Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

HAKOLA2007

Posted

So why does Dollar General know nothing about these cars? Really mattel-6 stores waste of gas and time for nothing!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

JSTICK54

Posted

12 minutes ago, HAKOLA2007 said:

So why does Dollar General know nothing about these cars? Really mattel-6 stores waste of gas and time for nothing!!

Same here, they looked at me as if I were some kind of fool.

• Like 1

Share this comment

ashleyegret

Posted

Sigh. There’s no Dollar General stores in the city that I live in...

Share this comment

HAYPAUL1

Posted

Went to 3 different Dollar Generals no one knew about cars coming in no signage anywhere no cars on pegs

could not have got the 20 required if I wanted to let a lone the exclusives

None of these stores had any idea there was a hot wheels special case that they we’re receiving.

i figured it would be this way not if because of the virus scare or just because it’s Dollar General

hopefully they will be getting them in in the designated time frame to get the mail in

• Like 1

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

4 stores and no new cases. Nobody knew anything about the promotion. 

Epic fail? Or is it failure to launch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

64th Street Garage

Posted

On 3/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, JERSEL said:

Will there be a collectors event???

Got 16 at the Dollar General by me, wiped the shelf out. None of the new variants. Poor showing for a national advertisement on the first day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

1 hour ago, ECCHOPPER said:

4 stores and no new cases. Nobody knew anything about the promotion. 

Epic fail? Or is it failure to launch?

Looks like a marketing ploy...make you buy 20 older stock cars for the mail in and then make you come back again once new releases are stocked. They get double business and leaving DG in the dark avoids DG getting hassled by us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

raceteam1967

Posted

Frankly, I’d rather they concentrate on what their having to deal with due to the current pandemic situation. Shortages on basic things like canned goods, household cleaners, bathroom supplies, etc. The Hot Wheels can wait. Promotion doesn’t end until sometime in May- why is everyone is such a rush?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

64th Street Garage

Posted

If we all don’t panic we will get through this. The trucks to are bottle necked at the distribution centers trying to keep up with the buying blitz and horders. Just like the Hot wheels horders who do a buying blitz on the collectible hot wheels, then price gouging on eBay and Amazon. This is a hot wheels site what else would we talk about, it a break from the stress.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

39 minutes ago, raceteam1967 said:

Frankly, I’d rather they concentrate on what their having to deal with due to the current pandemic situation. Shortages on basic things like canned goods, household cleaners, bathroom supplies, etc. The Hot Wheels can wait. Promotion doesn’t end until sometime in May- why is everyone is such a rush?

This pandemic will continue past May and Mattel could have postponed like most companies have but they didn’t change the date and have full time employees that are being paid to complete this stuff. If we all just stopped working to track down toilet paper and handsanitizer...well that would create a whole new economic issue. They dont have to go completely silent with details. They had time to collect everyone’s RLC money and open a second RLC release. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

Two receipts two cans of potted meat and order form complete. IMG_7581(1).jpg.356687ba0b1c837ddd90dbde7a18e0fc.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

1 minute ago, Sugarcaddi said:

Two receipts two cans of potted meat and order form complete. IMG_7581(1).jpg.356687ba0b1c837ddd90dbde7a18e0fc.jpg

Ha that's about how my bags looked but was one pack of tp no meats : )

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Prospecdave

Posted

So for the 20 cars doest it matter if their older models as long as you buy 20 from dollar general? Or are there specific ones we need to purchase from dollar general?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

DanielC2812

Posted

So can I buy any 20 basics at dollar general or are there only certain ones I have to buy?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

Wow!!! I just bought 10 cars from DG last Thursday. Oh well more cars for the Blister Box.

Share this comment

SHUFFNCARS

Posted (edited)

As a Moderator, I suggest all you newbies asking questions about this mail in, PLEASE READ THE OFFICIAL RULES. My phone is going to explode with your questions when the answers are right in the official rules....Dollar General Corporate is the people you should be questioning about the sale of the particular cars required for the mail in. You must send in the 20 cards along with a few other things in order to get the Datsun.so Your gonna have to open 20 cars of the right asst. codes and send the card backs in, along with the reciept for the 20 cars PURCHASED FROM DOLLAR GENERAL, (you can have 2 ,3,4 reciepts so long as they are from dollar general and add up to 20 Cars)along with the the money for shipping and the completed order form. This is the new KDays store.... for this mail in........ I just read all the rules and order form..EVERYTHING IS RIGHT ON THE MAIN PAGE FOR THE MAIL IN>  READ IT.....

Edited by SHUFFNCARS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

Marla S.

Posted

1 hour ago, raceteam1967 said:

Cause its purple 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

Should look like this.15843197396631981504988855611558.jpg.c2fbe252bed472030a30bae984517353.jpg

Share this comment

Prospecdave

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, SHUFFNCARS said:

As a Moderator, I suggest all you newbies asking questions about this mail in, PLEASE READ THE OFFICIAL RULES. My phone is going to explode with your questions when the answers are right in the official rules....Dollar General Corporate is the people you should be questioning about the sale of the particular cars required for the mail in. You must send in the 20 cards along with a few other things in order to get the Skyline. So Your gonna have to open 20 cars of the right asst. codes and send the card backs in, along with the reciept for the 20 cars PURCHASED FROM DOLLAR GENERAL, (you can have 2 ,3,4 reciepts so long as they are from dollar general and add up to 20 Cars)along with the the money for shipping and the completed order form. This is the new KDays store.... for this mail in........ I just read all the rules and order form..EVERYTHING IS RIGHT ON THE MAIN PAGE FOR THE MAIL IN>  READ IT.....

My bad but thanks for the info

Edited by SHUFFNCARS

Share this comment

SHUFFNCARS

Posted

your welcome....😉

Share this comment

ciscokid

Posted

So, when removing the plastic blister bubble from the card, do you have to leave the car name on the bottom of the card, and car group on the right side, or can you just yank the bubble off, and not worry if it takes the writing off with it.

• Confused 1

Share this comment

Sir Chandestroy

Posted

Wow, this sounds like allot of fun.. wish there was something like this in Australia 

good luck to all..

• Haha 2

Share this comment

Lloydel

Posted

5 hours ago, Sir Chandestroy said:

Wow, this sounds like allot of fun.. wish there was something like this in Australia 

good luck to all..

Ha, course NOT. As a newbie myself I have already discovered Mattel has some prejudice against other countries. The UK never sees these events and one of the last countries (just like Australia by the looks of it) to see the new castings in stores. The truth is, if you want it you'll have to pay a premium on an auction site. You won't receive a reply from them either irrespective of the current pandemic. 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

PUREFIREGT350

Posted

Just went to our dollar generals here and the store have no clue aboutbthe mail in let alone the exclusive colors. This is another fail for the mail in cars.  And what DG actually stocks enough cars at time to support more than on mail in?  Thanks to this botched up mail ill just ebay the skylines from Malaysia. 

Share this comment