Mattel Hot Wheels Community

UPDATE: Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup From GameStop

PLEASE NOTE: Redemption period has been extended through 1/30/21. See details below. 

By Gary Barnum

We’re hauling 2020 away with our last 20-for-1 mail-in promotion of the year – the HW Collector Edition 60s Ford Econoline Pickup! Bring it home when you pick up 20 Hot Wheels cars at GameStop stores and/or GameStop.com from 11/28/20 to 12/26/20.

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Red and white striping, Hot Wheels logo, and “6” on sides
  • Body type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 4-spoke wheels with red stripe tampo
  • Base: ZAMAC-plated
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

GJJ81_001.png

GJJ81_002.png

GJJ81_003.png

Get a leg up on the 20 cars you need for this promotion when you pick up the GameStop Exclusive mix, available at GameStop locations or at or at GameStop.com beginning 11/28/20. These special cases will feature Exclusive Variations and First-To-Market Hot Wheels releases!

To get your Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup, just follow these instructions (but please read the Official Rules for full details): 

1. Buy 20 selected 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline (basic) cars at participating GameStop locations and/or GameStop.com from 11/28/20 to 12/26/20. Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES. 
  2. Mail the original cash register receipt(s), 20 blister cards (the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window) for each vehicle you order (limit of ten vehicles per household), and the completed order form** (fill out the form and print it), along with $4.99 US shipping and processing for each vehicle you order – check or money order only (unless you pay online via credit card) – made payable to MATTEL to: 

’60s Ford Econoline Pickup
    P.O. Box 1229
    East Aurora, NY 14052 

PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be postmarked by 01/30/21 and received by 2/06/21. Limit of one Hot Wheels Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup for every 20 basic cars you purchase within the promotional period, regardless of how many receipts those 20 cars are on. Offer is limited to ten vehicles per household per promotional period.

3. Receive a 1:64 Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup. Allow 8-12 weeks after the 2/06/21 deadline for receipt of vehicle.

Items and dates are subject to change. Mattel reserves the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at any time.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.

**Privacy Clause of Official Rules:
By submitting your information, you agree and consent for Mattel and the Mattel family of companies (as defined in https://www.mattel.com/en-us/privacy-statement#anchor-Definitions) to use and share your name, address, and other information with third parties for the purpose of administering this promotion (i.e., to communicate with you, process your submission, etc.) and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.  To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your information read our Privacy Statement at www.mattel.com/privacy-statement.

HWC Staff
  • UPDATE: Collector Edition ’60s Ford Econoline Pickup From GameStop
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 12/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, Stud722 said:

Is there a possibility to get a Super or TH in the Gamestop Hot Wheels Day 36 cases?

I don’t think theres a chance for a super, i went to 8 different gamestops and 5 of them had the cases still

in the back and 1 spot had two cases and opened cut the seal

in front of me and i found i believe 1 TH but not 1 sth and 1 box itself fresh cut had 4 300zx’s but no super even though its a b case technically and the sth i think is the vette but no vettee either but also each box has a few different cars one spot didnt have the star wars one and one spot didnt have any 300’s in the box and another no barbie truck when i looked fresh in them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
sp4c3m4nsp1ff17

Posted

Is the order form broken for anyone else? I keep getting an error that "something went wrong while processing your request"

• Like 1
THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

2 hours ago, Mike9794 said:

I don’t think theres a chance for a super, i went to 8 different gamestops and 5 of them had the cases still

in the back and 1 spot had two cases and opened cut the seal

in front of me and i found i believe 1 TH but not 1 sth and 1 box itself fresh cut had 4 300zx’s but no super even though its a b case technically and the sth i think is the vette but no vettee either but also each box has a few different cars one spot didnt have the star wars one and one spot didnt have any 300’s in the box and another no barbie truck when i looked fresh in them

From seeing people's finds over the internet, many have found the Street Wiener TH and some lucky people have found the Corvette Grand Sport Roadster STH in the GameStop cases.

• Like 1
Davidstingray

Posted

Well, I've received shipping confirmation on the case and I just dropped off the mail in for the GameStop 60' Econoline so my work is done for awhile.  I did end up having to rip a few as I was five cards short, so I decided on this assortment .

image.png.51eaf52c6b7bf694e4893a9ec3dfbbd4.png

We'll see how long these stay in my garage with my two grandsons around.  The McLaren and Audi in white are very striking!  My fav has to be the Cobra though.

Thanks to all the people at Hot Wheels who process the mail in promotional vehicles.  They do a great job and we appreciate them getting these unique vehicles sent out to us.

Stay safe everybody!!

• Like 1

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s) and/or online receipt(s)* dated from
November 28, 2020 to December 26, 2020 b) 20 (twenty) blister cards from single packs of basic cars
(the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window)

do i need to mail in the receipt and blister cards , or one or the other?

Was surprised my case arrived today. A little disappointed to not get a TH or STH, but still some new 2021 cars with the exclusives.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BEERCHAMP said:

What are the $TH and the reg. hunt from the Game Stop cases BA?

Corvette Grand Sport Roadster is the super and the regular is the Street Wiener.

11 hours ago, lizrdz said:

2. Mail a) your original (no photocopies) cash register receipt(s) and/or online receipt(s)* dated from
November 28, 2020 to December 26, 2020 b) 20 (twenty) blister cards from single packs of basic cars
(the entire cardboard piece, but not the car or plastic window)

do i need to mail in the receipt and blister cards , or one or the other?

Receipt AND blister cards. 

• Like 1

Do you have to be an RLC member to be eligible for this promotion? Or can anyone get it if they follow all the steps?

STEVE67GTO

Posted (edited)

You wont believe what happened to me today.  I got home from work to find a small box from GameStop.  Right away I knew there was a problem as I ordered three CASES of special event cars. 

Inside was only THREE Hot Wheels!  I checked the website to contact customer service and couldn't find a phone number.  I called my local GameStop and they got the number for me.

I spent 40 MINUTES and 39 SECONDS talking to customer service (my cell phone keeps track of my call time), first AJ and then his supervisor Nola only to have them both tell me that I spend 130 + dollars for those three little Hot Wheels!  If you read the website carefully, it looks like you only get one collectors event car for $39.99 which we all know should be a case of 36 cars for $39.99.

At the end of the call, she was going to send me a return label for the three cars and have some manager look into this and see if I can get 3 CASES, instead of 3 cars.  She never really understood what was happening.  WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! and its not over!!!

Edited by STEVE67GTO
word error and added a line
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
SAMACE26

Posted (edited)

I went to another gamestop today and it must be no other hotwheels collectors or resellers have went to that gamestop this week because the pegs were full all 4 exclusive cars were there and I found a whole bunch of new hotwheels again. 👍The only things that weren't there was any regular treasure hunts or super treasure hunts. Otherwise just about everything else was still there.👍

Edited by SAMACE26
  • Like 1

How many cars are in this case? I have seen some state 20 and other state 36? I got two cases coming sunday $43 each so I'm guessing 36 cars? 

4 hours ago, STEVE67GTO said:

You wont believe what happened to me today.  I got home from work to find a small box from GameStop.  Right away I knew there was a problem as I ordered three CASES of special event cars. 

Inside was only THREE Hot Wheels!  I checked the website to contact customer service and couldn't find a phone number.  I called my local GameStop and they got the number for me.

I spent 40 MINUTES and 39 SECONDS talking to customer service (my cell phone keeps track of my call time), first AJ and then his supervisor Nola only to have them both tell me that I spend 130 + dollars for those three little Hot Wheels!  If you read the website carefully, it looks like you only get one collectors event car for $39.99 which we all know should be a case of 36 cars for $39.99.

At the end of the call, she was going to send me a return label for the three cars and have some manager look into this and see if I can get 3 CASES, instead of 3 cars.  She never really understood what was happening.  WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! and its not over!!!

Same thing happened to me as well, ordered two cases and received just two cars. Online chat, customer support was all but useless. They had no clue what I was talking about and when they offered a refund or replacement I had to say it very slowly and clearly that what is the gamestop employee going to say when I come in with $3 worth of cars and expect a $86 refund, they offered no help. And after all that was said and done, they finally gave a refund to my card and after getting home to an email showing the refund was put on a card number that was not mine!

• Sad 1
On 12/8/2020 at 11:24 AM, ECCHOPPER said:

no. As long as they fall within the rules, you're good.

Cars must be from the assortment numbers listed on the OFFICIAL RULES. 

I don't quite get the assortment numbers....How can I know which car comes from which assortment numbers??

ThunderWolf29

Posted

1 hour ago, THEHAZARD777 said:

Same thing happened to me as well, ordered two cases and received just two cars. Online chat, customer support was all but useless. They had no clue what I was talking about and when they offered a refund or replacement I had to say it very slowly and clearly that what is the gamestop employee going to say when I come in with $3 worth of cars and expect a $86 refund, they offered no help. And after all that was said and done, they finally gave a refund to my card and after getting home to an email showing the refund was put on a card number that was not mine!

My order keep changing estimated delivery from Thursday to Friday and skip to Saturday now. Let's see it tomorrow 🤞

DON’T ORDER THE GAMESTOP CASES!!!

Ordered 2 cases and literally got 2 cars ... $88 shipped for 2  $1 cars!!! 

Serious lack of communication not only with GameStop but Mattel as well..

But I guess this is what we have been accustomed to....

• Sad 1
SAMACE26

Posted (edited)

I have a question. 

When you guy's send in for 2 or more of the same mail-in cars and you guy's write out checks or money orders do you guy's have to write out a check or money order for each one or are you guy's able to put the total amount on one check or money order for each one please let me know and thank you. 

Edited by SAMACE26

Question- Has Mattel marketing seen the posting of Purchases on line from Game stop?  People ordering 2 Assorments (cases) and receiving only TWO cars?  In reviewing of order summary it does state  2 in the quanity colum, but doesn't state 2 what.  I believe Market should review their marketing partners, insuring training and follow through of such partner.

13 hours ago, Jungler said:

I don't quite get the assortment numbers....How can I know which car comes from which assortment numbers??

The assortment number is on the back of the card right above the UPC code.

2 hours ago, SAMACE26 said:

I have a question. 

When you guy's send in for 2 or more of the same mail-in cars and you guy's write out checks or money orders do you guy's have to write out a check or money order for each one or are you guy's able to put the total amount on one check or money order for each one please let me know and thank you. 

total amount on one check, Sam. 

• Like 1

Same experience today. 
Ordered 2 cases from GameStop. 
received 2 single cars today from GameStop. Waiting on a response from GameStop. 

6 hours ago, ECCHOPPER said:

The assortment number is on the back of the card right above the UPC code.

Got you! Also, can I still got the blister cards back after I send them to hotwheels? I also collect the cards so....kinda concerned

• Confused 1