Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ECCHOPPER

Posted

You should receive an email like this:

We thought you would like to know that your order has been received and is being processed.  We'll send another email with shipping information when this order ships.

But that could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

IdealHotWheels

Posted

You would think Mattel would charter hot wheels to these stores in light of this promotion to capitalize on sales. My DG's are trash and the last thing they are worried about is keeping stock or stocking HW. All the ones in my area about 10 or so run HW stock empty and stays that way for weeks. 

Share this comment

WATERSWORKS28

Posted

On 4/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, ECCHOPPER said:

You should receive an email like this:

We thought you would like to know that your order has been received and is being processed.  We'll send another email with shipping information when this order ships.

But that could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. 

It's been over a month since I mail them, and I haven't received this email. I see via delivery confirmation from the USPS that it had arrived in Aurora, NY on March 17th.

Share this comment

Valrae420

Posted

i work at DG in 3 different locations. Each store has received a completely different set ... So excited I was able to complete my 20. Little disheartened I had to open them. I don't like them opened  

On 3/4/2020 at 9:58 PM, 94Blazer said:

Every DG I've been too has a sufficient amount of cars to fulfill the requirement for the mail-in, BUT, they never have a lot of variety.

I'm really only interested in doing the mail-in if a significant portion of my haul is cars I actually want in my collection. 20 random cars that I wouldn't otherwise buy just isn't good.

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

They should extend this mail-in promotion because of what is going on right now with this virus. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

Dragoon

Posted

Normally I only get one or two mail ins, but the week before Easter Dollar General was selling Hot Wheels 2 for 1, so I loaded up on them. I managed to find all the exclusives and first to market car. 

Share this comment

n2cr8zysht

Posted

I Found all of My DOLLAR GENERAL EXCLUSIVE VARIATIONS & FIRST-TO-MARKET Hot Wheels..

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted

Is this being extended due to Covid-19? I have no reason to go to Dollar General other than to buy Hot Wheels. They should be extending this to when people can actually go out and hunt for Hot Wheels. 

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

People are hunting anyway. Rather irresponsible of Mattel to not postpone this. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted

55 minutes ago, ECCHOPPER said:

People are hunting anyway. Rather irresponsible of Mattel to not postpone this. 

Yeah I can see that. I mean when I’m in Target or Walmart for essential stuff I do take a walk by the Hot Wheels aisle, but I’m not going out of my way to hunt Hot Wheels. Especially not going to Dollar General when I normally wouldn’t shop there 

Share this comment

Jmac1978

Posted

I’m not able to access the order form to complete entire process....order form page will not load/open.

Share this comment

Kthoms85

Posted

Do I have to send in the receipts AND the cards of each car? Or can I just send in my receipts? I dont take my cars out of the packaging

• Confused 1

Share this comment

syquest

Posted

So if we send in the original receipts , can we send copy’s of all the blister cards?I am a collector, so I keep them in the package. I missed out on the last one because I do not want to open any of my cars. Plus the shipping is heavy for these events @ these trying times since we have to buy 20’

• Confused 1

Share this comment

JSTICK54

Posted

Finally our local Dollar General Stores are receiving the exclusive case, but only one case per store. A side note, the local Dollar Trees are getting the Kroger exclusive cases. Go figure!

Share this comment

None of the Dollar General stores in my area haven't received even one special case. I spoke with the managers at several different stores and they said that some Dollar Generals aren't set up for these types of cases and that they won't get them. It's just not right that entire regions of stores won't be able to get these special cars. Why would Mattel do a special deal with a national chain that won't end up stocking them in a large portion of their stores?

• Haha 1

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted (edited)

YES, you have to send in 20 cards.  Buy 20  openers.  

NO...you cannot send in "copies" of the cards. 

Edited by ECCHOPPER

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

Out of the 4 DGs in my area, I've managed to find 2 exclusive Mustangs and 1 Camaro.

Still not happy about hunting for Hot Wheels during a pandemic. 

I know these are unprecedented times, but I would think Mattel could have postponed this and the Krogers mail in promos. 

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ECCHOPPER said:

Out of the 4 DGs in my area, I've managed to find 2 exclusive Mustangs and 1 Camaro.

Still not happy about hunting for Hot Wheels during a pandemic. 

I know these are unprecedented times, but I would think Mattel could have postponed this and the Krogers mail in promos. 

It’s annoying that they are not addressing this. It’s pretty irresponsible of them actually. Obviously we have a bunch of irresponsible people in here that don’t seem to care either, and are just going to continue to hunt. 

I commented about this on the Hot Wheels Instagram page and someone told me I had a “lame excuse” for not going out and hunting for these. Really? A pandemic and a state shutdown is a lame excuse? 

Edited by jghopslam
  • Like 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

Please stop asking the SAME questions - read the flippin instructions!  AND: if you don't want to open your cars, get the -->PROMO<-- from another venue.

I do buy ESSENTIALS at DG during this pandemic (& I grabbed some HW while there).

BTW: i'm so glad that there were "HOARDER & FAKE COLLECTORS" at the 8-10 Conventions & Nationals that my FAMILY has attended.  THAT is why we spent a great deal of money to fly or drive there.   We met a lot of friends & NICE people there.

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

i have cash receipt(s) for 20 or 40 Dollar General HW.  I need Kroger  receipts.

Can somebody HELP me on this site?  

Share this comment

rolandup2000

Posted

I miss K-day already and the E-Sheets oh how sad we lost the E-sheets.

Share this comment

rolandup2000

Posted

jimmee442 I have tons of king soopers around but don't need the DG receipts.

Share this comment

brzkshadow

Posted

Where can I get the list of the cars that qualify for this event?

Share this comment

eltonillo

Posted

Has anybody received any notifications from Mattel? I sent everything about a month and a half ago and haven't heard anything 

Share this comment