Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ROYALACCORD

Posted

So what are those of us who have no dollar general anywhere remotely near us, like all of Washington state supposed to do for this? Is there a way to order off the website like we could for gamestop last year? Would really suck if we have no way to get this. 

• Like 3

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

Lucky  l have one 5 minutes from work I'll take two please.

Share this comment

hey02fatboy

Posted

I think that's funny that I don't have permission to see the images. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

FOCUSW8

Posted

I'm willing to bet they will get a special display like Krogers did.

Share this comment

UMCCARS

Posted (edited)

Have one right around the corner. The woman there didn't even know anything about it 4 days ago when I asked. They do normally have enough cars but not really much selection. They also don't carry 9 packs and such, so singles will probably be the only option. The positive is, it will help them clear out old stuff and get new in. That's a bonus.  And you'll get an awesome Hot Wheel in the mail.

Edited by UMCCARS

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

14 hours ago, JERSEL said:

Will there be a collectors event???

Hopefully not. That sounds like a real hassle.

Share this comment

ZEROTHEWANDERER

Posted

"Fun and easy to get". Yeah, it's an old JDM wagon, and DG only stocks a minuscule amount of cars compared to anyone else that has done mail ins before, so I can see having to go to quite a few stores and just hope you find enough. With having their own exclusives and first to markets, I hope that the stores will get at least a fresh box or 2 each.

Share this comment

GREGORY_GDP

Posted

6 hours ago, ROYALACCORD said:

So what are those of us who have no dollar general anywhere remotely near us, like all of Washington state supposed to do for this? Is there a way to order off the website like we could for gamestop last year? Would really suck if we have no way to get this. 

Nothing in Idaho either seems to be an East Coast thing

• Like 1

Share this comment

HW_DUDE

Posted

do they offer posters anymore??

Share this comment

MTMCMAHAN

Posted

I'd buy old stuff on the pegs just to get that!....

Share this comment

Crohnenberg

Posted

I'm getting a "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."  message for a lot of the images despite being an RLC member?

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

7 hours ago, ROYALACCORD said:

.but it off eBay when it hits $20 bucks. There will be plenty. It's worth it since they are the ones doing Al the driving around and gas wasting. Though it takes a year or so to see them drop in price. I'm sure they will start off in the $40-50 range...

• Like 2

Share this comment

NOTHINGBUT696867

Posted

Would be nice to see the pictures?

Share this comment

KURUMA55

Posted

What’s the point of doing it at dollar general? Never even heard of the place in the PNW. Just stuck with Walmart or target where stores are everywhere. Hot wheels never seems to learn...

Share this comment

ROYALACCORD

Posted

31 minutes ago, KURUMA55 said:

What’s the point of doing it at dollar general? Never even heard of the place in the PNW. Just stuck with Walmart or target where stores are everywhere. Hot wheels never seems to learn...

Or even Kroger where many stores count....we have Fred Meyer up here they have Meijers on the east coast. 

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

41 minutes ago, KURUMA55 said:

They have something like 15,000 stores in 46 states. Why not go with Dollar General?

• Like 1

Share this comment

SCORPIONLC

Posted

38 minutes ago, 94Blazer said:

They have something like 15,000 stores in 46 states. Why not go with Dollar General?

Because Dollar General is only in 46 states... what about the others that don't have one?

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

13 minutes ago, SCORPIONLC said:

Because Dollar General is only in 46 states... what about the others that don't have one?

Can't please everyone I guess...

Share this comment

You can use multiple receipts as long as they equal $20 or more from those dates

Share this comment

Bangski

Posted

do i have to buy those 7 choices? or other cars too?

Share this comment

DonsHWs

Posted

31 minutes ago, Marke1 said:

You can use multiple receipts as long as they equal $20 or more from those dates

Multiple receipts with 20 cars, not $20 worth of cars....  

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

6 minutes ago, Bangski said:

No. Any mainlines DG has will most likely be eligible.

• Like 1

Share this comment

DonsHWs

Posted

7 minutes ago, Bangski said:

Read the official rules above....  You may already have cards with the appropriate assortment numbers. 

Share this comment

Yea sorry 20 cars not $20 on multiple receipts 

Share this comment