Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

94Blazer

Posted

Dollar Generals are often found in communities with not much else for retail options. Around here, most of the DG's are in towns with a gas station, maybe two. Each store I went too had a lot of people in it, and a lot of empty shelves.

The employees I talked too are very stressed out at the moment. Imagine working there right now? Our toy cars definitely aren't their priority right now, for what I hope are obvious reasons. In fact, I think some of the employees found it amusing I was only there for the toy cars and not for food or toilet paper. As a former retail worker, I knew to just leave it alone. They'll come around in due time.

Maybe it's time we all take a deep breath and think about what's going on around us...

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

That all being said...

I put on probably 150-200 miles to get to 3 Dollar Generals, with a detour to make it to a Family Dollar to look for cars. I kinda find it amusing how some members are complaining about a 20 minute drive, but to each their own.

Anyway, I found older cars and I snagged 9 total castings. I could have fulfilled my 20 right there, but I don't want to buy 20 cars that I don't want just for the mail-in - so I'll be patient. I have time to buy other cars. No exclusives were found, which I will admit was a bummer, but that's okay given what's happening in the world.

Here's a couple tips:

-One DG I went too effectively had two toy aisles, and were overstocking a couple boxes of cars in the "other" aisle. I wouldn't have found them had I just looked at the Hot Wheels aisle and left. They were in Dollar General boxes, not the traditional Hot Wheels case boxes. Always, always look.

-At various times, DG's have had their main aisle and then have had endcaps with Hot Wheels on them. I didn't find any single cars this time, but I did find Matchbox, 5-packs, and playsets.

-In the past, one DG I went too had one of those tiny shippers of cars on a shelf in the clearance aisle. 

These are just things I've noticed while shopping at DG. As with everything else, it will frustrate some collector out there - just don't take it out on the messenger.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

17 hours ago, 64th Street Garage said:

If we all don’t panic we will get through this. The trucks to are bottle necked at the distribution centers trying to keep up with the buying blitz and horders. Just like the Hot wheels horders who do a buying blitz on the collectible hot wheels, then price gouging on eBay and Amazon. This is a hot wheels site what else would we talk about, it a break from the stress.

One employee I talked too said the next truck will be in Thursday, it will be 100% restocks of the items that sold out due to the pandemic. 

I wasn't bugging her about toy cars, we were just making conversation about how the day was going. I can't imagine how stressed some of these retail employees are right now. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

TreasureHunterHW

Posted

Question. I read the rules and I just want to clarify one thing. I can buy any car right? As long as the Asst. Number is one of those mentioned.  This is my first time ordering this so be easy on me. Haha. Thank you

15843891148745730059686682021791.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment

AGBCHIEF

Posted

Went to my most local $1 General and they don't have the cases or display yet with their 4 exclusively colored cars, which I'm looking to make a couple of sets of, Monday, March 16 is when I went. Hope I'm there to pick them up before the employees or other collectors get to them first.

Share this comment

Do the sku nber have to match the cards? They rang mine up as the same sku for all I bought today

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

1 hour ago, HWGodfather said:

Question. I read the rules and I just want to clarify one thing. I can buy any car right? As long as the Asst. Number is one of those mentioned.  This is my first time ordering this so be easy on me. Haha. Thank you

They have to be from 2016 and newer. I haven't seen an issue with cars being from before 2016, but your mileage may vary on that one.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Jester74011

Posted

I am a newbie to the hot wheels collecting scene. What specific cars or is ther a list available of the cars in the specific list of assortments that are listed on the official rules form for this mail in promotion 

933D1A8A-A832-4F3A-9704-EAA5E4FA9C55.png

Share this comment

SHUFFNCARS

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Xsvlt1 said:

Do the sku nber have to match the cards? They rang mine up as the same sku for all I bought today

the SKU doesn't matter.....what you need, is to have any one of the THREE Asst Codes listed in the official rules....here's 2 of them found right above the barcode.....L2593 has been used for years in the US.....C4982 is the international Assortment code......these are the numbers that count......just tear the blister off, take the car, and send any 20 of the cards with the 3 asssortment codes..so old stock doesn't matter so long as it has the right Code....L2593   C4982 or 5785......ALSO if your not sure of the 2016 date to present here's where to look.....the left card says 2015 and probably won't be accepted even though it has the right Asst Number the 2018 number on the right is actually a 2020 model.....toond 64 impala in blue...so don't get freaked about this....there's a reason behind the numbering as most of the 2020's were manufactured in late 2018 and 2019... A year earlier than the release date....

DSCN8548.JPG

DSCN8549.JPG

Edited by SHUFFNCARS

Share this comment

Chlaredo

Posted

There are several things to look at when it comes to the cards, the assortment code, the year the series is intended for, IE 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and another thing that is important and sometimes found on the card is the date code. This will be a letter and two digits indication the year and week the car was made and put on the card. Look on the card back and sometimes the digits are there, I generally do not use any card older than four years so that mean K--, L--, M--, N-- and because I have not paid that cl0ose attention in the past I had cards kicked back. Now I check, stack, and double check before mailing them off and even add a few in case of mistakes.

Share this comment

Jester74011

Posted

Thank you for the help shuffncars and chlaredo. As far as all of you complaining about the lack of DG stores i think the same thing when the nearest Kroger is 473 miles from me. If it’s too far then don’t do it but bi@@@ing about it doesn’t fix anything. 

Share this comment

DAGAHUAN49@HOTMAIL.COM

Posted

What a joke these stores are they can care less if Hot Wheels are not available, the main focus now is to have the shelf's stocked with prime and essential supplies for the corona viruses. So Hot Wheels you are secondary now, maybe next time.

Share this comment

510wagu

Posted

Sent in 200 card backs today 😬

Share this comment

TreasureHunterHW

Posted

So everything is on the rules except if you are purchasing multiples i.e. 2 or 3 can you have all 40 or 60 cars in one receipt? Or what I'm asking can there be more than 20 in one receipt or so they need to be broken down by 20? 

Share this comment

davidjdeez

Posted

On 3/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, Nitro Monkey said:

There are no M

On 3/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, Nitro Monkey said:

There are no Dollar General stores in San Diego County! 

Why do they keep doing this type of thing with weird stores?

I can help you out. I live in SD but I travel to the Imperial Valley on a weekly basis for work(120 miles East of SD), where they have 1 SINGLE Dollar General Market. I just bought 20 random cars today, all they had was A case. If you dont mind buying 20 random cars, Ill get you a receipt. Just donate the loose cars to a childrens hospital... do a good deed, bring a smile to a childs face, and get your mail-in, thats a win/win IMO. have 2 months to decide

Share this comment

Lloydel

Posted

8 hours ago, Jester74011 said:

Thank you for the help shuffncars and chlaredo. As far as all of you complaining about the lack of DG stores i think the same thing when the nearest Kroger is 473 miles from me. If it’s too far then don’t do it but bi@@@ing about it doesn’t fix anything. 

Hi All, I agree here. "bl@@@ing" about it doesn't change a d**n thing as we've learned from the lack of response from Mattel/ Hot Wheels. However, there have been some poor judgement with marketing - they clearly have failed from time to time to cater for their audience, actual collectors. We (the royal WE) have paid good money for an RLC membership that we do not seem to be benefiting from... yet! (i hope there is better things to come after this pandemic is over and it's back to BAU) Hot Wheels collectors club has an online selling platform, why do they not use it as a means of making those products available to their loyal RLC members?

Share this comment

I think everyone forgets MATTEL does NOT OWN DOLLAR GENERAL and dollar general is a horrible place to shop period. Mattel I think used them as a platform to get the products out but dollar general is just grimey and low class always dirty and never stocked proper.... is anyone surprised? maybe mattel?  only problem I see here is Dollar General SVCKS!..  HOWEVER ...I bought my 20 old castings for 1$ a piece just so I could get this Awesome Skyline... do I feel like I wasted 20$? no im donating the hot wheels anyway and using old cards for the mail in was it worth it? possibly... dont expect to find the exclusive variations... you will be disappointed... The first Hot Wheels Promo at DG and DG did what was expected and flopped it... but you can still get the mail in!! All is not lost!!! get the 20 old castings and get that mail in!!

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

3 hours ago, Lloydel said:

Hi All, I agree here. "bl@@@ing" about it doesn't change a d**n thing as we've learned from the lack of response from Mattel/ Hot Wheels. However, there have been some poor judgement with marketing - they clearly have failed from time to time to cater for their audience, actual collectors. We (the royal WE) have paid good money for an RLC membership that we do not seem to be benefiting from... yet! (i hope there is better things to come after this pandemic is over and it's back to BAU) Hot Wheels collectors club has an online selling platform, why do they not use it as a means of making those products available to their loyal RLC members?

I always laugh when collectors think they are Mattel's target market. If they catered to us exclusively, they'd go belly up quite quickly.

• Like 1

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

5 hours ago, HWGodfather said:

So everything is on the rules except if you are purchasing multiples i.e. 2 or 3 can you have all 40 or 60 cars in one receipt? Or what I'm asking can there be more than 20 in one receipt or so they need to be broken down by 20? 

I doubt that would be an issue, but you could always have DG ring up the cars on 3 separate transactions if you plan to buy 60 at once.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Lloydel

Posted

52 minutes ago, 94Blazer said:

I always laugh when collectors think they are Mattel's target market. If they catered to us exclusively, they'd go belly up quite quickly.

Maybe I worded that wrong but, this isn't about exclusivity! Just like all the other people on here posting their frustrations, it's Mattel that's failed on their marketing.Yes you can't please everyone but some comms would be appreciated... I think everyone would agree on that. in regards to RLC, it would be better if members had some choices considering they have paid for a membership.  

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

1 hour ago, Lloydel said:

Maybe I worded that wrong but, this isn't about exclusivity! Just like all the other people on here posting their frustrations, it's Mattel that's failed on their marketing.Yes you can't please everyone but some comms would be appreciated... I think everyone would agree on that. in regards to RLC, it would be better if members had some choices considering they have paid for a membership.  

The issue here is the lack of the "special" cases at the beginning of the promotion. My guess is that's due to a lack of communication in the DG hierarchy. 

I'm not sure how the RLC is related to the mail-in, but so long as I get what I was promised when I paid for the membership, I personally won't have a reason to complain about it.

• Like 1

Share this comment

jdmsneakerhead

Posted

considering all the mess and inventory issues with Dollar General and what is going on in the world, couldn't Mattel just let us buy 20 cars from retailers that they have done mail-in promotions with like Target, Walmart, Kroger/Ralphs, & etc, and submit those receipts as well.

• Like 1

Share this comment

hey02fatboy

Posted

I went to 7 different Dollar Generals and didn't find 1 of the exclusive cars. I did however find some older cars I needed for some other sets (51 anniversary set plus chase) and that made it okay for now.

Share this comment