Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

11 hours ago, ROYALACCORD said:

So what are those of us who have no dollar general anywhere remotely near us, like all of Washington state supposed to do for this? Is there a way to order off the website like we could for gamestop last year? Would really suck if we have no way to get this. 

Ask a friend to help you if they have a DG.

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

16 hours ago, JessBQuiet said:

I live in the Pacific Northwest, we have dollar tree. Will they be participating? Is Dollar Tree and Dollar General one in the same? What are my options if not?

They are not the same. If you don't have, ask a friend that does. They might be willing to help.

Share this comment

skwakulove

Posted

Nice car. Glad for Dollar General mail in.

Share this comment

FunTimes

Posted

2 hours ago, SCORPIONLC said:

Because Dollar General is only in 46 states... what about the others that don't have one?

It's far more than KMart had for a long time! 

Share this comment

APURPLE1

Posted

Not too long ago they got big floor display of hot wheels/matchbox.

More recently they had a Q asst side kick with exclusives.

( scored the purple porsche STH )😃

Share this comment

WFFLAN2099

Posted

3 hours ago, SCORPIONLC said:

Because Dollar General is only in 46 states... what about the others that don't have one?

Move?  Seriously.  46 states that's about as nationwide as it gets these days.  Yes, I wish they sold cases.

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

I guess I don't understand the complaints. Dollar General is not in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, or Washington State. They also technically don't exist in DC, although they are very clearly within driving distance. 

Dollar General operates 15,000+ locations. McDonald's operates 14,000, Wal-Mart operates less than 5,000, and Target operates less than 2,000.

I couldn't find a solid number for K-Mart without manually counting all of them, but one figure I saw said there will be 45 K-Marts left in May of 2020. 

Again, I just don't understand the complaints. They are clearly in driving distance for 90+% of the population of the United States, and odds are they will expand into more in the coming years. It's a bummer if you don't have one right next to you, but this is clearly not a bad decision by Mattel.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Seaturtle

Posted

6 hours ago, SCORPIONLC said:

We don't have Kroger's in FL, at least not on the west coast. So like someone else says I buy on Ebay. By the time you buy $20 cars + Tax + Shipping fee + Actual shipping the cards in it gets close to the $30ish they seem to sell for. Ye I like the hunt, but I'm learning to look when I'm driving by - but trying to stop the special trips just to hunt. I finally realized like many out there Except for the special exceptions it just doesn't add up. I go Ebay and watch for someone who is not too greedy.

• Like 1

Share this comment

HOTWHEELS1970

Posted

Is there nothing people won't complain about? When Kroger did the mail-in, we had all the complaints about all the parts of the country that didn't have Kroger stores. Now Mattel picks a chain that has 15,000+ US locations in 44 states, and we're still complaining. What's next, "The sky is blue", "It's too windy", "I don't like the look of the other customers", "This chain doesn't have a location on my front lawn"?

• Like 1

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, HOTWHEELS1970 said:

Is there nothing people won't complain about? When Kroger did the mail-in, we had all the complaints about all the parts of the country that didn't have Kroger stores. Now Mattel picks a chain that has 15,000+ US locations in 44 states, and we're still complaining. What's next, "The sky is blue", "It's too windy", "I don't like the look of the other customers", "This chain doesn't have a location on my front lawn"?

People would complain if they held it at Wal-Mart too. At the end of the day, they can't please everybody. Dollar General was clearly a solid choice, but because Timmy in Idaho can't play, it's the worst idea in the world.

I don't understand it but I don't think they'll change their minds.

Edited by 94Blazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

SOULASASSIN

Posted

Dollar General doesn't get cars very often. Hopefully they get several shippers for the promo. The Dollar Generals around here are usually a disaster. Only one or 2 employees and crap everywhere in the aisles like a tornado went through.  

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

1 hour ago, SOULASASSIN said:

Dollar General doesn't get cars very often. Hopefully they get several shippers for the promo. The Dollar Generals around here are usually a disaster. Only one or 2 employees and crap everywhere in the aisles like a tornado went through.  

I've seen a couple DGs with some solid turnover, they are usually more up to date than my Wal-Mart is, for whatever that's worth.

I've also been to a couple stinkers. One of those stinkers provided me with a super, oddly enough

Share this comment

destroyah5000

Posted

There's not a Dollar General anywhere near my area. There's just too few K-Marts for these exclusives nowadays, huh?

Share this comment

Elmariachi

Posted

As long as I follow the isntructions, can the car be sent to a Canadian address?

Share this comment

lethalkrs

Posted

On 3/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, raceteam1967 said:

Well, there are enough DG’s around here in Middle TN. (Headquarters are in Goodletsville) that one could probably get 2-3 vehicles at ea. D.G. and STILL not hit ‘em all. They are literally 5 miles or so apart from one another. I commute approx. 15 miles, and I could hit 5 directly on the way- 8 if I go just a few more miles out of the way. They’re generally stocked with 30-70 Hot Wheels, and 25 or so M/B.

There is only 1 store within 20 miles of me and the last several times I have been in there, they had about 6-7 cars on the pegs.   Maybe I can hit up some stores on my drive to Charlotte at the end of the month!!!

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

11 hours ago, destroyah5000 said:

There's not a Dollar General anywhere near my area. There's just too few K-Marts for these exclusives nowadays, huh?

The City of Minneapolis announced yesterday that they bought the lease on the last remaining K-Mart in Minnesota and will close it at the end of June.

By my count, this brings the total number of K-Marts down to 44. California has the bulk of them (of course *eye roll*). So no, it's not feasible to run events at K-Mart anymore for any other reason than legacy purposes.

Share this comment

deltadawn

Posted

I live in one of those locations where there is not a Kmart, Kroger, Game Stop, or Dollar General. There used to be a Kmart in the next state over and I would get up super early and bike there (because I don't have a car) on event days. I was able to get a relative to buy some cars for me at a Kroger store so I could participate in that mail-in. Game Stop was the worse. I missed the very short window to buy online. The store in the next state over had 3 cars. I bought those hoping that I could eventually get more but they never received more stock during the remainder of the promotional period. I missed out on that one. I remember one time I had to buy a receipt off of someone online to participate in one of the mail-ins but I don't remember which one that was. I've also bought mail-ins off of people online. Not ideal but you gotta do what you gotta do. From my experience, Hot Wheels collectors are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. There are many out there that would be willing to help those that may have trouble. There may not be an easy answer to every problem but there are often many solutions for those willing to put in the effort.

• Like 1

Share this comment

dinocels

Posted

On 3/5/2020 at 5:09 PM, 94Blazer said:

I guess I don't understand the complaints. Dollar General is not in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, or Washington State. They also technically don't exist in DC, although they are very clearly within driving distance. 

Dollar General operates 15,000+ locations. McDonald's operates 14,000, Wal-Mart operates less than 5,000, and Target operates less than 2,000.

I couldn't find a solid number for K-Mart without manually counting all of them, but one figure I saw said there will be 45 K-Marts left in May of 2020. 

Again, I just don't understand the complaints. They are clearly in driving distance for 90+% of the population of the United States, and odds are they will expand into more in the coming years. It's a bummer if you don't have one right next to you, but this is clearly not a bad decision by Mattel.

I totally agree. If you want the mail in car you'll have plenty of them on fleabay to choose from

Share this comment

kicknchicken

Posted

I live in SE Kentucky, and Dollar General being the participating store is great for me. There was a Kmart 45 minutes from me and one an hour from me. Those have both closed now, and I couldn't tell you where the nearest one is now. I live at least a two hour drive from a Target, and a 45 minute drive from Walmart, GameStop, and Kroger. There are however three Dollar Generals nearby. The closest being 10 minutes away, and the farthest 20 minutes away. I also have a Walgreens about ten minutes away. So this year will be the first time I can participate in the mail-in promotion, and try to find some exclusive colors. Only thing is, like most people have been saying, my local Dollar Generals usually don't have 20 cars on the pegs. And when they do, there aren't 20 I'd want to buy. So Dollar General is going to have to keep more Hot Wheels in stock and on order. Otherwise, there won't be enough for more than one or two people to do the mail-in.

Share this comment

BABYRAIDER

Posted (edited)

man o man this is a ruddy, no stores around the El Monte area. Can you publish the information needed to purchase the  needed cars. I was wondering do you think Dollar General will be willing to fill a order for 20 Hotwheels by mail,will purchase a 62 car case if mattel is making them Available for purchase  I’m sure if I pick up three of this first model I’d be willing to trade for the next release and the 3 rd as well, we will see what happens, Thank you forany Help in answering my Questions God Bless keep on keeping on with your collection, Janes & Raider Sanchez 

Edited by BABYRAIDER

Share this comment

KURUMA55

Posted

Because it’s only 46 states and pretty much covers the east side for the most part. Better off choosing a store that covers a broad area and also have the option of buying online as well. 

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

17 hours ago, KURUMA55 said:

Because it’s only 46 states and pretty much covers the east side for the most part. Better off choosing a store that covers a broad area and also have the option of buying online as well. 

Like what, exactly? 

Wal-Mart is your only other realistic option, although they also have large open areas of space where they don't exist... 

Dollar General isn't just in the east. There are a bunch in the south and Midwest as well. Looks like California has quite a few too... 

Share this comment

Technician68

Posted

1 hour ago, 94Blazer said:

Like what, exactly? 

Wal-Mart is your only other realistic option, although they also have large open areas of space where they don't exist... 

Dollar General isn't just in the east. There are a bunch in the south and Midwest as well. Looks like California has quite a few too... 

I talked to a DG rep yesterday expressing concerns of the Corona Virus interfering with delivery tricks and delaying possible non- Soap- T.P and Paper towels filling up most of the trailer space. There are plenty of people hoardin CB these items and bottled drink water. Hoping this Friday’s delivery will show fresh cases!!

Share this comment