Mattel Hot Wheels Community

UPDATE: Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup From GameStop

PLEASE NOTE: Redemption period has been extended through 1/30/21. See details below. 

By Gary Barnum

We’re hauling 2020 away with our last 20-for-1 mail-in promotion of the year – the HW Collector Edition 60s Ford Econoline Pickup! Bring it home when you pick up 20 Hot Wheels cars at GameStop stores and/or GameStop.com from 11/28/20 to 12/26/20.

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo, and “6” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels with red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

GJJ81_001.png

GJJ81_002.png

GJJ81_003.png

Get a leg up on the 20 cars you need for this promotion when you pick up the GameStop Exclusive mix, available at GameStop locations or at or at GameStop.com beginning 11/28/20. These special cases will feature Exclusive Variations and First-To-Market Hot Wheels releases!

To get your Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details): 

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating GameStop locations and/or GameStop.com from 11/28/20 to 12/26/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES. 
  2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form** (fill out the form and print it), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to: 

’60s Ford Econoline Pickup
    P.O. Box 1229
    East Aurora, NY 14052 

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 01/30/21 and received by 2/06/21. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

3. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup. Allow 8-12 weeks after the 2/06/21 deadline for receipt of vehicle.

Items and dates are subject to change. Mattel reserves the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at any time.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

**Privacy Clause of Official Rules:
By submitting your information, you agree and consent for Mattel and the Mattel family of companies (as defined in https://www.mattel.com/en-us/privacy-statement#anchor-Definitions) to use and share your name, address, and other information with third parties for the purpose of administering this promotion (i.e., to communicate with you, process your submission, etc.) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.  To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your information read our Privacy Statement at www.mattel.com/privacy-statement.

HWC Staff
  • UPDATE: Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup From GameStop
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

THEHAZARD777

Posted

Could someone with a higher paygrade than I suggest to mattel to extend the promotion cut off time (received by 1/6/20) with Covid, Christmas and several other factors the postal system is moving slower than normal. Mailed off for this promotion 2 weeks ago and still in transit. The cut off date is quickly approaching dont want to miss out for one day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
ReckerTA

Posted

I don’t understand how this could’ve been a mess. Normally there is like two months to do this. Did I really miss out on mailing these cards in? How is this not extended with all the issues? If I’m not gonna be able to mail in for the mail and cars then I’m just going to return all four cases I purchased.

• Like 1
Dead91silvia

Posted

Well I was 3 days late getting a postmark... Never mind the holiday craziness, covid restrictions and hour reductions, and the complete fail of am event on Game Stops end... I now have 2 useless receipts and over paid for cars I would have got elsewhere. 

Next time Game Stop does a mail in event, I'll just get the cars 3rd party and save myself time and money. 

Yeah, my bad for being late, but at least last year it ended after the holidays. 

• Like 1
JIMMEE442

Posted

We had COVID for 3 weeks.  I never bothered with this promo.  Guess I dodged a bullet?

flaremaster58

Posted

i always get to these too late.
also, do the cars for these promos have to be exclusive to that store, or can they be any cars from that store

DAVIDVRAL

Posted

Dear Mattel, is there any chance of getting an extension to submit cards and receipts? For the 2019 offer, the window to purchase the cars was nearly 2 months (even longer online, and starting in October), and the cutoff date for Mattel to receive the UPCs and receipts was January 20th, two weeks longer than this year. Compressing the whole timeline, especially in this crazy year, makes it especially difficult to collect on this offer. Please consider extending the deadlines!

Yikes! Will this deadline be extended?? Usually there is more time to redeem this after purchase...

I mailed my receipts and cardbacks via USPS 2-day priority mail on Dec. 29 - a day before the postmark cutoff date of Dec. 30th.

As of today (Friday, Jan 8th) it was still en route to Mattel in East Aurora, NY...........

I'm sure hoping the powers that be at Mattel offer some allowance for those of us who followed the rules laid out - and are at the mercy of an overwhelmed (and terribly under-staffed due to COVID-19) postal service.

• Like 1

Looks like they did extend, I screen captured the image from what was posted a few hours ago. 

I hope it works out for everyone, I mailed mine from Texas on 12/26 by USPS 1st class, shows delivered on 12/31 "picked up at postal facility East Aurora NY 14052"  I am guessing the mail courier from Mattel goes to pick up mail daily?

I am glad the redemption period was extended, thanks Mattel!!

Screenshot 2021-01-08 134509.png

• Like 3

@HWC STAFF

since there is an extension on sending in the order from / receipts / card-backs, is there an extension on the purchase dates? (the update only shares info on postmark dates and  receive by dates.) or will receipts for purchases from 11/28/2020 - 12/26/2020 only be valid?

• Like 2
SAMACE26

Posted

I'm happy and I'm glad they extended the post mark dates.👍

SOULASASSIN

Posted

On 1/8/2021 at 1:49 PM, mas87 said:

Looks like they did extend, I screen captured the image from what was posted a few hours ago. 

I hope it works out for everyone, I mailed mine from Texas on 12/26 by USPS 1st class, shows delivered on 12/31 "picked up at postal facility East Aurora NY 14052"  I am guessing the mail courier from Mattel goes to pick up mail daily?

I am glad the redemption period was extended, thanks Mattel!!

Screenshot 2021-01-08 134509.png

On 1/8/2021 at 2:32 PM, troy JR said:

@HWC STAFF

since there is an extension on sending in the order from / receipts / card-backs, is there an extension on the purchase dates? (the update only shares info on postmark dates and  receive by dates.) or will receipts for purchases from 11/28/2020 - 12/26/2020 only be valid?

I’m curious to know the answer to this as well. I bought my cars the first week of January and it looks like they are no good now. 

Hollyhw100

Posted

Doesn't really matter when you can't get 20 cars from game stop all year let alone in a month!!!! This is a pretty stupid place to have a mail in from honestly!!!!

htownrider

Posted

Can I still participate and buy the cars and mail in

redwheelbarr0w

Posted

My cases were all smashed and destroyed. Happy the adjustment to the mail in got fixed I was so bummed I bought the cases and missed out due to GameStop and their inability to handle orders. Also bought a funko set for my son and they sent 8 random boxes instead of the full set as stated. 

Irockhound

Posted

On 1/12/2021 at 5:10 AM, redwheelbarr0w said:

My cases were all smashed and destroyed. Happy the adjustment to the mail in got fixed I was so bummed I bought the cases and missed out due to GameStop and their inability to handle orders. Also bought a funko set for my son and they sent 8 random boxes instead of the full set as stated. 

Too familiar, as I had mentioned earlier my 2 cases weren't cases at all just 70 (2 cars short) dumped in a shipping box like a dump bin at walmart and sent. Oh and I am sure others have mentioned but Gamestop has NO customer service and even trying to call corporate you get no human.  I have had problems with Gamestop on previous mail-ins but never this bad.  When I called Mattel to ask a question on the mail-in and mentioned the problems with Gamestop the Mattel customer service girl acknowledged how bad Gamestop is so Mattel knows too.

• Like 2
SAMACE26

Posted (edited)

I just got an email yesterday from Mattel saying that they received my stuff and they're processing it and I will be getting another email from them when they shipped out my 2 1960's Ford econoline pickup trucks. 👍

Edited by SAMACE26
  • Like 2
nathanh484

Posted

So if i order the 36 pack rn, its invalid for the Econoline? 

I got today in the mail my 2 GameStop mail-in's 1960's Ford econoline pickup trucks.👍

• Like 1