Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

20th Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals: April 1-5, 2020

By Gary Barnum

UPDATE: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the resulting state and national regulations, the 2020 Nationals event in Charlotte, NC has been canceled. Please refer directly to the Nationals website for details and further updates: http://www.hwcollectorsnationals.com/

The 2020 Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina — home of the NASCAR Hall of Fame! Sounds like a great car town to us, so let’s get there by any means we can. The show runs from Wednesday, April 1 to Sunday, April 5, and the fun will be coming fast and fantastic.

What: 20th Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals

When: Wednesday, April 1 – Sunday, April 5, 2020

Where: Le Meridien/Sheraton Hotel – Charlotte, NC

Info: Click here for more information

The collecting hobby is more than just having your own die-cast cars. Once you attend a show, you’ll understand that it’s an easy social activity with like-minded enthusiasts. Get your motor running as you meet old friends and make new ones. Buy, sell, and swap Hot Wheels both rare and common from all eras. Included with your ticket are autograph sessions with Hot Wheels designers and other guests, room-to-room trading, and more.

Special Events

Make time in your busy schedule to have a seat and grab a gourmet meal on Thursday evening, or have a pull or two in one of the Hot Wheels Vending Machines sessions. Tickets are sold separately and in advance for these events.

• Dinner with Jeremy Cox – Thursday, Apr. 2: Help us honor the colorful career of Hot Wheels graphic designer Jeremy Cox at this special event! Dinner guests will receive a souvenir dinner car (produced by Mattel), T-shirt, pin, and more. Seats are limited and usually sell out quickly.
  • Hot Wheels Vending Machine: You’ll want to get your fill of pulls at the Vending Machine sessions. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. (Hint: It will be Hot Wheels merchandise.)

Charity Events

Not only do these events accelerate the fun, but they also help out a great cause: Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Full details are on the Convention website:

• Charity Button Bingo
  • Charity Convention Mania
  • Charity Hold ’Em Poker

While you’re combining fun with feeling charitable, you can also help the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals by helping your collection grow when you bid on special Hot Wheels items at the Charity Auction held during the show (no advance tickets required).

Hot Wheels Show & Sale

Show attendees have to option to exhibit and sell at the Hot Wheels Show on Sunday, April 5 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The fee per space is $25.00 and includes an 8-foot space and a 6-foot table with tablecloth. Spaces are limited and will be sold on a first-come basis, limit is ONE table per ticket holder. This is open to the public! Non-ticket holders can come in for a nominal fee of $5 per person (and $5 to park at the hotel) to shop for Hot Wheels. Great way to find new collectors!

Ticketing

Tickets are $70 each ($75 if purchased online) and good for all five days. All ticket sales will end February 21 or when the last ticket is sold, whichever occurs first. Get your tickets by mail or online; click here for all the details.

This event is produced by Collectors Events Unlimited, LLC under license from Mattel.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can't Wait!!!!!!   Going to be so much FUN!!!!!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Going to this one and can't wait to see Bryan Pope's hometown.

Share this comment

closer and closer to Florida.  One of these days!

• Like 2

Share this comment

6 hours ago, JAWS13 said:

closer and closer to Florida.  One of these days!

Agreed 

Share this comment

These events are like a family reunion! No shaking  hands with all the friends I've made over the years-hugs all around!! I always enjoy catching up and seeing how the kids have grown as well as others seeing how my son has grown over the years! ALWAYS plan on going to Nationals and the annual event in LA every year! Great times and great friends!! See you in 4 months!!

Share this comment

With special edition customs will be there all week

totwiretoys@gmail.com and Wally's Body Shop Customs

I am on Facebook

Share this comment

Are tickets actually sold out. Just came up on the Mattel Collectors Website but I can't buy a ticket on the link. Says they are sold out.Are tickets actually sold out. Just came up on the Mattel Collectors Website but I can't buy a ticket on the link. Says they are sold out.

Share this comment

tickets are not sold out yet.... the main hotel is sold out for rooms, but there are overflow hotels lined up.

convention.JPG

Share this comment

SHATTERED__MIND

Posted

2 hours ago, HWs4Life said:

Yup these tickets sold out quick! 

NOT SOLD OUT --- available now, maybe not for long.

Share this comment

Just tried to buy ticket and it says sold out. Been that way for a couple of days. Is that accurate?

Share this comment

BONE.SHAKER_EK

Posted

My wife and I have our tickets, our first time going to event.... we cant wait !  See you all there....

Share this comment

By the picture on the logo for this event, looks like I’m going to get my favorite car. The Taildragger!  I hope they’re not teasing me!

Share this comment

I live close enough to Charlotte not to need a motel room. I don't sell I just build. I've never been to a die-cast car event of this expected size. There's a few things I'd like to know. Not to break any secrets.

1. To get into the selling area as just a buyer / spectator is $5.00 each day plus $5.00 parking ?  As long as the parking lasts....?  Sounds like a deal.

2. What would be the best days to go as a buyer / spectator ?

3. What will that $5.00 NOT allow me to do as a buyer / spectator ?

4. I assume there will be more die-casts for sale than just HW's  ?

5. I understand some sellers sell out of their rooms ? Is that correct. Is that condoned by the motel and the promoters? If so how do I do I get in on that ?

6. I haven't gone through the schedule but was wondering if there would be a custom contest?

Share this comment

any chance the HWC will offer  ticket sales again here to it's members, like they used to in the past. or has that window closed.TAZ

Share this comment

On 12/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, CLEARHOOTER said:

I live close enough to Charlotte not to need a motel room. I don't sell I just build. I've never been to a die-cast car event of this expected size. There's a few things I'd like to know. Not to break any secrets.

1. To get into the selling area as just a buyer / spectator is $5.00 each day plus $5.00 parking ?  As long as the parking lasts....?  Sounds like a deal.

2. What would be the best days to go as a buyer / spectator ?

3. What will that $5.00 NOT allow me to do as a buyer / spectator ?

4. I assume there will be more die-casts for sale than just HW's  ?

5. I understand some sellers sell out of their rooms ? Is that correct. Is that condoned by the motel and the promoters? If so how do I do I get in on that ?

6. I haven't gone through the schedule but was wondering if there would be a custom contest?

the selling area is all floors of the hotel attendies are housed on.

if roaming the floors, you will be asked to leave with out a convention pass or a room key, and the pass gets you the parking discount.

that depends, sunday is open to the public.. but you cant do the room to room buying at that time. other then that..any time you have the money to go, is a good time.there are deals to be had, that may be gone later in the week, and saturday people are packing to go home.

to get in  on the con. buying/selling , you must buy a ticket,  to get an event pass. to sell you have to have a room, or reserve a table for the public show on sunday.

there are a few other diecasts. but 99% is hot wheels. after all,  it is not a die cast collectors event.

and yes, there is a custom contest.

Share this comment

WHY are we in the year 2020 and still having us fill out forms and mail in? WHAT?

Share this comment

OLDS442MAN

Posted

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, MIKE$TOY$ said:

Come to Florida, please!!!!!!!!!!

Heck ya !   How about Miami or Orlando or Tampa one time.  Nearest on to me was the NC one that just cancelled, and even then it would have been 800miles.

Share this comment