Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback Mail-in Offer!

By Gary Barnum

For our next mail-in HW Collector Edition of 2020, we’ve used the ’65 Volkswagen Fastback to add a little extra fun! To participate in this promotion, purchase $20 worth of Hot Wheels cars and/or multipacks from designated assortments at Target stores and/or Target.com between 6/14/20 and 8/7/20.

GJJ78_004.png

GJJ78_001.png
GJJ78_002.png
GJJ78_003.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening body
  • Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo and “4” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Get a head start on your promotion! There will be a special mix available only in stores (find a store here) with the following Target Exclusive variations (Red Editions) and First-to-Market releases (availability subject to change):

Target Exclusive variations:

’68 Shelby GT500™ – HW Flames (White)

Custom Otto – Muscle Mania (Red)

McLaren P1™ – HW Exotics (White)

First-to-Market releases:

’84 Pontiac® Firebird™ – Muscle Mania

Custom ’18 Ford Mustang GT – HW Race Team

Dodge Charger Drift – HW Rescue

To get your Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy $20 worth (before taxes) of selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars or multipacks at participating Target stores and/or Target.com from 6/14/20 to 8/7/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

We've heard your feedback on prior mail-in programs this year, and given that some people are shopping more online, we wanted to be sure to be inclusive to everyone. Though some of our materials were printed prior to the decision being made, both sets of rules will be honored to the benefit of the collector.  Therefore whether you buy 20 cars or you buy $20 worth, you can redeem for the ’65 Volkswagen Fastback.

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register and/or online receipt(s) dated from June 14, 2020 to August 7, 2020, b) blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) or UPC codes from multipacks for each Promotional Vehicle you are requesting (limit of 10 (ten) Promotional Vehicles per person, household and/or address), c) the completed order form (fill out the form and print it), and d) a check or money order (unless you pay online via credit card) payable to Mattel, Inc. for $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order:

’65 Volkswagen Fastback Vehicle

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 8/11/20 and received by 8/18/20. The completed mail-in order form must accompany your request.

NOTE: Packing slips for Target.com orders will not be accepted as proof of purchase; you must send the online receipt you received when the order was processed.

Although you may purchase your qualifying basic cars on separate receipts within the Promotional Period, there is a limit of 1 (one) Promotional Vehicle for every $20 of basic cars or multipacks within the Promotional Period, regardless of how many receipts those cars are on. Offer is limited to 10 (ten) ’65 Volkswagen Fastback vehicles per person, household, and/or address.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback Vehicle in 8-12 weeks after August 18, 2020.

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Dodge and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2020 FCA US LLC.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback Mail-in Offer!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

SHIRTMAN

Posted

On 6/29/2020 at 11:38 PM, SHIRTMAN said:

I just tried to fill out the order form for this mail in, entered all the info on all the pages just to get to the page you print, only to be told it's Down For Maintenance.

It would have been nice to see that info on the first page, so as not to have done all that for nothing.

So Mattel, How About Fixing That??

Oh, all you guys complaining about the pegs in your local Target stores being empty or having old case cars on them, try living on Maui, we are 2 to 3 months behind at times on new cases, both at Target and Wal-Mart, you lucky you guys. There are lots of collectors here too.

OK, now the order forms are working, just filled out and printed them, Mahalo Mattel!!

Share this comment

SHIRTMAN

Posted

On 7/2/2020 at 9:41 AM, Papichu7773 said:

Do you need to send the hot wheels in too?

NO.

Share this comment

SHIRTMAN

Posted

On 6/30/2020 at 7:57 PM, VICIOUSONE said:

site had issues just now......."site under maintenance" after i just tried to pay shipping .........grrrrrrrrrrr

Just printed mine, try it now.

Share this comment

Nate78us

Posted

On 6/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, ciscokid said:

Not 20 cars, but $20 (before taxes) of Hot Wheels® 1:64 basic cars or multipacks.

Uh so before taxes well since basics are a buck and 5 packs are 5 dollars. 20 cars correct?

Share this comment

ORANGEBEARD

Posted

So, I’m trying to do this remotely by ordering online from the Target app. How do I cross-reference or know which packs align to which UPC numbers?

I want to make sure I buy cars that are eligible for this promotion. 

thanks!

Share this comment

ORANGEBEARD

Posted

9 hours ago, Nate78us said:

Uh so before taxes well since basics are a buck and 5 packs are 5 dollars. 20 cars correct?

For this promo they will honor either, or: 20 cars or $20 (before tax).

I just don’t know which ones qualify for online purchases. See my question in previous post.  ☝️

Share this comment

When i tried to save my order blank/confirmation to print later, only the home page comes up, who or where can I get copies of my order confirmations? Can anybody  help PLEUncle Bob

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

UBTOYZ, You'll get an email with a case number that will start off with;

"The following request has been received. We'll send another email with shipping information when this order ships."

Share this comment

Nate78us

Posted

On 7/6/2020 at 6:50 PM, ORANGEBEARD said:

For this promo they will honor either, or: 20 cars or $20 (before tax).

I just don’t know which ones qualify for online purchases. See my question in previous post.  ☝️

Ok gotcha ya

Share this comment

mills1972

Posted

Question everyone - I have purchased some duplicates - some at Target some at WM & DG - but can't remember which ones I bought at Target.  How are we supposed to ensure we send in the right card?  I have bought about $30 worth of cars from Target but didn't keep them separate from my other hauls.

Thanks in advance!!!

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

Mills, it doesn't matter where you bought them, really. As long as the assortment number is correct.

Share this comment

mills1972

Posted

7 hours ago, ECCHOPPER said:

Mills, it doesn't matter where you bought them, really. As long as the assortment number is correct.

Where do we check the assortment number?  On the back of the cards?

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted (edited)

Yes, right above the UPC code.

assortment numbers GBG98, GBG99, GBH00, GBH01, GKF40, GKF41, GLP55, FDR46, FDR47, FDR48, FDR49, FLW18, FLW19, FLW20, FLW21, DLP30, DNC66, C4982, L2593, 5785, 1806, H7045, X6999, and CGN22

Most single mainline cards are C4982 or L2593

Edited by ECCHOPPER

Share this comment

IslandGirl1276

Posted

Where do you find the 1:64 scale Hot Wheels mainline (basic) car number at? What if I dont want to rip open the car to send in the card? 

Share this comment

myronmfw04

Posted

Can i purchase any of the 5 packs at target for this mail in?

• Confused 1

Share this comment

STONEINSAC

Posted

Ordered the Skyline Wagon almost 4 months ago and have yet to receive that!

Why try another!

• Sad 1

Share this comment

blackgarage

Posted

I want this car more than the first 2, just not sure I am even getting those. So while passing on this will be hard to do, I will at least know it is not coming... 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

MREYNOSO

Posted

I know there is the $4.99 Shipping and handling. Would that also be included when you ship out the HW cards or do you have to pay additional to ship them out to Mattel?

Thanks!

• Confused 1

Share this comment

Msnordstrom1

Posted

My receipt from Target does not have UPC codes on them, only a description. Will that be an issue?

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

1 minute ago, Msnordstrom1 said:

My receipt from Target does not have UPC codes on them, only a description. Will that be an issue?

No, it will not. Target receipts don't have UPC codes on them for anyone.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

rich9005

Posted

I am not able to pay online. It says Site is under maintenance at the last step (after adding my card)

• Sad 1

Share this comment

KONAMAN8

Posted

I have not seen a new car in the Detroit area worth buying it's a great mail away , only if target had the product to sell

• Like 1

Share this comment

JWMajic

Posted

2 hours ago, KONAMAN8 said:

I have not seen a new car in the Detroit area worth buying it's a great mail away , only if target had the product to sell

at least you can buy multi packs on this one.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

some confusion, but most answers are in the header.

glad MATTEL is doing 20 cars OR $20... from singles or basic multi-packs!  My wife loves the carnival (?) set & the blue '55 set.  As I stated before, she sets hers free!

• Like 1

Share this comment