Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Kasteer

Posted

I Sent in for 2 over a month ago.  Neither check has been cashed yet tho.  

Share this comment

BABYRAIDER

Posted

That’s a lot of Krogers yet in the San Gabriel lvalley none of the special totes have found their way to the floor. When I asked they looked at me like WTBlank are you talking about.

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

For those wondering why they've yet to receive confirmation, this may explain it;

Due to unforeseen circumstances, our Consumer Support and Inventory teams are currently operating at limited capacity.
These limitations may cause longer than usual delays in receiving service or the shipment of product and parts. We apologize
for any inconvenience but assure you we are working hard to ensure all requests and orders are processed as efficiently
as possible. We appreciate your patience.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Brian Jr n otis

Posted

So if only 10 per household and 20 is required am I supposed to ask my neighbor to buy cars for me at dollar general 

Share this comment

Just wondering if anybody has gotten there yet I order two of them the same day when they were up for sale set everything in haven't got them yet I've already sent in or the second one haven't got it yet was wondering what was going on with them

Share this comment

MustangDak77

Posted

Do I send a money order along with the printed and filled out form? If I pay $4.99 with my card on that form site and print that form. Do I still send a money order/check? And Just to be clear. Send the cards in a bubble mailer and the receipt and the form in which I paid $4.99 with card. correct? Am I missing anything? Also what address do I ship to? The same one that I would make the check/money order out to? The same one in this article. If anyone wants to help me out I thank you! 

Share this comment

truenogt86

Posted

5 hours ago, MustangDak77 said:

Do I send a money order along with the printed and filled out form? If I pay $4.99 with my card on that form site and print that form. Do I still send a money order/check? And Just to be clear. Send the cards in a bubble mailer and the receipt and the form in which I paid $4.99 with card. correct? Am I missing anything? Also what address do I ship to? The same one that I would make the check/money order out to? The same one in this article. If anyone wants to help me out I thank you! 

If you paid online with card then that's it you dont need a another check or money only of you didn't pay with card.

Share this comment

MustangDak77

Posted

On 5/25/2020 at 9:34 AM, truenogt86 said:

If you paid online with card then that's it you dont need a another check or money only of you didn't pay with card.

So now do I have to print it. I have to find a printer asap then

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

On 5/26/2020 at 6:39 PM, MustangDak77 said:

Yes you sill got to print out order form include it with the card backs, cut out the bar code from the order form and put it on the front of package as per the instructions you should have read.

Share this comment

THEREDREVEREND

Posted

I am pretty disappointed about this Dollar General "event." We have two stores in our area and they have had next to nothing for cars. Only one of the store got exclusives and very few at that. I have been calling them or visiting every week to no avail. At least with the Gamestop event they had cars. I am not sure if this is on Hot Wheels and Mattel or Dollar General but this is a joke. I am not even going to be able to make the order to get the mail in. 

Share this comment

Aaronwyatt1981

Posted

On 5/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, MustangDak77 said:

Or like I do every time there is a mail in just take a small sheet of paper and on it write ur name, address, and the numbers on the thing u are soposed to print out and stick the paper inside ur envelope with ur cardbacks. Also write the numbers under ur return address on the outside of the envelope. Just like the print out would have been. And ur good. I’ve gotten many many mail ins this way. I don’t have access to a printer and this works and is easier than trying to find one. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Chodges

Posted

What is the address that I need to mail these into. And do I need any other forms or anything other then cars backs and receipts?

Share this comment

glassdigger50

Posted

Thanks for the info D-rock240. Would have replied sooner but I have been busy, Thank again for the reply.

• Like 1

Share this comment

GARKABIG

Posted

I finally was able to find a Dollar General that had cars in stock. But I see that the mail in ended at the end of May. Did Mattel extend this mail in because of Covid-19? Would I still be able to mail in my card backs on Monday? I know its a few days past June 4th which was the last day they could be postmarked.

• Like 1

Share this comment

MARTINIRACING962

Posted

On 6/7/2020 at 7:40 AM, GARKABIG said:

I finally was able to find a Dollar General that had cars in stock. But I see that the mail in ended at the end of May. Did Mattel extend this mail in because of Covid-19? Would I still be able to mail in my card backs on Monday? I know its a few days past June 4th which was the last day they could be postmarked.

I would like to know as well, I could not use the internet because NJ had a mini hurricane that took out my router ;(

• Like 1

Share this comment

DMDave

Posted

I am bit frustrated with the time frame of the promotion, especially dealing with current pandemic situation. I made my purchases and now I can't claim them. The post mark having to be 4 days after the last day to buy, then a health issue in the family that came up caused more to deal with. Now I can't print my form, even though I can get the package to be delivered by the 15th of June by paying for extra shipping. Really wish the time frame was better, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic that has caused a lot of additional issues.

Share this comment

syquest

Posted

Because of the virus as well, I just received my extra cars, do I still have time to mail this? since june 4th has passed?? I been waiting to  see if its ok?? I don't see the link to the mail in form for this one??

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

I just got a confirmation on the one i sent in in may but they still haven't processed the first order i sent in. WTF

Share this comment

JimmyTurner96

Posted

OH BOY!!!  I HAVE IT!!!  I checked the mail and I have it!  The Nissan Skyline Van is in my hands now; and it looks GORGEOUS!!!  And would you believe I also got the Datsun 240z (Motortrend) as well?  That's two special cars in my hands on the SAME DAY!!!  Today must be my day! :)

• Like 1

Share this comment

NeroC24

Posted

still no confirmation...

Share this comment

AZCoyote26

Posted

Just got a tracking number! Excited!

• Like 1

Share this comment

ADAMHAMRICK2012

Posted

Mine has been delivered since May 4th and I haven't heard anything yet.  I've trying to give them time with the way things are, but I am also wondering what's going in over 2 months.  Especially since other cars are shipping from them.  Might be a different department or something?

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

They took so long to process my order that my credit card expired. Now i got to take time out of work to call them Monday because there is no way to update the order with new credit card info.. if you got a new card since you ordered call them with card info and order numbers before you get a letter like i did. Ohh btw What is this 30 days to reply to a letter that takes 5 days to get here on a Saturday I included an email address is it too hard to contact me that way instead of running out the clock with snail mail?

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

On 6/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, JWMajic said:

They took so long to process my order that my credit card expired. Now i got to take time out of work to call them Monday because there is no way to update the order with new credit card info.. if you got a new card since you ordered call them with card info and order numbers before you get a letter like i did. Ohh btw What is this 30 days to reply to a letter that takes 5 days to get here on a Saturday I included an email address is it too hard to contact me that way instead of running out the clock with snail mail?

Wow what a circus.. for those who are wondering when i talked to them they said they just started on the orders that came in April. apparently the computer system kicked out the credit card info because it took longer than 45 days to process the order. i just cant wait to do this again on the other 3 orders. only spent a hour on hold today.

Share this comment