Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

64th Street Garage

Posted

My dollar General in my area just got the advertisement case only one case. They wouldn’t let me keep the case even though I bought all the cars😡. They said they need to refill it. I told them they get a new one with a fresh case. I grew up in retail and put many displays up. The other Dollar General in the next town still doesn’t have any new varieties. Got enough for my mail in but it’s late for the advertising shipper to be just showing up. The store has been vacant of hot wheels  since my attempt to get my 20 for the mail in. They had 18. Matchbox had a full rack though. Mattel should let us include them also, at least there would have been more stock to choose from.

Share this comment

64th Street Garage

Posted

I tried to do the Kroger site on line to order my hot wheels. I don’t have any Kroger’s by me. The site said no items available. Is under something else besides hot wheels. If anyone can help that would be very appreciated.

Share this comment

64th Street Garage

Posted

On 4/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, JSTICK54 said:

Finally our local Dollar General Stores are receiving the exclusive case, but only one case per store. A side note, the local Dollar Trees are getting the Kroger exclusive cases. Go figure!

Does the receipt from the dollar tree count for the kroger store  monza. I have dollar tree but no Kroger stores.

Share this comment

SirJay

Posted

Hey I got one dollar general on my city n they don't have any hot wheels wtf? They said hot wheels only come once a month and someone already bought last months batch. Other dollar generals near by are like 50 miles away n they don't know anything about the event. How am I suppose to get this if I can't buy 20 hot wheels.

Share this comment

Chlaredo

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 4:18 PM, 64th Street Garage said:

Does the receipt from the dollar tree count for the kroger store  monza. I have dollar tree but no Kroger stores.

NO it does not, the receipt is only valid for the vehicle described by the Dollar General promotion. I have no access to the Dollar general offer as there is no dollar general here. I do have Fred Meyer (a Kroger affiliate).

Share this comment

HWBUS

Posted

There’s one store in Orange County they have not received any cars how are we going to get this nice job mattel you Gus need to figure this out tired of all the crap we go thru u would try harder

Share this comment

truenogt86

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 12:49 AM, eltonillo said:

Has anybody received any notifications from Mattel? I sent everything about a month and a half ago and haven't heard anything 

Nope in the same boat as you.

Share this comment

C10Bonanza

Posted

10 hours ago, truenogt86 said:

Nope in the same boat as you.

Same here! I bought enough for 2 cars and haven't heard anything. Makes me scared to do the Kroger give away car.

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, 64th Street Garage said:

Dollar Tree or Dollar General?  No, a Dollar Tree receipt will not count for either promotion, and a Dollar General receipt will only work for the Dollar General promotion. 

Share this comment

HUMVEETECH

Posted

With these certain store only released Hot Wheels, you would have more participation if you actually included more cars exclusive.  If your doing a case of 36 cars, make 25 cars exclusive.  You would help that store clean pegs of the product making them or other stores more in tune to doing it. Object here is to sell the product, not overly mass produce the same vehicle and slam the shelves with that same product.  And maybe do something with some of the designs, some should just be sent to the Final Run series and molds destroyed.

I think I have bought less Hot Wheels in the last 10 years and it has declined rapidly since 2000 when you went nuts with the First Editions from 12 and the Segment Series with 4 cars each. You lost your touch on nice sets.  Like those sets you pushed out during the 90's.  The first Final Run Series was awesome, but make it junk last couple years out.

Now, its cars of some ugly design, you totally messed up the treasure hunt line up. Not sure what clown thought removing the green stripe would actually stop case openers from grabbing them.  But I dont know any person who opens a fresh case doesnt look through the cars to find the treasure hunt so removing that stripe was pretty much pointless

Share this comment

VERA LYNN

Posted

On 5/8/2020 at 4:36 AM, C10Bonanza said:

Same here! I bought enough for 2 cars and haven't heard anything. Makes me scared to do the Kroger give away car.

I recieved confirmation on the 4th I had just sent another 20 cards of just in case and got a email 20 minutes later .

Share this comment

glassdigger50

Posted

Can all the packs be L2593 because that's all I can find?

Share this comment

JSTICK54

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, 64th Street Garage said:

No the do not. Kroger only but the cards can from anywhere you buy them. The Kroger exclusives cases are the first set from last years (gold toaster}.

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

On 5/8/2020 at 2:36 AM, C10Bonanza said:

In with you guys I sent in cards for two and paid online. Received confirmation pretty quick but that was about a month ago.

Share this comment

InkedHWLover

Posted

Hi,

Could Someone Help Me Out ...Do I Just Purchase 20 Random Cars To Be Able To Qualify Or Do They Have To Be A Certain 20??

Share this comment

Jbillet84

Posted

Is there a way to track your order if you did participate? I assume you'll get a confirmation email or something after you send in all the required items.?

Share this comment

GIJOSER

Posted

Sent mine on April 10. It was received on April 13. May 12 now and I have yet to receive any kind of confirmation. Typically,(and yes I realize the present is not typical) I get confirmation within two weeks of it been received. Good thing I added tracking to it.

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

16 minutes ago, GIJOSER said:

Sent mine on April 10. It was received on April 13. May 12 now and I have yet to receive any kind of confirmation. Typically,(and yes I realize the present is not typical) I get confirmation within two weeks of it been received. Good thing I added tracking to it.

I noticed when I sent in my Kroger Chevy Monza it said it was back ordered till the end of May I'm going to guess this is too and they just haven't said anything.

Share this comment

lsvtecdc4

Posted

Probably already know the answer is no but want to confirm.

If my receipt has the Pearl & Chrome mainlines listed on the receipts, those will not be eligible correct?

Share this comment

ALOHATED

Posted

Would have been nice to get the Dollar General Repaints but of the 6 stores in my area, none got them. Perhaps the next mail in exclusive cases/displays will be more evenly distributed.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

D-rock240

Posted

On 5/12/2020 at 9:09 AM, InkedHWLover said:

Hi,

Could Someone Help Me Out ...Do I Just Purchase 20 Random Cars To Be Able To Qualify Or Do They Have To Be A Certain 20??

Easiest way is any mainlines with the L2593 code on the back of the card (directly above the UPC barcode). If you need pictures they were posted on a previous page.

On 5/11/2020 at 11:59 AM, glassdigger50 said:

Can all the packs be L2593 because that's all I can find?

Yes

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

On 5/18/2020 at 5:54 PM, D-rock240 said:

Easiest way is any mainlines with the L2593 code on the back of the card (directly above the UPC barcode). If you need pictures they were posted on a previous page.

Yes

Short cards (5785 assortment code) and the international cards that have the C4982 assortment code work too.

Share this comment

VINKEARNS

Posted

Has anyone received this car, or any information regarding the car since mailing in their receipt and blister cards? I haven't even received a confirmation that they received my receipts / blister cards, but according to my tracking number they received them March 20th, wth? Not even a confirmation of receipt and it's almost the end of May?:classic_angry:

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

1 hour ago, VINKEARNS said:

Has anyone received this car, or any information regarding the car since mailing in their receipt and blister cards? I haven't even received a confirmation that they received my receipts / blister cards, but according to my tracking number they received them March 20th, wth? Not even a confirmation of receipt and it's almost the end of May?:classic_angry:

Just got confirmation that they received my cards and receipt. I'm just waiting for shipping confirmation.

• Like 1

Share this comment