Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback Mail-in Offer!

By Gary Barnum

For our next mail-in HW Collector Edition of 2020, we’ve used the ’65 Volkswagen Fastback to add a little extra fun! To participate in this promotion, purchase $20 worth of Hot Wheels cars and/or multipacks from designated assortments at Target stores and/or Target.com between 6/14/20 and 8/7/20.

GJJ78_004.png

GJJ78_001.png
GJJ78_002.png
GJJ78_003.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening body
  • Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo and “4” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels w/ red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Get a head start on your promotion! There will be a special mix available only in stores (find a store here) with the following Target Exclusive variations (Red Editions) and First-to-Market releases (availability subject to change):

Target Exclusive variations:

’68 Shelby GT500™ – HW Flames (White)

Custom Otto – Muscle Mania (Red)

McLaren P1™ – HW Exotics (White)

First-to-Market releases:

’84 Pontiac® Firebird™ – Muscle Mania

Custom ’18 Ford Mustang GT – HW Race Team

Dodge Charger Drift – HW Rescue

To get your Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details):

1. Buy $20 worth (before taxes) of selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars or multipacks at participating Target stores and/or Target.com from 6/14/20 to 8/7/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES.

We've heard your feedback on prior mail-in programs this year, and given that some people are shopping more online, we wanted to be sure to be inclusive to everyone. Though some of our materials were printed prior to the decision being made, both sets of rules will be honored to the benefit of the collector.  Therefore whether you buy 20 cars or you buy $20 worth, you can redeem for the ’65 Volkswagen Fastback.

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register and/or online receipt(s) dated from June 14, 2020 to August 7, 2020, b) blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) or UPC codes from multipacks for each Promotional Vehicle you are requesting (limit of 10 (ten) Promotional Vehicles per person, household and/or address), c) the completed order form (fill out the form and print it), and d) a check or money order (unless you pay online via credit card) payable to Mattel, Inc. for $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order:

’65 Volkswagen Fastback Vehicle

P.O. Box 1229

East Aurora, NY 14052

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 8/11/20 and received by 8/18/20. The completed mail-in order form must accompany your request.

NOTE: Packing slips for Target.com orders will not be accepted as proof of purchase; you must send the online receipt you received when the order was processed.

Although you may purchase your qualifying basic cars on separate receipts within the Promotional Period, there is a limit of 1 (one) Promotional Vehicle for every $20 of basic cars or multipacks within the Promotional Period, regardless of how many receipts those cars are on. Offer is limited to 10 (ten) ’65 Volkswagen Fastback vehicles per person, household, and/or address.

1. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback Vehicle in 8-12 weeks after August 18, 2020.

Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Dodge and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2020 FCA US LLC.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Collector Edition ’65 Volkswagen Fastback Mail-in Offer!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

spinnindjs

Posted

Same here, unable to see pictures signed as a collector.

Share this comment

THEXROCK

Posted

Not a bad looking car, glad to see Target get involved once in awhile. 

Share this comment

Die cast dude

Posted

yeah, my target sucks too for new stuff

Share this comment

Nate78us

Posted

Oh man I have never even seen this casting. Very cool definitely want one. What's up with all the models with no pictures?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

Rubber Wheels NJ

Posted

Challenge accepted!  I'll definitely be on the lookout for 20 Target vehicles. Summer time, here I come!🌞

• Like 2

Share this comment

ciscokid

Posted

1 hour ago, Rubber Wheels NJ said:

Challenge accepted!  I'll definitely be on the lookout for 20 Target vehicles. Summer time, here I come!🌞

Not 20 cars, but $20 (before taxes) of Hot Wheels® 1:64 basic cars or multipacks.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Tony2163

Posted

the only issue I have here is, when is Target going to actually fill the shelves?

There hasn't been any new cars at Target, and there 5 i like going to.

not only Hotwheels but in general its very little to nothing, wal mart been the same way.

Share this comment

Anyone know what Case Code this batch is from at Target?

Share this comment

TheRoadKing

Posted

Target, huh? This'll be a piece of cake.

• Like 2

Share this comment

I like the purple color of the fastback VW going to have to get to target and get this hotwheel. (If it is not looted first)

• Like 2

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

I can see the images now for the target exclusive red edition cars and the first to market cars. 👍

Share this comment

ZEROTHEWANDERER

Posted (edited)

Can we please stop with these 4 spokes? Holy hell Batman... Next up I'm expecting a freakin' mail in Power Wagon with 4 spokes and big off road swampers on it. Make 3 spokes, make premium baby moon hubcap RRs, just stop with the 4 spokes already.

I think I might get 1 or 2 of these regardless, I like when they allow multipacks to go towards mail ins, it's an incentive to drop $10 on a single multipack exclusive.

Edited by ZEROTHEWANDERER

Share this comment

DannyMac

Posted

Beautiful car...this is going to be an easy one for me. I got lucky with the Dollar General, as there's only one within an hours drive. No Krogers- so out of luck on that one. I'll be looking forward to seeing this one up close!

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 6/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, 20JK10 said:

Are stores going to get more then one case? My store hasn't received anything in three months.

Same. No new stock at any Target within 20 miles of my house in months. Haven’t seen the second Red batch or the id Audi.

• Like 2

Share this comment

78HYBRID

Posted

On 6/12/2020 at 2:55 AM, Funkvdub said:

Has anyone received the last two mail-ins? from dollar general or Kroger.  I haven't heard anything via email. definitely looking forward this vdub! 

Same here.

• Confused 1

Share this comment

Aaronwyatt1981

Posted

Oh. Look at the red Otto. And the first to market Pontiac. Cool

• Like 1

Share this comment

Tyler0106

Posted

On 6/12/2020 at 1:55 AM, Funkvdub said:

Has anyone received the last two mail-ins? from dollar general or Kroger.  I haven't heard anything via email. definitely looking forward this vdub! 

I received my skyline wagon last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Tyler0106 said:

I received my skyline wagon last week. 

I received my first DG 1 yesterday. Got email on the other one on DG. havent heard back on my first kroger yet.

Share this comment

jdmparts

Posted

would be nice if my Target actually stocked Hot Wheels, there are literally 15-20 basic mainlines on the pegs at any given time, no multi packs, 0 premiums

• Like 1

Share this comment

ECCHOPPER

Posted

It's a shame that the Flying Customs don't qualify , because I just bought 5 of them yesterday. That would have been $7.45 towards the mail in.  They are Target exclusives, aren't they? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

Key points or questions:

* Most of us know nothing about our DG Nissan (money spent 2+ months).

* Most of us know nothing about our Kroger Mazda (money spent 1+ month).

* How many people still do not have membership car?

* Major issues on Black Lambo.

* Shipping issues on Dirty Blonde.  (Customer Service made that right!  Thanks!)

* Major FAILURE on (partial OR postponed?) 510 sale ... and yet SOME units were delivered - "in-hand" for sale on evilbay, 3 days after the RLC sale.  HOW?

* Now I'm supposed to throw $20+ at Target for the fastback?  (and wait until?)

* Member since 2002, & attended 10+ conventions.  I understand resale, & not getting every desired release.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Davidstingray

Posted

I just noticed that when I went to this page it says Hello Gregory by the cart as shown.  I'm not Gregory and I'm not logged in, so what's the deal?

image.thumb.png.83ab7b7376f116228c733d768cf29f21.png

• Haha 1

Share this comment

dvalerio45

Posted

Since this is $20 (before taxes) worth of hot wheels, how many cardboard pieces do we mail in?

Cuz if they're less than a dollar I would have to buy 21 just to make it pass $20.

So do i mail in 20 or 21 cardboard pieces??  

Share this comment

Rubber Wheels NJ

Posted

On 6/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, ciscokid said:

Not 20 cars, but $20 (before taxes) of Hot Wheels® 1:64 basic cars or multipacks.

Actually, it's both...

"We've heard your feedback on prior mail-in programs this year, and given that some people are shopping more online, we wanted to be sure to be inclusive to everyone. Though some of our materials were printed prior to the decision being made, both sets of rules will be honored to the benefit of the collector.  Therefore whether you buy 20 cars or you buy $20 worth, you can redeem for the ’65 Volkswagen Fastback. "

Share this comment