Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (fill out the form and print it), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Technician68

Posted

On 3/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, HOTWHEELS1970 said:

Is there nothing people won't complain about? When Kroger did the mail-in, we had all the complaints about all the parts of the country that didn't have Kroger stores. Now Mattel picks a chain that has 15,000+ US locations in 44 states, and we're still complaining. What's next, "The sky is blue", "It's too windy", "I don't like the look of the other customers", "This chain doesn't have a location on my front lawn"?

And the sun is too bright!!

Share this comment

Thevision

Posted

That is a great looking car, I have to say !!!  Probably the best I've seen since I've joined and I have three mail-ins on hand.  I will get this one for sure as there are Dollar Generals in my town.  I don't have any Krogers in my area so I miss out on all those cars (and stock) so this will be nice.  

Share this comment

Lloydel

Posted

Darn. I’m only in Florida this week. Looks like I’m going back to the UK empty handed 😤. This would have been a great asset to my collection.

Share this comment

GREAT!!! The nearest one is 35 miles from us. RESURECT THE K-MARTS!!!

Share this comment

"The sky is blue", "It's too windy", "I don't like the look of the other customers", "This chain doesn't have a location on my front lawn”, “The sun is too bright.”....and it’s too much trouble.

• Haha 1

Share this comment

SuperchargedBee

Posted

If I purchased these hotwheels from the "Reject Shop" in Australia (which is equivalent to the Dollar General Store) and send the corresponding receipts with the correct mainline cards will I be eligible to receive the Skyline Mail In car?

Share this comment

Itsonlyaleks

Posted

I have maybe two Dollar Generals near me in central / northern NJ and many collectors naturally.  Would be a nice collector piece to mail in for!  But this would also help move older 2020 stock at dollar general too ! So I’m good either way!

Share this comment

Itsonlyaleks

Posted

10 hours ago, Lloydel said:

Darn. I’m only in Florida this week. Looks like I’m going back to the UK empty handed 😤. This would have been a great asset to my collection.

Trading is always fun! 

Share this comment

Itsonlyaleks

Posted

8 hours ago, Hwyayo said:

I know of at most three kmarts left in the entire state, one hasn’t loaded up the pegs since they had a buy one get one free prior to the holidays.  The other still has 2018 stock on pegs. 🤷‍♂️

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

2 hours ago, SuperchargedBee said:

If I purchased these hotwheels from the "Reject Shop" in Australia (which is equivalent to the Dollar General Store) and send the corresponding receipts with the correct mainline cards will I be eligible to receive the Skyline Mail In car?

No. The promotion advertised on the site is US only.

Share this comment

Zimm1022

Posted

SO IS THERE A LIST OF WHAT CARS WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR IM NEW TO THIS 

Share this comment

50YearFan

Posted

13 hours ago, Hwyayo said:

KMart is dead!

Share this comment

Pandorian

Posted

How do we pay online via credit card?

Share this comment

IrishWolf62

Posted

This will be the first mail-in that I will try, but I wanted to ask are those 7 cars the only cars you can get towards this mail-in or are there others?

Share this comment

Nice! I'm in.

Share this comment

Does anyone know if this will be available to  Canadians?  Nothing in the official rules.  Just says the purchases must be made in the US and mailed from the US.

Thanks

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

On 3/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, JST33ZY313 said:

I'll be making my rounds tomorrow to collect. Be nice if the images are up by then of the variations!!! Looking forward to this year of collecting since I'm also a first year member.

Did you happen to make it to any DGs and find that these are already out there?

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

Has anyone found the new cars at DG yet or they won’t be released until the 15th?

• Like 1

Share this comment

SOUTHERNPACIFIC

Posted

What a stupid store to do a mail in with. Good job Mattel!

Share this comment

SOUTHERNPACIFIC

Posted

16 hours ago, BoK said:

Does anyone know if this will be available to  Canadians?  Nothing in the official rules.  Just says the purchases must be made in the US and mailed from the US.

Thanks

Just answered yer own question

• Haha 1

Share this comment

Johnyd1

Posted

Went by my local dollar General  . There was maybe 10 cars on the pegs , which is the norm. Nothing good either . I asked an employee and then the manager both knew nothing about new hot wheels stock or this mail in. Manager said next week was their inventory and no delivery was coming in til the following week . Didn't know if or when new  hot wheels would even be stocked .  last year gamestop didn't know til a day or so before they were having an event . Now this . Dollar General don't know anything either.  Why , why with these store.

Share this comment

Johnyd1

Posted

On 3/9/2020 at 11:03 AM, Technician68 said:

And the sun is too bright!!

It's cuz most DG stores suck , I have 4  with in a 20 mile  area . Horrible  always a mess , nothing ever organized . Absolutely  no stock of hot wheels maybe less than 10 cars on pegs at  each store . When you ask if that's all they have , they look at you like hot wheels is a 4 letter word .  

Share this comment

rolandup2000

Posted

I just visited the two DG's in the area and they had no idea this is happening on the 15th.

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted

On 3/5/2020 at 2:12 PM, Marke1 said:

You can use multiple receipts as long as they equal $20 or more from those dates

On 3/5/2020 at 2:45 PM, DonsHWs said:

Multiple receipts with 20 cars, not $20 worth of cars....  

DG prices their mainlines at $1 so, you're both right.

Share this comment