Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (PROMOTION HAS ENDED), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks after June 8th, 2020 for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ECCHOPPER

Posted (edited)

On 3/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, Drewski574 said:

Hey all, I got my 20, completed my online order and printed off the form. The instructions state "cut out and past the top portion of this page on the outside of your envelope or package" Is that referring to the address section to the right under "Order Successful"? Do I also include the barcode to the right of the mailing address?

Thanks in advance!

Drew

You can hand write the address, or tape it to the envelope. You can also include the bar code. 

Edited by ECCHOPPER

Share this comment

AZCoyote26

Posted

Got my cards and check packed up and ready to mail tomorrow. I imagine with the New York lockdown though it might be longer than 8-12 weeks for delivery perhaps.

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

Any word on if the cases with the exclusives showed up anywhere? I'm still not seeing the Camaro on eBay.

I'm probably not going to make it out to look for cars at DG again until this COVID-19 thing dies down, but I'd like to know what other folks are finding.

• Like 1

Share this comment

ElectroChromatic

Posted

West michigan stores getting "new" D case mix and Matchbox... sweet

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

chevyC10

Posted

With the current pandemic/lockdown and lack of specific  stores in all areas  I have an idea for the next mail in. Blister cards only with no retailer proof of purchase. This will make it available to everyone in all areas.  This will also make it more efficient  for Mattel to process as they do not have to verify every receipt. Less paper waste to be thrown away as well.

Share this comment

BOYTOY4U

Posted

found the new promo display at dollar general  !!!!!!

Share this comment

BOYTOY4U

Posted

On 3/31/2020 at 1:44 PM, 94Blazer said:

Any word on if the cases with the exclusives showed up anywhere? I'm still not seeing the Camaro on eBay.

I'm probably not going to make it out to look for cars at DG again until this COVID-19 thing dies down, but I'd like to know what other folks are finding.

found the new dollar general promo

Share this comment

THEXROCK

Posted

So today my dollar general has a buy 1 hot wheel/matchbox get one free, but my question is if i do that, will that still count for the promo since i m technically not buying all 20? 

Share this comment

Afuchs86

Posted

Just asking if anyone has started seeing their orders start shipping to them?  There are bigger things going on that are more serious, but just wanted to see if anyone has received theirs?  Stay safe and thank you!

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

16 hours ago, THEXROCK said:

So today my dollar general has a buy 1 hot wheel/matchbox get one free, but my question is if i do that, will that still count for the promo since i m technically not buying all 20? 

You're still buying 20, because technically each car on the receipt is reduced to $0.50.

Share this comment

THEXROCK

Posted

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_A_TEST_86 said:

You're still buying 20, because technically each car on the receipt is reduced to $0.50.

Oh ok, thats true, didnt think about that, thanks man.

Share this comment

Kasteer

Posted

FYI... in case anyone else did...   So forgot to put the printed form inside the envelope.  Called Mattel and they said no problem.  So long as I have my name and address in the envelope (which I did), then no problem.  She said the form is just for the name, address, phone #.

Share this comment

SLUGGO1

Posted

Hope anyone interested in the Dollar General mail-in, hears that they're (Dollar General) offering a BUY-ONE, GET-ONE-FREE SPECIAL going on this week (through Saturday, April 11th, I believe). Store in my area got THIRTY-FIVE cases!! (unfortunately, someone in the store said they didn't want that many and would be sending some back...) From the special "display" case and 2 or 3 cases-worth on the pegs, I had my best-ever day as a collector!! I found a Honda CR-X $uper TH, Tooned Daytona Reg TH, Arkham Batmobile Reg TH, "ID" Series Time Attaxi  (in really nice orange spectraflame), 3 of the 4 Exclusives (all but the Deora III) and lots of other new releases and recolors. DEFINITELY a great selection and more than enough cars to get the required receipts. 

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

On 4/7/2020 at 2:44 AM, Afuchs86 said:

Just asking if anyone has started seeing their orders start shipping to them?  There are bigger things going on that are more serious, but just wanted to see if anyone has received theirs?  Stay safe and thank you!

I haven't and was also curious about this...sent all my stuff in around the 17th of March. 

Share this comment

Tyler0106

Posted

On 4/7/2020 at 4:44 AM, Afuchs86 said:

It says they will ship around 8-12 weeks after they receive your order. It hasn't even been 4 weeks since the promotion started. 

Share this comment

WATERSWORKS28

Posted

7 hours ago, Jonwon79 said:

I haven't and was also curious about this...sent all my stuff in around the 17th of March. 

I too mailed mine around March 17th  and have my delivery confirmation that it was delivered in NY. Hoping Mattel has it in their possession. Just haven't received email from Mattel that they received it.

Share this comment

I just read 10 pages of the same questions being asked over and over again. This is a message board, people. You are allowed to click "forums" and see what is going on in "finds" forum.

This isn't an Instagram or a Facebook post that's one dimensional. Step inside and see what's to offer...

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

totlyinluv

Posted

Do you have to mail in the cards from the hot wheels cars?  I don't open mine.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Teenbean33

Posted

Does pearl and chrome cars count towards the promotion?

• Confused 1

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

59 minutes ago, Teenbean33 said:

No only main line cars count. The assortment code the rules refer to are found above the bar code on the back of the card. If you go back a page or two here I posted an explanation of what assortment codes are accepted and how to find them with pictures... Just dig back a little.

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

On 4/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, totlyinluv said:

Do you have to mail in the cards from the hot wheels cars?  I don't open mine.

Yes you do.

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

3 hours ago, Teenbean33 said:

no they don't. Wrong assortment number.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Teenbean33

Posted

2 hours ago, ECCHOPPER said:

no they don't. Wrong assortment number.

Ok thanks!

Share this comment

I_am_a_aron

Posted

I paid for the 10 cars with confirmation emails back in the middle of March. I sent in the 200 back for qualifying cars from DG as well, however no confirmation for receiving either of the 2 bundles/packages. Im a first year RLC member, is this normal? Should I assume the backs were received and nothing else to do but wait?

Thanks

Share this comment