Hot Wheels he was in line behind me. We each grabbed 20 and I was not rude to him at all very pleasant guy chatted a little bit and parted ways. I waited for him to grab his 20 and depart before grabbing another 20 for myself giving me 40 total. I went back today 3/21 and they had 1 Hot Wheels...seemed they did not restock since the 15th. Ran into another guy at a Target and he was all about blocking me from even looking...I could have been a jerk and made comments but not my style. He was also bragging about how he had doubles of almost all the current treasure hunts, worked at Walmart and had friends at other Walmarts etc etc. I obviously ran into a reseller and won't go to that Target or surrounding Walmarts anymore feel like this guy basically lives at these stores. I don't remember it being this cut throat when I had stopped collecting 10-15 years ago. 

Jonwon,  it has been this cut throat and ruthless since 1995 maybe even earlier. People used to literally run to the Hot Wheels aisle once the doors were open just to get the treasure hunts. I almost wish they would never have even come up with the concept. I have found my fair share over the years but I don't dwell on not finding them as I eventually get at least one of each release.

• Like 1

Share this comment