Mattel Hot Wheels Community

UPDATE: Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup From GameStop

PLEASE NOTE: Redemption period has been extended through 1/30/21. See details below. 

By Gary Barnum

We’re hauling 2020 away with our last 20-for-1 mail-in promotion of the year – the HW Collector Edition 60s Ford Econoline Pickup! Bring it home when you pick up 20 Hot Wheels cars at GameStop stores and/or GameStop.com from 11/28/20 to 12/26/20.

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo, and “6” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels with red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

GJJ81_001.png

GJJ81_002.png

GJJ81_003.png

Get a leg up on the 20 cars you need for this promotion when you pick up the GameStop Exclusive mix, available at GameStop locations or at or at GameStop.com beginning 11/28/20. These special cases will feature Exclusive Variations and First-To-Market Hot Wheels releases!

To get your Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details): 

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating GameStop locations and/or GameStop.com from 11/28/20 to 12/26/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES. 
  2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form** (fill out the form and print it), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to: 

’60s Ford Econoline Pickup
    P.O. Box 1229
    East Aurora, NY 14052 

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 01/30/21 and received by 2/06/21. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

3. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup. Allow 8-12 weeks after the 2/06/21 deadline for receipt of vehicle.

Items and dates are subject to change. Mattel reserves the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at any time.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

**Privacy Clause of Official Rules:
By submitting your information, you agree and consent for Mattel and the Mattel family of companies (as defined in https://www.mattel.com/en-us/privacy-statement#anchor-Definitions) to use and share your name, address, and other information with third parties for the purpose of administering this promotion (i.e., to communicate with you, process your submission, etc.) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.  To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your information read our Privacy Statement at www.mattel.com/privacy-statement.

HWC Staff
  • UPDATE: Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup From GameStop
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

2 hours ago, Jungler said:

Also, can I still got the blister cards back after I send them to hotwheels? I also collect the cards so....kinda concerned

Nope.

Eek. I almost ordered a case a week ago since the local Game Stop never has Hot Wheels. I decided to go check locally. A re-stock that had been out for about half an hour! 

"We never sell Hot Wheels."

"That's about to change."

"Well, here. You can look through the rest."

For some dumb reason I "only" bought 14. I got back a few days later and he was just opening a new case as I walked in.

"Here you go." Haha I ended up buying 16 so I still needed 6 on a receipt. Dammit! Went to another Game Stop the town over while out Christmas shopping yesterday. They let me look through what they had too but no STHs or THs. At least I manged to get a correct receipt! So I went and just dug out a bunch of cards. They all had usable codes but one that had a pricetag over it. Out of all places, it was from Game Stop.

• Like 2

What am I supposed to provide as a receipt if I bought the case online? 

I ordered 2 cases online, both show shipped and delivered. Both orders were done 1 day apart, 2 different emails. Both orders given the same tracking number, 1 case delivered. Lesson learned...

• Like 1

Would someone please let me know what the gamestop.com receipt should look like? I am trying to mail this in but I am confused on what I am specifically supposed to print out. Do I print the confirmation email that gamestop sent me when I ordered the case?

(I have the 20 blister cards and the completed order form done. I just need some confirmation on what the receipt looks like or should look like.)

• Like 1

same boat as everyone else i'm seeing here, what receipt do i send in from an online order? so many of these comments but no answers yet 

• Like 2

Just curious if anyone else got a pack slip in their order for the case from Gamestop?

Also this is the email to use for everyone who ordered cases online and need proof of receipt ? (just want to confirm)

gamestop order.jpg

IMG_9130.jpg

• Like 1
bustedknuckle

Posted

If you are lucky enough to get a Super Treasure Hunt from the GameStop cases it is the Corvette Grand Sport Roadster and the Regular Treasure Hunt is the Street Weiner

Corvette Grand Sport Roadster.jpg

Street Weiner.jpg

• Like 3
HWCJoesphTorres

Posted

On 12/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, NOMETRC said:

same boat as everyone else i'm seeing here, what receipt do i send in from an online order? so many of these comments but no answers yet 

You need to print out the email you got when you ordered your cars. 

Do NOT send in the packing slip.

Hope this helps. 

OMG!!!!!!   So here is an update!  They sent me 70 cars instead of the 72 and NOT in Mattel boxes.  I call Gamestop customer service who gives me the runaround so I ask very politely to be escalated to try and resolve it, I was just asking that they send me 2 cars that I was shorted.  Customer service tells me to hold and then connects me to a 1800 sex line.  I am on hold and I get "you want to talk with Sexy Hot guys and Girls" press one for Hot guys and press 2 for hot girls"  I couldn't put my phone on audio record fast enough to get it and then since I didn't press a number it hung me up.  GAMESTOP HAS SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I do not think that Gamestop should be allowed to have anymore promotions with Hot Wheels. It has been nothing but a disaster, No cars available in the stores for the first week of the promotion----- some did not have any during the entire promotion, spoke to employees and they NEVER received any!

They also increased the price for the cars for the promo. 

Whoever supposedly organized this mess needs to rethink the next one

• Like 1

The time frame for this promotion is insane! Most stores have 0 hot wheels, cases ordered online have been met with disaster, price of cars. I would think gamestop needs to be X from the promotions!

• Like 1

What do you guys usually mail this with? Bubble mailer or legal envelope?

• Like 1

Just opened the case I ordered online and it only has 33 cars. Is the recipe good for 36 cars or 33?

5 hours ago, Tloger said:

What do you guys usually mail this with? Bubble mailer or legal envelope?

So I put my 20 cards in a manila envelope, then placed my money order inside the folded order form along with the receipts in the same envelope, then placed the envelope in a padded bubble mailer, postage ended up being $4.80 1st class.

Now the 12 week wait.  That being said, I took everyone's advice and did not order a case online,  went to four different GameStop's in my area. Only exclusive I found was the Porsche 914, but found some nice regular B case finds. 

• Like 1

Reminder, the cutoff date for purchases was 12/26/2020, according to the rules in the article. Watch your receipt dates!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i ordered mine three weeks ago GAMESTOP WAITED FOR WEEKS TO SHIP NOW DELIVERY DATE IS 12/31 but HOT WHEELS POSTMARK DATE IS 12/30  WILL HOT WHEELS ACCEPT LATE DATE? OR THE COPY OF ORDER FORM FROM GS WEBSITE?  so screwed up--  DOES HOT WHEELS CARE?

• Sad 1

I filled out the order form I used my credit card.  However when I clicked on it it only replied that the credit info was saved.  There wasn't any credit info on the final print out.  I assume that they charge this card when the car gets shipped?  Just want to clarify.  

• Confused 1

Deadline needs to be extended. Just received my shipment of hot wheels from GameStop due to a three week delay in shipping. Now the website does not work to fill out form. And finally, I’m sure it will take three weeks for the post office to deliver package to mattel. 

Why am I unable to complete the purchase in the Mattel parts store? It tells me my purchase has timed out click this link, and after that it says my profile is from a country that is not allowed to use the site... what is up? A speedy response would be appreciated as I need to get this to the USPS today!

I have tried on 2 separate devices and still no luck... Mattel/Hot Wheels please respond!