Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!

By Gary Barnum

NOTE: Our usual specially packed cases with exclusive variations have been unavoidably delayed and are not currently available in most stores, but they will be available at a later date. We'll be sure to let you know when to start looking for them, but keep in mind that the promotion will remain open until May 30, 2020!

Not only are our HW Collector Editions valuable additions to your own Hot Wheels garage, but they’re also fun and easy to get. The first mail-in promotion of 2020 is this ’69 Nissan Skyline Van! Get your 20 qualifying Hot Wheels cars at Dollar General stores from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20.

GJJ79_PIP.png 

GJJ79_001_c.png
GJJ79_002_c.png
GJJ79_003_c.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping; Hot Wheels logo on sides; “1” on hood and sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders classic 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Want to get off to a valuable start for your 20 cars? Make sure you visit your local Dollar General stores for the Dollar General Exclusive mix! Available only in stores (find a store near you here), the mix will feature the following Dollar General Exclusive variations and first-to-market releases:

Dollar General Exclusive variations:

• ’49 Volkswagen Beetle PickupRod Squad (Metalflake satin gray)
  • ’65 Mustang 2+2 FastbackHW Speed Graphics (White)
  • ’18 COPO Camaro® SS™HW Dream Garage (Candy red)
  • Deora IIIHW Metro (Turquoise)

First-To-Market:

• Honda S2000Honda (Light yellow)
  • Jaguar XJ220HW Exotics (Metalflake polo)
  • Twin Mill Gen-EHW Dream Garage (Anodized apple red)

To get your Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating Dollar General locations from 3/15/20 to 5/30/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form (fill out the form and print it), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to:

’69 Nissan Skyline Van

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 6/4/20 and received by 6/15/20. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van. Allow 8 - 12 weeks for receipt of vehicle.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’69 Nissan Skyline Van From Dollar General!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Certainly will be trying to get this one in my paws !

• Haha 1

Share this comment

PHILFRY

Posted (edited)

What permission do I need to see the Exclusives and First-to-Market photos?

Edited by PHILFRY
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

Seems there is problems with the images

Share this comment

MAELSTROM

Posted

Checking on image issue.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

lethalkrs

Posted

What Dollar Generals actually carry enough Hot Wheels to do this mail in???  Certainly none of the ones I go to unless you are the first person there on restock day!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Benjamin2000

Posted

What case code will the exclusives be in?

• Like 2

Share this comment

Will there be a collectors event???

• Like 3

Share this comment

Funkvdub

Posted

Can we buy cases online? 

• Like 4

Share this comment

STANG.MAN

Posted

Looks like a good looking vehicle, I may try to get one....

Share this comment

NOTHINGBUT696867

Posted

2 hours ago, Hipp0 said:

Seems there is problems with the images

I see that also?

• Like 1

Share this comment

LittleDrew

Posted

Can someone help, I can't go to the forums as it states I need to be registered user or a rlc member. 

Share this comment

Chlaredo

Posted

Now I just need to find some dollar generals

• Like 1

Share this comment

raceteam1967

Posted

4 hours ago, lethalkrs said:

What Dollar Generals actually carry enough Hot Wheels to do this mail in???  Certainly none of the ones I go to unless you are the first person there on restock day!

Well, there are enough DG’s around here in Middle TN. (Headquarters are in Goodletsville) that one could probably get 2-3 vehicles at ea. D.G. and STILL not hit ‘em all. They are literally 5 miles or so apart from one another. I commute approx. 15 miles, and I could hit 5 directly on the way- 8 if I go just a few more miles out of the way. They’re generally stocked with 30-70 Hot Wheels, and 25 or so M/B.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Will stores actually get stock for the mail-in?

• Like 3

Share this comment

JST33ZY313

Posted

I'll be making my rounds tomorrow to collect. Be nice if the images are up by then of the variations!!! Looking forward to this year of collecting since I'm also a first year member.

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

Are cases containing the exclusives and first-to-market cars going to be put out on the 15th, or are they going to get put out whenever?

• Like 2

Share this comment

JessBQuiet

Posted

I live in the Pacific Northwest, we have dollar tree. Will they be participating? Is Dollar Tree and Dollar General one in the same? What are my options if not?

Share this comment

94Blazer

Posted

4 hours ago, lethalkrs said:

Every DG I've been too has a sufficient amount of cars to fulfill the requirement for the mail-in, BUT, they never have a lot of variety.

I'm really only interested in doing the mail-in if a significant portion of my haul is cars I actually want in my collection. 20 random cars that I wouldn't otherwise buy just isn't good.

• Like 3

Share this comment

BUZZ_17

Posted

how many stores will have 20 cars to buy? 

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted (edited)

That 1969 Nissan skyline van station wagon mail-in car is awesome. 👍I will be getting my 20 mainline hotwheels to send in for the mail-in 1969 Nissan skyline van station wagon so I can it to my hotwheels collection and I will be getting the exclusive recolor cars and the first to market cars and I will be adding all of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

Edited by SAMACE26

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

Be sure to check the dates to purchase the 20 cars, starting 3/15/20 and ending 5/30/20. Last year I bought my 20 cars a week early not paying attention to the rules (the date on the receipt shows when purchased) and my order was denied. I won't make that mistake again.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thomasonry

Posted

So what are the members that don’t live anywhere close to a dollar general supposed to do? 

• Like 3

Share this comment

Razorback 199

Posted

Is there any 20 packs that qualify for this mail in? I know Target last year had 20 packs that qualified. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

PHILFRY

Posted

30 minutes ago, Razorback 199 said:

Is there any 20 packs that qualify for this mail in? I know Target last year had 20 packs that qualified. 

Nope. Rules states 20 basics.

Phil

Share this comment